• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Barker show amazing depth with 2nds winning 27-0 to Knox and 37-3 to Cranbrook, and undefeated in every opens division below but can they win in 1st grade? Waverly's recent win over Knox indicates perhaps otherwise. The fight between Waverly, Barker, and Trinity looks to be extremely close this year.. Knox may be considerably stronger when many of their top players come back from injury and add confidence and structure to their team, but unfortunately it seems the damage has been done to them this season with a point difference of -60 after 2 games, and they face Trinity this weekend. I hope they can prove me otherwise. A close Barker win over Cranbrook is quite encouraging for both Aloysius and Cranbrook, as it reveals they may pose a significant threat to the current favourites, and have great potential to cause upsets, even despite Aloysius' consecutive losses they still managed to rack up a reasonable score line against a seemingly formidable Trinity... I feel that the CAS champions this year will not be undefeated and I look forward to what will be an exciting display of rugby from all schools

T

talentScout

predictions:
trinity over knox
barker over aloys
waverly over cranbrook

trinity and knox, game of the round will be very interesting to see if knox can bounce back from 2 losses

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Trinity 21 - Knox 18
Barker 30 - Alloys 7
Waverly 35 - Cranbrook 21

Alloys may shake barker more than predicted (may even upset), but perhaps not so easy with barker at home. If Knox are going to turn their season around this game is crucial for them and I think they will rise to the occasion, perhaps a victory to Knox even, they are definitely good enough.. High scoring game between Waverly and Cranbrook, both have great attack with good wingers and outside backs in both teams (Cranbrook left winger is definitely under-rated), waverly my tip to back up last weeks performance.. match of the round is definitely trinity vs knox, looking forward to seeing it

O

onthewatch

trinity 27 knox 0
barker 40 alloys 14
waverly 17 cranbrook 12

trinity will be to strong for knox as i watched them last week destroy aloy's, Clarks vision and awareness will be vital once again as he defends at fullback.. also just to much strength in the pack. Barker to good for alloys, there 2, tom wilson will lead from the front looking to take full controll over his cas selection. Waverly vs cranbrook wingers for waves look to strong with their pace and flair.. it will be a tough battle in the middle of the park with both insides going at it. Jack Johnson will be looking for a lot of ball and will be damaging, it will be interesting to see Tom Faye up against Johnson.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
trinity 27 knox 0
barker 40 alloys 14
waverly 17 cranbrook 12

trinity will be to strong for knox as i watched them last week destroy aloy's, Clarks vision and awareness will be vital once again as he defends at fullback.. also just to much strength in the pack. Barker to good for alloys, there 2, tom wilson will lead from the front looking to take full controll over his cas selection. Waverly vs cranbrook wingers for waves look to strong with their pace and flair.. it will be a tough battle in the middle of the park with both insides going at it. Jack Johnson will be looking for a lot of ball and will be damaging, it will be interesting to see Tom Faye up against Johnson.

i can't argue as i haven't seen much of trinity, although i did watch some knox pre-season and they are nowhere near as bad as most people seem to think.. guess we'll see who's right this afternoon, i stand by my prediction trinity by 3

K

knoxy2012

KNOX vs. TRINITY
Final Score 31-6 to KNOX

creeley made a BIG difference

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Knox could have put more than 50 points on Trinity if the handling in the backs hadn't been so poor. Their tactics were perfect - deny Trinity the ball, There was the usual one-out running from Trinity, but whenever the carrier was tackled, Knox swarmed in at the breakdown. Trinity turned Knox over once or twice - Knox turned Trinity over repeatedly. Trinity just didn't bother contesting the breakdown. And Trinity's lineout reverted to being a shambles - they lost about four of their own throws in succession. Full credit for Knox for playing smart and committed football.

Artbeet

Frank Nicholson (4)
50-7
Waves way too good for Cranbrook, despite one sided penalty count. Patterson,Whittaker,Johnson,odonnell stand outs for Waves, Fahey only stand out for the losing team.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
what a performance by Knox! as a non-knox supporter i must admit i am truly happy to see this result.. I managed to catch a glimpse of Barker vs Aloys round today and wow what a mediocre performance from the division leaders today. A 64-0 win in the 2nds would only further show the outstanding depth this Barker side, where from the get-go aloys had no prospects but hopeless defeat im afraid, an outstanding forward pack, and number 10 for 2nd division... The firsts, however, seem to be struggling as they trailed 8-7 at half time to an aloysius side who were not performing particularly higher than their usual standard. It must be added that outstanding runs by no. 13, Brendan Flaherty? and no. 14 George Haltmeier, were baffling as individual efforts, however unfortunately ended in silly mistakes or one offload too many, Flaherty i think is his name, in particular looked dangerous... Barker's depth has proved to be extremely useful as amongst a number of subs a small flanker with red headgear, i think his name was gregory something, lifted the intensity of the forward pack and made some noticable runs. Man of the match however, in my books, was quite a surprise, as no. 3 Nicholas Edney, a big lad, played out of his skin. 2 tries to a prop never come easy, and without his presence the scoreline would perhaps have been in Aloys favour.. A strong side of individuals, however, will not be enough to beat Waverly or Trinity, these boys need to lift in order to beat either of these teams, but i dont doubt their ability. Aloys put up a good fight til the end, but the only standout player was number 4, Williams, who seemed to have a strong presence at the breakdowns. final result Barker 20 Aloys 11

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Watched Trinity for the first time today , & in a word they were "awful".
Knox outplayed Trinity in ever aspect of the game in the second half .
Trinity would not have won more than a third of their own lineouts , principally due to the poor throw ins which were all over the place.
They continually turned over possession in the rucks & mauls , & their defence out wide was also poor , with Knox continually having the extra man , with the Trinity backs frequently falling off tackles.
It was a reasonably close game in the first half but Knox totally dominated in the second.
The Knox full back , Richards , impressed , as he continually made the extra man out wide , thus allowing his team to capitalise on a glut of second half possession , while the Knox backline moved up swiftly forcing numerous errors from Trinity.
For Trinity , Jamieson Clark gave a classy display in a well beaten team , & looks destined for representative honors later in the year.
On todays display one would not confidantly back Trinity to win another game this season.

Bill McLean (32)
KNOX vs. TRINITY
Final Score 31-6 to KNOX

creeley made a BIG difference

Serious!!!!! Well I'm blown away at this result! From all accounts Trinity have brought (or bought ... lmao lmao) together a team that would rival any team in the land!

As stated in a previous thread, "a champion team will always beat a team of champions!"

With that said were Trinity perhaps missing some (or all) key players?

Regards,

K

knoxy2012

Serious!!!!! Well I'm blown away at this result! From all accounts Trinity have brought (or bought ... lmao lmao) together a team that would rival any team in the land!

As stated in a previous thread, "a champion team will always beat a team of champions!"

With that said were Trinity perhaps missing some (or all) key players?

Regards,

i think they were missing 15- culines ross and their number 8 don't no his name

T

talentScout

unbelievable, i could not beleive my eyes, trinity were in it until halftime and knox capitalised and put the trinity boys to the sword. trinitys line outs were terrible and a few mistakes led to the confidence of knox, well done to the knox boys

Status
Not open for further replies.