• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrew smith

Agreed Wicks,saw that game yesterday,what a well drilled side Barker are,their forwards are superb all 1 through 8 especially Marais,they controlled the game with minimal errors and fantastic execution,their coaches should be applauded,they had done their homework,Paterson and O Donnell who had caused Trinity/Knox/Cranbrook such grief were denied space and oppotunity.Davis at Fullback for Barker was very light on his feet and elusive, yet they need to play to him more,possibly a game plan to play the majority of the game in the forwards,possession heavily favoured Barker and they played a tight physical game,led by Edney,Wilson and Marais,Flaherty strong yet predictable and the young flyhalf Smerdon impressed,his time will come.The two sin-bins back to back stopped the second half momentum Waverley was building,Johnson again fearsome and impressive in the forwards while Whitaker at halfback stood out behind a badly outpointed forward pack and their wingers were very good with limited opportunities.

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Will many people show up to the Trinity game this week? Its definitely the clash i want to watch most, might pop over and catch first half of Waverley Aloys could be alright if Waverley want to get some points up to stay close to the top.
At the end of the day remember Footy is the real winner.

O

Option1

It's shaping up as one of the closest comps in recent memory, with a lot of unpredictable results already.

Barker against Trinity will be very interesting to see this weekend, Barker have looked very solid in the early games while Trinity look a shadow of the team they were last year.

Aloys will have to work hard to back up their win at Knox in a big clash with Waverly.

Z

zerox

Barker must be commended on their stellar performance in the firsts, much deserved win and good to see them find form. However, i'd like to draw your attention to something less conspicuous. After watching several games at Barker, especially in the lower grades, there has been consistent and exponential improvement in one individual. I believe his name is James McGowan, after suffering a severe injury last year he was unable to play, but has sought out external advice in the off season, i believe dietary and strength programs which have really payed off, transforming a fairly average Barker boy into a force not to be reckoned with. He is really starting to make himself known in the community with consistent momentum shifting linebreaks and 'neck snapping' tackles, if selectors had spent any time watching games other than the firsts, I find it difficult to come to terms with a CAS 1's or 2's team without this rugby extraordinare carrying them to victory, over the likes of the renown GPS and CHS opponents. Simply a thought, next time your down at barker be sure to ask when McGowan is playing, as its a privilege to watch such talent at a schoolboy rugby match.

CASoldboy

Stan Wickham (3)
thoughts on CAS selection after this round? Main interest is in hooker, open side flanker and 5/8 and the centres?

O

Option1

thoughts on CAS selection after this round? Main interest is in hooker, open side flanker and 5/8 and the centres?

Hooker will be a close call- Kitchen (K) and Wilson (B) are definately the front runners, ahead of Morsello (T)

Open side- Johnson (W) should get the nod here, with Wood (A) also playing well

5/8- Clark (T) with Luke Vevers (A) in the CAS 2nds

Centres- The centre spots are pretty wide open at the moment in my opinion.
Flaherty (B) has been really impressive. He's a big unit and he runs hard and straight.
Also Creely (K) had a decent game in an underwhelming Knox side on the weekend.
Farley (W) could be picked but I'm yet to see him play this year

Bill McLean (32)
It is my understanding that the North v. South matches are due shortly. If so when and where?

Bill McLean (32)
... 5/8- Clark (T) ...

My sources are telling me that Jamo Clark has not been selected for the U/17 Parramatta team that will be competing at the State Championship this year. The coach has gone with Cale Angeloni instead! Can anyone from Trinity confirm this?

MOTH can you lend anything to this?

CASoldboy

Stan Wickham (3)
Hooker will be a close call- Kitchen (K) and Wilson (B) are definately the front runners, ahead of Morsello (T)

Open side- Johnson (W) should get the nod here, with Wood (A) also playing well

5/8- Clark (T) with Luke Vevers (A) in the CAS 2nds

Centres- The centre spots are pretty wide open at the moment in my opinion.
Flaherty (B) has been really impressive. He's a big unit and he runs hard and straight.
Also Creely (K) had a decent game in an underwhelming Knox side on the weekend.
Farley (W) could be picked but I'm yet to see him play this year
hooker seems to be a tight race, does anyone know the name of the aloysius hooker? has impressed me so far, needs a bit of work on the line out throw but his ball running has been second to none. I think the centre pair will be Flaherty (B) and creeley (K) for the 1's, Goodearl (A) and Farley (W) for 2's

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
My sources are telling me that Jamo Clark has not been selected for the U/17 Parramatta team ... Can anyone from Trinity confirm this?

Sorry Newbie - my snouts are woeful in those 2 camps - pretty certain casanovian might know or be able to find out - would be surprised though if he hasn't been picked; maybe he wasn't eligible?

P

Peace keeper

CAS 1st spot for hooker will be determined this weekend with Wilson from barker going head to head with Morsello from trinity ..... Kitchen from Knox really isn't a threat to either of the the two hookers

CASoldboy

Stan Wickham (3)
CAS 1st spot for hooker will be determined this weekend with Wilson from barker going head to head with Morsello from trinity ..... Kitchen from Knox really isn't a threat to either of the the two hookers
Kitchen lacked on the weekend, will be lucky to make either CAS squad

C

Casnovian

My sources are telling me that Jamo Clark has not been selected for the U/17 Parramatta team that will be competing at the State Championship this year. The coach has gone with Cale Angeloni instead! Can anyone from Trinity confirm this?

Newbie and MOTH - Sources seem to be pretty accurate from which I have been told - you are correct a number oF players from Merrylands (not just Jamo) did not make it into Two Blues rep team. Wests may come to the party and accomodate some of those players.

Also understand a number of other under 17 players seriously considering not to play at all at the June Queen's Birthday weekend - taking their chances with further selection through CAS and Schoolboys.

I would guess probably make up their minds once CAS team's named on the 6th or 7th.

Three days a week school training and two days village club training and two games a weekend may be taking its toll at their level (not to mention JGS and NTS expectations as well).

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
...a number oF players from Merrylands (not just Jamo) did not make it into Two Blues rep team.

Three days a week school training and two days village club training and two games a weekend may be taking its toll at their level (not to mention JGS and NTS expectations as well).

WOW - Parramatta must be pretty sure of themselves or has Cale really bumped up his game?

Totally agree that some youth rep players are playing themselves to an early demise - I'm certain that's why A Kellaway only does the school thing now days - at some stage too much is too much.

kiwi playing in Oz

Allen Oxlade (6)
WOW - Parramatta must be pretty sure of themselves or has Cale really bumped up his game?

Lol.
The two blues squad has been training for about the last six weeks I think. A person can't expect to turn up to a trial game three weeks out from the championship and expect to blend in. We all know the rules - if you don't go to training or have a good reason why you don't then you don't play. Seems fair to me.
I am a big fan of Jamo Clark and most of the prominent Merrylands boys of 2011, but no matter how good you are there's always someone waiting to jump in your place at any level of sport. I'm sure West Harbour will be happy to have him back!

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
The two blues squad has been training for about the last six weeks I think. A person can't expect to turn up to a trial game three weeks out from the championship and expect to blend in. We all know the rules - if you don't go to training or have a good reason why you don't then you don't play. Seems fair to me.

Fair call - bit of good luck to West Harbour if they do pick them up - there would be some high calibre names amongst the discards.

F

FactorFiction

Kitchen lacked on the weekend, will be lucky to make either CAS squad

Agree with Option1 on hookers in contention. Watched the last 2 games of Knox (Trinity and Aloys) and if we're talking hookers, not sure which games CASoldboy or PeaceKeeper were watching to make their assessments.
Kitchen was a solid workhorse in general play and made some punishing tackles; by my count he won 5 tight heads in 2 weeks ( 3 against Morsello although 1 or 2 were called back and 2 against Booth); appeared to have 100% success in lineouts and scored one of Knox's 2 tries against Aloys (and I understand also 1 against Waverley). Booth and Morsello also demonstrated solid general playtook but neither took any tightheads and their lineouts need attention. Back to Option1's assessment, I didn't see the Barker v Knox game but understand Wilson and Kitchen were evenly matched.

ABOYS2012

Bob McCowan (2)
hooker seems to be a tight race, does anyone know the name of the aloysius hooker? has impressed me so far, needs a bit of work on the line out throw but his ball running has been second to none. I think the centre pair will be Flaherty (B) and creeley (K) for the 1's, Goodearl (A) and Farley (W) for 2's

Aloysius' hooker is Tom Booth. Only in Year 11 and in recent games has definitely been stepping up, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.