• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Not quite to the point - but which CAS lads playing against CHS last week will be back at school next year?

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not quite to the point - but which CAS lads playing against CHS last week will be back at school next year?

none from barker, spots such as Pederson (no.1), and Marais (no.4) don't have a year 11 replacement until the 4ths

Fairpoint

Stan Wickham (3)
predictions for this weekend anybody?

Trinity over Alos
barker over cranbrook
knox over Waves= an upset i believe as knox are developing some momentum coming out of the CHS game with some great individual performances

W

Wicksdad

5 x Randwick U17 boys backing up for Waves 1st XV against Knox after 3 days of State Champs as well

V

Veteran101

paterson and wileman are doing pathways

I think not, Waverley college doesnt allow pathways. As Oli Nicholson (Waverley College 10, Who had a short 1st XV season with a shoulder Injury) was underage with also the likes of Chris Talakai & Charles Ingram. Waverley College didnt allow them to do pathways because they had to be elite athletes and the headmaster didnt believe they were.

Leave rubbish talk like this off the forum.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
waverley home game to be played out at knox
Is it confirmed? I would think that would disadvantage Knox... Their forwards may do better in a mudbath and the Waverley backs would have their impact diluted if played in a field with 6 inches (152 mm) of water sloshing about.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if there were more Waverley supporters there than Knox. These days the school support given by Knox doesn't seem that strong...if they kids do turn up they are generally a poorly dressed rabble acting like spoilt kids. And within site of the senior Masters/ teachers.

Any news on any other grounds? I think the rain comes again tomorrow afternoon/ Saturday.

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
Wow, I have to say that Clunies-Ross is something special.

Just laid on a great try.

Edit - final score Trinity 26, Aloys 19

O

onthewatch

cranbrook vs barker davies was amazing once again as was haltimeater . cranbrook were without centre i believe due to injury proved costly for them and tom faye was shut down regularly as was mea. Report from Aloys vs Trinity williams had a cracking game as did clunies ross

Artbeet

Frank Nicholson (4)
cranbrook vs barker davies was amazing once again as was haltimeater . cranbrook were without centre i believe due to injury proved costly for them and tom faye was shut down regularly as was mea. Report from Aloys vs Trinity williams had a cracking game as did clunies ross

Expect Vevers to come in for Clarke in the final selection for GPS game

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Waverley 31 Knox 26

..and Cranbrook was zip, which underwhelmed your rolling average of about 11 against Barker, ha ha.
this is true but I'm not entirely surprised. The conditions today would undoubtedly favour the Barker side who enjoy keeping the ball within the forwards, marais v mee would have been interesting, and I would have liked to see how Pearson played with strong back row opposition in Fay. Cranbrook seemed to domimate Barker in the back 3 last time, so it would have been extremely difficult to repeat that style of play with today's weather. I think whilst on paper Cranbrook are a weak side, they will still provide a strong contest for the remainder of their fixtures

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Trinity was without Clark (shoulder) and Morsello, who could be out for the year. Finn moved to fly half and his solid game worked well in the slushy conditions. Both teams did well to persist with attacking play despite terrible conditions. Mud and poor visibility makes it hard to single out individuals but the Trinity power forwards - Orr, Moala, Tiumalu-Afele, McLean- made a big difference and Clunies-Ross scored a brilliant individual try.

Status
Not open for further replies.