• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
Funniest thing watching Jamo's mum going nuts when Moody red carded. Then the ref red cards Jamo! Irony is a wonderful thing. The usual hand bags at 20 paces fracas in a game dominated by the bigger Trinity forwards.
Clunies-Ross starred with several brilliant length of the field tries.
Cranbrook will have to tighten their defence up against Knox next week and Trinity will be without Clark so the backline may again be suspect against Barker.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
22 all eshayz? Waverly were courageous to fight hard to the end to keep a glimmer of hope in their season (they can now only tie for the premiership... Better than most can say). I couldn't catch the game today so could you please elaborate? I understand Waverly were down a few players so please fill us in on what happened!

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
waverley got on top first with a penalty goal. barker equalized. unsure who however a waverley player yellow carded. unconverted try to barker. then converted try to barker which brought it to 15-3 .. waverley converted try to 15-10. unconverted try to waverley 15-15 then in last 10 mins barker crowd lifted up to be more intense and louder than they already were and got barker another converted try by Jenkins. then in the last minute waverley had a half field break and scored and converted on the final whistle.

overall it was a tough game played well by both teams. waverley felt tw pressure and fumbled a few times, a rediculous amount of penalties to both teams lead to a few tussles but nothing major.

I thought waverley needed the win in order to have a chance at the premiership??

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
If Waverley wins twice and Barker loses twice, both schools will have seven wins and a draw. Mathematically it's possible. But it's hard to see Barker dropping two games now...

G

G&GR News Bot

On Saturday, there was only one place to be if you were a disinterested Rugby follower with an eye on the Associated Schools competition. Unbeaten, top-of-the-table Barker was at home to its last plausible challenger, Waverley: a classic battle between a disciplined forward pack and a dangerous back line. But Rugby supporters, even when we’re

Click this link to read the full article...

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
waverley trinity game could be interesting as trinity may pick up intensity for their rival match

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
What happened yesterday then ?
The referee has a sore arm from the amount of cards he had to lift. Trinity are missing at least 2 fit players next week (including Clark) against Barker because of poor discipline... That's what happened yesterday

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
waverley had a half field break and scored and converted on the final whistle.

This isn't characteristic of the Barker boys, they wouldn't be too happy with themselves. I hear Tom Wilson wasn't playing hooker? something about Henry Pederson being injured?... I wouldn't be too harsh on them if that's the case seeing as the front row was a critical aspect of their game. Well done Waverly, and yes they can still 'win' the plume shield in the sense that they have the potential to tie with Barker (7 wins 1 draw 2 losses). Of course that is provided that barker lose the next 2 games and Waverly win both of theirs

Fairpoint

Stan Wickham (3)
The referee has a sore arm from the amount of cards he had to lift. Trinity are missing at least 2 fit players next week (including Clark) against Barker because of poor discipline. That's what happened yesterday

Why are they missing 2 players ? Clark is the only one who got red carded. If you were there observing at an even viewpoint you would know that yesterday trinity unleashed some of its best footy all year.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Why are they missing 2 players ? Clark is the only one who got red carded. If you were there observing at an even viewpoint you would know that yesterday trinity unleashed some of its best footy all year.

I wasn't there observing so I wouldn't know. I misinterpreted snorts comment as I thought he said Moody was also playing for trinity, my apologies... I take it that you believe next weeks fixture will be a close one then?

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
For what it's worth, my view is that if Trinity can get something close to a full complement on the field and if they can reproduce the cohesion they showed against Cranbrook when they play tougher opponents, then they can challenge both Barker and Waverley. But I don't know what the prognosis is on Malaki, Orr and Whicker (to name only three) and my guess is that they won't have Clark next Saturday. There is no absolute rule in the Associated Schools competition but the accepted practice is that a player sent off misses at least one match.

I'm not sure what Trinity will do about that. Last time Clark was out, Connor Finn moved in to fly half. If that happens, and Whicker is still out, then Trinity will face Barker with Cho (who has played scrum half in Seconds most of the year) and Finn (who played in the centres in Seconds last Saturday) as the halves. It's not ideal. Of course, if Barker still have their first-choice props out, that's not great for them either. But if the game becomes a test of depth, Barker wins.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
But if the game becomes a test of depth, Barker wins.

Totally agree, on paper Barker would have far greater depth throughout, as I'm led to believe they do go all the way down to 8ths this year, so it would make sense that they dominate in the lower divisions... but you never know, there could be a new combination found that just clicks for Trinity, sometimes the 'better player' isn't always the most suitable player if you know what I mean.

Pederson should be back for this weekend, with Edney out for the season. That will move Wilson back into hooker and with Slack-Smith (Edney's replacement) having considerable pre-season experience there shouldn't be too many excuses for a poor performance in the Barker forwards. Barker 2nds playing for the trophy this weekend, much the same as the firsts. Don't think I can make it to Summer Hill this saturday, be sure to fill me in on the game Snort!

S

sony

Would anyone be able to post the current ladder for the 2nd's competition?. The CAS website doesn't have one but it would be great if someone could post a ladder on this forum.

A

andrew smith

22 all eshayz? Waverly were courageous to fight hard to the end to keep a glimmer of hope in their season (they can now only tie for the premiership. Better than most can say). I couldn't catch the game today so could you please elaborate? I understand Waverly were down a few players so please fill us in on what happened!

Waverley v Barker was a great game of footy,and it lived up to the pre -match expectations.The first half was very tight and penalty goals were posted by both teams,although Wilson had a rare bad day with the boot,missing several within his range, but made up for it with an outstanding game,Barker had the running in the forwards while Waverleys superior backs kept them in the game,two yellow cards to Waverley within minutes of each other reduced them to 13,many thought it was game over,yet the smaller Waverley forwards toiled manfully.Wilson,Marius and other Barker forwards controlled the ball very well using their rolling maul to perfection.Barker played from in front for most of the game although Waverley always kept close enough for victory,Koutsokis,Morton and Johnson led the Waverley forwards,who refused to buckle.Barker s young 5/8 is Smerdon is a real talent and his tussle with his opposite O Donnell was great to watch,equally the battle between CAS1 and CAS2 halfs,Jenkins and Whitaker was top shelf,with each contributing to a quality match up.Farley for Waverley stood out in the backs with several incisive breaks and some crunching defence on an often charging Flarherty,who capitalised on a puzzling chip and chase by Paterson when down to 13 men,surrendering possecion to Flarhety who scored,Smith and Haltimier had a great battle with the latter scoring an outstanding wingers try with little or no room to move.It looked like Game over again,especially when Jenkins converted from the sideline to push the lead to 7,however in typical Paterson fashion he went from rocks to diamonds,chiming in on slick backline hands from Waverley on their own line,he beat several defenders to race 60m to score besides the sticks with opposite Davis nearly knocking the ball loose,Paterson converted his own try and the whistle blew fulltime....Match of the season

J

Justin Macline

Would anyone be able to post the current ladder for the 2nd's competition?. The CAS website doesn't have one but it would be great if someone could post a ladder on this forum.

1st. Barker
Tied 2nd. Waverley & Cranbrook
4rd. Knox
5th. Trinity
6th. St. Aloysius

Status
Not open for further replies.