• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenno2013

Frank Row (1)
just to clear up any discrepancies and dismissal of all rumours, i will be undertaking the pathways course for barker in 2013, due to the handsome offer provided by the school and nsw rugby i will be able to participate in the rugby program for 2013. another year of school boy rugby. this will also give me another chance to get a better atar as my last one was not attractive. ill see you all saturday 3:15

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
I did say earlier Knox up on barker but I don't think it will be by 20 I say up by 10
barker will have some sort of fight but not much to get ontop

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Can anyone confirm if this is trinitys 100 year anniversary?

if this is true then I would think that they would be coming in at quite a surprising force

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
It is Trinity's centenary year. Sort of. The school opened in February 1913, and the 1st XV played for the first time in about May that year. So this is, actually, Trinity's 101st season of Rugby.

Incidentally, why do the clowns who post rubbish all seem to come from Knox? Just asking.

YR!

Peter Burge (5)
Can anyone confirm if this is trinitys 100 year anniversary?

if this is true then I would think that they would be coming in at quite a surprising force

Yeah mate it is. They will be a force to reckon with this year. Expect their usual physicality and dominance around the ruck.

hleaver13

Frank Row (1)
The Knox team will have an almost unobtainable task this weekend as they front up against a formidable side in Barker. The likes of Tyson Davis, fast, agile and aesthetically pleasing will certainly be used as not only a crowd pleaser but as an effective dummy runner, as im sure the opponents wont be able to take their eyes off him! The aesthetics, however, aren't exclusive to just young Davis, the likes of Jack Slack Smith and Thomas Kennan proving to posses the same qualities leaving most of the Knox side crestfallen as they have not been gifted with the same appeal. Due to this reason alone, i believe that the Barker side will leave the Knox side standing still and admiring their adversary

CASfan

Stan Wickham (3)
What a rippa! The prospect of Essing playing against Barker would be devastating. A lot holds on whether Kennan will be playing. I think his size and kicking ability is up there with the best. Crowds in excess of 10,000 expected at Knox this weekend. Red army expected to attend in full force.
How do they expect to fit 10,000?

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
The fixtures this week are:

CAS Rd # 1 – Sat 4th May
Cranbrook v St. Aloysius’
Knox v Barker
Waverley v Trinity

I presume home sides are first. I have only seen Knox play and am thus not that able to give predictions. Barker has been spoken of favourably, based largely on their depth and results from last year. Their results from this year would suggest that their early favouritism is justified. Cranbrook was strong in the 16's last year. Traditionally this is a good indicator of the next year. The rugby program at Cranbrook has improved recently so I would think they will be a tough side this year and should do well. However, as with Aloy's, depth could be an issue. Aloy's are one of those sides who are always well coached and are enthusiastic in their play. However they do suffer with a lack of depth and sometimes an issue with mental toughness - a lack of belief in their abilities and an inability to win some games they should have won. That said they always put up good shows against Knox.

Waverley as always will be a hard side to play. Especially at Queen's Park. I think that they may have some good players that have come up from a good CAS south side U16 side from last year. Trinity, relative to Waverley and Knox, did the relative poorest against St Pats. But it is their centenary and with their rugby has improved in the last few years. Trinity always gets some good players in the later years.
From what I have seen from Knox, they should be competitive. Their rugby program fell in a bit of a rut in the last few years with them not getting the results they probably should have. It will be interesting to see how the new coaching regime invigorates the side.

As for predictions I am not sure. It is Gala(h) Day at Knox this saturday and there should be a good crowd. Though, quite possibly, the Barker support will be larger than that of Knox. I have no idea who will win. I would say Cranbrook over Aloy's and the home ground advantage should see Waverley over Trinity. Regardless I think this year's competition should be a close one, with the odd surprise thrown in.

casisbest

Frank Row (1)
This will be the closest CAS in years with no team being unbeaten - Barker have a fantastic backline - the Knox age group have been strong for 10 years - 100 year anniversary for Trinity - strong 16's coming through from Cranbrook - bring it on !

Ricci Guranaccio

Frank Row (1)
Barker vs Knox is expected to be a tight affair in which may ultimately involve few points due to the strong defence of both sides (illustrated in the trial games).
As a result, matt williams has reportedly intensified training with hamish newby (one of the talented kickers from last years 1XV) in order to maximise points.
This boy is full of talent and has a huge boot on him (ability to hit 50 metre goals, proven by the game at knox with aloys last year).
Therefore, due to the kicking ability to hamish newby, I'm anticipating knox to just pull away by 5-10 points.

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Barker crowds were by far the best any school has had in years, last year I hope other schools can do the same too because it adds that extra adrenaline to the players, this creating a more heated and high quality game.
I do also like what "casisbest" said, it is true, noone here as of yet has seen enough to make solid predictions BUT I agree it will be a tight run all season, and the premiers may well have to be depending on some teams to lose to other teams to keep their spot at the top.

CAS will go off this year

Reactions: YR!

Chris Ephore

Frank Row (1)
Barker vs Knox is expected to be a tight affair in which may ultimately involve few points due to the strong defence of both sides (illustrated in the trial games).
As a result, matt williams has reportedly intensified training with hamish newby (one of the talented kickers from last years 1XV) in order to maximise points.
This boy is full of talent and has a huge boot on him (ability to hit 50 metre goals, proven by the game at knox with aloys last year).
Therefore, due to the kicking ability to hamish newby, I'm anticipating knox to just pull away by 5-10 points.
Interesting thoughts there Ricci, I watched the game against St Pats and was very impressed by the enthusiam and effort put in by the young Knox men. I am just worried what is going on with number 10's head? Wouldn't it be better for him to wear head gear or even shave his head? His fringe is on the verge of being dangerous and let alone disgusting...

YR!

Peter Burge (5)
Barker crowds were by far the best any school has had in years, last year I hope other schools can do the same too because it adds that extra adrenaline to the players, this creating a more heated and high quality game.
I do also like what "casisbest" said, it is true, noone here as of yet has seen enough to make solid predictions BUT I agree it will be a tight run all season, and the premiers may well have to be depending on some teams to lose to other teams to keep their spot at the top.

CAS will go off this year

I agree. However, Knox will just be too strong.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
Barker go into the 1st round on Saturday at Knox after 8 trial matches with point for/against, 420/31. Granted, 5 of those matches were on tour in South Africa using a mixed senior team drawn from a squad of 30 and against some smaller schools, but the combinations and moves were all well executed. In the final match the kicking was 8 from 10!
Before tour, the boys played Oakhill (home) and Stannies (away) for point for/against, 100/0, From 2012 they may have lost some experience and size but the defence looks to be a feature this year!
Combining the game with the Knox gala day was a stroke of genius and will make for a memorable day, best of luck to all the boys and lets hope for a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.