• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Trinity out-muscled a Cranbrook side missing several key players including well-regarded flanker Summerhayes. It was 26-3 at half-time, with McLean unstoppable close to the line, with two well-taken tries. Cranbrook had 80 percent of the second half possession but could do nothing with it, barging at bigger forwards or going sideways through the backs. A bust by the substitute lock brought him a well-deserved try. Trinity had the last say, when Ebeling made a neat break and passed inside to Barkley-Brown, who stepped the fullback to score under the posts. Whicker was everywhere, sniping, tackling and winning turnove ball - if only his passing were better. Trinity's defence was formidable, and they covered Cranbrook's pacy outside backs well. Barkley-Brown's tackling is exceptional for such a small player. Cranbrook never gave up, but they had no real creativity in attack.

Trinity got plenty of tackling practice, which they'll need to repeat against Barker next week, but they will get murdered if they let Barker have the amount of ball Cranbrook enjoyed in the second half. Players who enhanced their CAS chances were Satiu, McLean, Whicker, Ebeling and Barkley-Brown. Kotobalavu spent the last ten minutes in the bin on a yellow card from a touch judge's report, for an incident visible only to the touch judge and the Cranbrok supporters, who applauded the yellow card vigorously.

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Waverley Barker match report.

Barker came out strong at the begginibg of the game, but waverley had all the possession in barkers 22. Kept them out of the 22 before a successful counter attack led to a try.. Strong play through the forward pack through BOTH teams, lead to a very physical contest. Strong tackles by no. 1 (slack smith) and no. 8 (waverley, sorry don't know name).

2nd half, waverley came out as the stronger team, knowing that barker pushes through to finish off, (as seen in past rounds). strong kicking game from no. 9 in barker (I think it said queerby? in the program.

Waverley were the stronger team in the forwards, but barker knew that they could scrape away with a win by playing through backs, (again Harry jones makes the day)

this score of 22-17, wouldn't reflect the match respectively, as waverley deserved the win, however, their no.9 threw the game away... literally.
(giving barker the penalty to score the winning try).

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Oh wow eshayz, I don't know if that was funny or cruel - either way I admit I had a bit of a chuckle at your final remark... For those of you who don't understand, the Waverley half back, who had played a respectable game up until this point, made the devastating error of throwing the ball into touch instead of kicking (which is a penalty offence) in the final play when they were up 17-15. This wasn't the sole reason why they lost as barker did make a phenomenal effort to run 3/4 of the field to score. But my god, that poor child.

Needless to say that Waverley could and should have beaten barker... Therefore, the CAS competition is going to be closer than we first thought. With trinity finding some form and Knox putting aloys away despite doubts of their ability, we see the standings at 1st barker, 2nd Waverley, 3rd trinity and the remaining 3 sides tied 4th... Trinity have got themselves in striking range! So long as they win next week which is something I don't think is completely beyond them. Waverley dominated barker in the forwards which was the sole reason why they stayed in the game or even looked like winning it at one point (the waverley backs defended well but never looked like scoring)... Trinity have a very good pack also and could potentially exert a similar amount of pressure on barkers backs like Waverley did today. Will want a full match report from snort next week as I can't make it

The Oracle

Stan Wickham (3)
Trinity out-muscled a Cranbrook side missing several key players including well-regarded flanker Summerhayes. It was 26-3 at half-time, with McLean unstoppable close to the line, with two well-taken tries. Cranbrook had 80 percent of the second half possession but could do nothing with it, barging at bigger forwards or going sideways through the backs. A bust by the substitute lock brought him a well-deserved try. Trinity had the last say, when Ebeling made a neat break and passed inside to Barkley-Brown, who stepped the fullback to score under the posts. Whicker was everywhere, sniping, tackling and winning turnove ball - if only his passing were better. Trinity's defence was formidable, and they covered Cranbrook's pacy outside backs well. Barkley-Brown's tackling is exceptional for such a small player. Cranbrook never gave up, but they had no real creativity in attack.

Trinity got plenty of tackling practice, which they'll need to repeat against Barker next week, but they will get murdered if they let Barker have the amount of ball Cranbrook enjoyed in the second half. Players who enhanced their CAS chances were Satiu, McLean, Whicker, Ebeling and Barkley-Brown. Kotobalavu spent the last ten minutes in the bin on a yellow card from a touch judge's report, for an incident visible only to the touch judge and the Cranbrok supporters, who applauded the yellow card vigorously.
Any news on the return of injured Trinity boys Moala, Storey, Fish and Malaki?

max

Frank Row (1)
Matt Williams is a good guys, but his track record, with very talented rosters is terrible. I think the Knox hierarchy have piad way too much for someone without a winning past. I guess he is lucky that he is valued in this way. Good coin for a 4th grade Wests player
waves to win

CASfan

Stan Wickham (3)
Trinity vs Barker next week appears as if it will be a cracking encounter!
Trinity coming off two well deserved wins in their last two matches, and barker appear vulnerable in the forwards, an area where trinity are extremely strong! Barker should have the edge in the backs, although trinity defence has been very strong of late and they will be looking to carry this momentum into next week. A crowd in the thousands expected for old boys day in the centenary year for trinity, should be a great day!

bigkiwi

Frank Row (1)
Trinity vs Barker next week appears as if it will be a cracking encounter!
Trinity coming off two well deserved wins in their last two matches, and barker appear vulnerable in the forwards, an area where trinity are extremely strong! Barker should have the edge in the backs, although trinity defence has been very strong of late and they will be looking to carry this momentum into next week. A crowd in the thousands expected for old boys day in the centenary year for trinity, should be a great day!

I don't think after one game (more like one half as Barker forwards held there own for the first half against Waverly) rights Barker Forwards as vulnerable. From watching Barker games against Knox, Cranbrook and Aloysius the forwards appear to be the platform to allow the backline do what they do. Even against a large forward pack such as Knox's they were able to out muscle out hit and out run them.
That being said Waverlys forwards were on top of Barkers in the second half, but i can imagine a team like Barker to view replays of the game and focus working on the tight channel defence and pick and drive defence which is what allowed Waverly to get back into the game.

bigkiwi

Frank Row (1)
Matt Williams is a good guys, but his track record, with very talented rosters is terrible. I think the Knox hierarchy have piad way too much for someone without a winning past. I guess he is lucky that he is valued in this way. Good coin for a 4th grade Wests player

I wonder if his stuggles with Knox so far, however this win could be what Knox needs to turn there season around, have anything to do with the differences of coaching elite mature athletes as opposed to schoolboys. I can imagine it being a quite a change in not only operations but also in playing philosophy

P

Patroclus

news just in, the cranbrook boys in question have been suspended from rugby until the beginning of term 3

dennis119

Frank Row (1)
news just in, the cranbrook boys in question have been suspended from rugby until the beginning of term 3

if this is true, than I think it is an appropriate step forward in eliminating racism in our game...although it is disappointing for those boys who were suspended, i think it is what they needed...if they keep getting away with it maybe they will never learn from their mistake...perhaps this suspension will make them reflect on just how serious racism is

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dear Mods.

There are about 2 pages of nonsense to be removed above.

All that needs to be left is a statement that there were some unsavoury incidents during the game between Trinity and Cranbrook that will be dealt with by the schools in question.

Posters: This is not sportal or facebook. Please don't post on here as as if it was.

footylover101

Allen Oxlade (6)
cas 16's north and south are picked this week, can someone tell me the process of the teams being picked? Also can you tell me the rep players from this age group who played in a rep team last year?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK, a couple gone, multiple deletions for people making statements and allegation which have no place here.
When this thread re-opens, as I am closing it now for a bit to let things cool down, talk footy, not rubbish back and forth about who allegedly did what, and which team will take measures into their own hands later. Just bullshit.
If you're schoolboys, grow up.
If you're old boys, grow up even more and stop carrying on petty scraps here.
End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.