• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
hasn't "Jamo", their No10 also left the school, he was a rep player and also in yr11, who is his replacement?
Search me.
I was just talking to someone at the school and was given the inside info.
very impressive set up and a lot of answers for the Sporting Scholarships thread if and when I need them.

Seventy-Eight

Bob McCowan (2)
Search me.
very impressive set up and a lot of answers for the Sporting Scholarships thread if and when I need them.
What do you mean by a 'very impressive set up'? Do you mean that they have received scholarships, or something else entirely?

B

badger13

I do know that malakie and Cameron Orr are only 18 next year, not too sure about what year there in at school and if trinity have them in pathways (although I wouldn't be surprised if the school does have the, on pathways)

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I do know that malakie and Cameron Orr are only 18 next year, not too sure about what year there in at school and if trinity have them in pathways (although I wouldn't be surprised if the school does have the, on pathways)
Why would you not be surprised ?

Seventy-Eight

Bob McCowan (2)

I do not believe that Orr is doing pathways, but I believe that Malaki is.

Openside

Stan Wickham (3)
Ahhh predictions.well as a Waverley supporter I'll make my guesses on their fortunes. Overall, I see a tight comp due to decent 16s results and the Year 11s from last year.The roles will reverse in Waverley with the backline being weaker than the forwards with too many new faces and weaknesses in the prop and centre positions will hurt. My projected team for them is:
1. Ben Gan - Solid kid, has some size needs more, I question his motor
2. Nick Koutsoukis - Great leader of the pack, he has great awareness and speed, CAS rep player
3. No idea.
4. Matt Hooper -Improved greatly over years, plays every game like its his last, integral to the lineout
5. Barton Heeney - Tremendous worker, tackling machine, all over the field but doesn't get too many raps for it
6. Lindsey Stevens - Aggressive ball player, almost too aggressive but coaches love it, not much of a downgrade from J. Johnson if he watches his temper
7. Tom O'Connor - Solid flanker, versatile in the pack, fine tackler, also all over the field making plays
8. Ryan Powter -Sums up the pack as a fit, hard worker and never shirking his responsibilities
9. Darby Murphy - Little 1sts game time, solid if not erratic passer, needs to yell at his forwards more
10. Ben O'Donnell - CAS rep player, can scythe through defences and has the speed to go, great pass both ways and very aware of the game, goal-kicker
11. Isaac McKay - Fast and a hard runner in the open field and is often around in support. I feel he disappears sometimes and is quiet. Injury-prone
12. No idea..
13. Jordan Bracewell -Hard runner from the 16As who doesn't mind tackling and is solid if anything else. Unsure of his speed.
14. Andrew Kaine - Possibly the fastest in the CAS, he has speed to burn shown in games in 2nds.Downsides = Inconsistent hands, disappears from games,
15. Tom Duffy - Tall, lanky guy who has enough speed to get around, great at catching and kicking the ball, aware of the game and pops in the line when needed
Few changes.
1. Ben Gan
2. Nic Koutsoukis
3. Joshua Brenton ( Played some 1sts, number 3 from the 2's )
4. Matt hooper
5. Barton Heeney
6. Lindsey Stevens
7. Tom O'Connor
8. Ryan Powter
9. Darby Murphy (Has a strange pass however) / Jack Hopkins.
10. Ben O'Donnell
11. Isaac McKay / The 16a's 11.
12. Absolutely no clue maybe the 16a's Inside.
13. Bracewell maybe (there is no other option really)
14. Thomas Duffy (Kaine is graduated)
15. Jack Basset (Cas u16 fullback) Played 10 in the 16a's.
If any of these boys get injured, lord knows what will happen.

Fairpoint

Stan Wickham (3)
It looks as if Waverley won't be as strong this year,
from wandering round the fields of 'Death Valley', these blokes
are not the biggest but they have a mean and tough game.
I think loss of Jack J and Will P will hurt

J

Justin Macline

Few changes.
1. Ben Gan
2. Nic Koutsoukis
3. Joshua Brenton ( Played some 1sts, number 3 from the 2's )
4. Matt hooper
5. Barton Heeney
6. Lindsey Stevens
7. Tom O'Connor
8. Ryan Powter
9. Darby Murphy (Has a strange pass however) / Jack Hopkins.
10. Ben O'Donnell
11. Isaac McKay / The 16a's 11.
12. Absolutely no clue maybe the 16a's Inside.
13. Bracewell maybe (there is no other option really)
14. Thomas Duffy (Kaine is graduated)
15. Jack Basset (Cas u16 fullback) Played 10 in the 16a's.
If any of these boys get injured, lord knows what will happen.

ahhh yes i forgot about Brenton the name escaped me! I agree Murphy looks very awkward when passing and running and Hopkins could play it as well. Kaine graduated? they told me he was 16 last year but oh well. Basset is a good player from what I've seen, very opportunistic. Yeah behind these kids there is not great depth, the Opens will be very weak this year

Seventy-Eight

Bob McCowan (2)
On a side note, how are the CAS schools developing for the future? Who were the premiers in the younger ages this year, and were there any standouts that will come through to firsts in the next few years?

rugbynut647

Bob McCowan (2)
^^^^^Cranbrook topped the CAS U16 comp, but only got two players in the NSW U16's and one of them was a 1st XV regular.

The CAS U16 reps were a little disappointing at the U16 schools comp. IIRC There were only about 4 or 5 Cranbrook boys in that CAS rep team.
there were 6 players from brook in the cas team, 4 forwards and 2 backs, a team dominated by barker and cranbrook

Gooner

Allen Oxlade (6)
Search me.
Sounds interesting. I know of a few lads you got scholarships and commenced in this term.

Status
Not open for further replies.