• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abe01

Frank Nicholson (4)
Haha yep only 4 months..they had a couple of 3 day camps before and after the Xmas period. Are Knox likely to be a "contender" this year? I'm new to all this cas caper so not sure were they stand compared to the other schools

G

gilbert15

Yeah its all true and he is on a $180,000 salary as well.

PJB your post is a bit confusing as to who you are refering to, I assume it is the Mat Williams question back at post #80, if so , in future click on "reply" and the original will also appear.!!

G

gilbert15

The rumour is true. They have been training since before xmas

hard to believe that the full squad is available as that would mean that lots of boys would have to be pulled out of swimming, cricket, basketball etc???

PJB81

Bob McCowan (2)
PJB your post is a bit confusing as to who you are refering to, I assume it is the Mat Williams question back at post #80, if so , in future click on "reply" and the original will also appear.!!
sorry champ 1st time here. Thanks for the tip! yes i was refering to Matt Williams. Massive money for a schoolboy 1stXV coach

G

gilbert15

Yeh, I've also hear recent rumors that some GPS senior rowing coaches are on similar $.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
sorry champ 1st time here. Thanks for the tip! yes i was refering to Matt Williams. Massive money for a schoolboy 1stXV coach

But when you consider the possible scholarship participants at other schools and the composition of the 1st XV at those places, similar money would have been spent there.

PJB81

Bob McCowan (2)
But when you consider the possible scholarship participants at other schools and the composition of the 1st XV at those places, similar money would have been spent there.
Very true, im think back to my days playing CAS rugby and we trained 3 x a week and didint start that til the begining of term 2 ( about 5 weeks from 1st game) How times have changed!

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Very true, im think back to my days playing CAS rugby and we trained 3 x a week and didint start that til the begining of term 2 ( about 5 weeks from 1st game) How times have changed!
Term 2: in the days of three terms or four terms? I may be showing my age there...

And with the training starting this early, Matt Williams time could probably be better spent training the coaches up at Knox. If nothing else get their standard up and get a consistent style of rugby across the place. Similar to that at Joey's or in the older days when places like Shore played a similar style across the board.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
The Barker boys run out against a touring side from Canada (Collingwood High) on the 23rd, who else is trialing that day?

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)
The Barker boys run out against a touring side from Canada (Collingwood High) on the 23rd, who else is trialing that day?
Not sure of the dates but Cranbrook also has a tiral against Collingwood as well as Aloys, St Pius and Grammar this term

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
I believe Knox is having a trial against Marist Canberra this Saturday.

As to where and when I have no idea.

rugbyfiend123

Frank Row (1)
Cranbrook 1st - 38
Collingwood 1st - 7

Cranbrook 2nd - 91
Collingwood 2nd - 0

looked as if Cranbrook also fielded a second string first and seconds team but played with great structure and excitement. Appeared that they were missing a few big boys i recognized from last year, but still had strength in the breakdown and defence, they will have good depth this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.