• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

william_wolfgang

Bob McCowan (2)
Whilst attending an Eastwood trial against randwick last weekend I began chatting with a fellow grey haired comrade. He informed me after a lengthy discussion that Barkers young halfback Queerby? (Correct me if I have misspelt) will not be playing schoolboy rugby this year. He has, in fact, decided to go down the club rugby path and will be playing for Eastwood colts this season. If this is in fact true, it would be a devastating blow to Barkers prospects this year with the combination between fly half Smerdon was developing nicely. Please respond if other information is known on this topic.

bigkiwi

Frank Row (1)
Whilst attending an Eastwood trial against randwick last weekend I began chatting with a fellow grey haired comrade. He informed me after a lengthy discussion that Barkers young halfback Queerby? (Correct me if I have misspelt) will not be playing schoolboy rugby this year. He has, in fact, decided to go down the club rugby path and will be playing for Eastwood colts this season. If this is in fact true, it would be a devastating blow to Barkers prospects this year with the combination between fly half Smerdon was developing nicely. Please respond if other information is known on this topic.

utter gossip, he is playing these weekend against st stannies and is going on tour, dont see why someone who made nsw schools as a yr11 kid would want to focus on club rugby in yr 12 ... and its spelt kirkby

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
To be perfectly fair based on the record over the last 4 seasons Andrew Moloney of Barker has won 3 titles (2 being back to back) one in 2010 and the other two in 2012 and 2013 with trinity taking the title in 2011. And last year by all accounts Knox was suppose to run the table with their large pack and new international coach, but once again that proved to be false. I think many people forget that Mr Williams is custom to training and playing with full grown men and professional athletes, not necessarily schoolboys who have other commitments and whose bodies can not be put through the same vigirous training regime.
This is not to say that Knox will not be a storng side this year, however as of right now i would say that Barker, Waverly and to an extent Trinity coaches have more credentials in regards to schoolboy rugby and in specific CAS rugby than Mr Williams.
To be honest I don't have much intel on this years CAS contenders, but from the reports I heard from last weeks trial between Riverview and Waverly, I can't see Waverly making a claim for the title given Riverview had about 7 returning or likely 1st XV players out and Waverly crossed the line for only 2 pick and drive tries after the ref piggy backed them down field from about 60 out. Waverly may have also been missing a few , don't know. This weekend will give a better indication than history does when Knox play joeys, who will be less their athletes, but regardless joeys are always difficult to beat. I will be very keen to read the reports on that game.

Old schooled

Frank Nicholson (4)
To be honest I don't have much intel on this years CAS contenders, but from the reports I heard from last weeks trial between Riverview and Waverly, I can't see Waverly making a claim for the title given Riverview had about 7 returning or likely 1st XV players out and Waverly crossed the line for only 2 pick and drive tries after the ref piggy backed them down field from about 60 out. Waverly may have also been missing a few , don't know. This weekend will give a better indication than history does when Knox play joeys, who will be less their athletes, but regardless joeys are always difficult to beat. I will be very keen to read the reports on that game.
If my memory serves me right, Waverley were beaten by about 50 in first trial last year at Riverview. We know what happened after that. Everyone wants to write off Waverley why?

footylover101

Allen Oxlade (6)
Shore 22-Aloys 5... Left after aloys took off half their team and completely bombed a try after the third quarter. Aloys won the seconds in a far less physical match. Shore forward pack was outstanding against an aloys pack of what I presume to be year 11 students. Promising for aloys though look like a strong back line.

Ncfooty

Bob McCowan (2)
Cranbrook defeated Waverley at Queens park 36 - 7. They were without their NSW back rower Summerhayes. Although Waverley were also missing key forwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Waverley will struggle this year. Lost engele to trinity and Cornish gone to 15s presumably to coach his son. O'donell new coach ...not their best option IMHO

Waverley will come good in a couple years, unless scots goes back to their pilfering ways.

Cranbrook will start strong, but it will end up a 2 horse race between knox and barker ... With my money on knox, although Hope barker makes it interesting

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Just a reminder you will get kicked off this site if your comments are inappropriate this is not Sportal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.