• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Guys there have been some posts here that are more like Tweets. Sometimes they are mischievous as when boys are talking up their mates.

Tweeting-type posts, especially by members with a low message count will be deleted because they annoy regular posters.

Please refrain.

Thank you.

sw57

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting stats after looking through the scorelines on the CAS website. Purely based on try's scored for this season there is some interesting figures to look at for players that are in some form.

For the six schools, the leading try scorer has scored this many try's:
ALOYSIUS - 1
BARKER - 1
CRANBROOK - 2
KNOX - 6
TRINITY - 3
WAVERLEY - 1

In terms of individual players, Renton, Mahoney and Makkas from 'Brook have all scored 2, from trinity Barkley-Brown has scored 2 and Wayland has scored 3, from Knox Field, Williams and Price have 2, 3 for Watson, Bindczus and Van Zyl, and double any one in the CAS Jimmy Widders-Leece with 6.

6!! From a hooker!

Anyway, just thought id share

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Writers

We are a bit skinny on writers. We don't have anybody who goes to Waverley or Aloys games to share the load.

If there's anybody interested please send me a "convo".

Just a couple of games for the rest of the season will be fine.

Photos of any game are welcome also—send me a convo on that if you or a friend take snaps.

Rumble

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting stats after looking through the scorelines on the CAS website. Purely based on try's scored for this season there is some interesting figures to look at for players that are in some form.

ALOYSIUS - 1
BARKER - 1
CRANBROOK - 2
KNOX - 6
TRINITY - 3
WAVERLEY - 1

In terms of individual players, Renton, Mahoney and Makkas from 'Brook have all scored 2, from trinity Barkley-Brown has scored 2 and Wayland has scored 3, from Knox Field, Williams and Price have 2, 3 for Watson, Bindczus and Van Zyl, and double any one in the CAS Jimmy Widders-Leece with 6.

6!! From a hooker!

Jimmy Widders-leece has only had a few games this year at Hooker. His try scoring days will be numbered now he is learning to hook and participate in the rucks. He has had some good running tries after retrieving the ball from outside the ruck.

Lemons 2.0

Bob McCowan (2)
Not Sure Rumble what you are thinking of.

Last Season Widders-leece played back-row but has played hooker the entire season of 2014 including all trials and CAS game.

I feel only from here his try scoring numbers will increase even further.

Lemons 2.0

Bob McCowan (2)
I haven't seen JWL play this year.

How does he throw to the lineout?

JWL lineout throwing is going strength from strength each weak. Two weeks ago against Waverly, each Knox throw was hit perfectly.

When he makes his runs and line breaks (the many he does!) he keeps opposition guessing holding ball out in front, either drawing in opposition then offloading to support runners whom are plentiful or barrages straight through.

@Lee Grant, you should try and get down this weekend at Knox to see JWL in action.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I'll be at the Oz U20 game at Chatswood Oval and the match before it: Gordon v Rats.

But JWL took my eye whenever I saw him last year and I will see him in the rep games soon enough.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Unless you're betting on knox! ;)

Knox have lost to aloys twice in the last 2 years - both times going in expecting a comfortable victory. Something must go on at aloys before the Knox games, because they always seem to lift for the occasion. I wouldn't expect any different this year, seeing how fired up the aloys forwards were against barker.

Would definitely still favour knox for the victory, but stranger things have happened!

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)

ALOYSIUS - 1
BARKER - 1
CRANBROOK - 2
KNOX - 6
TRINITY - 3
WAVERLEY - 1

6!! From a hooker!

Very interesting - 6 is a great achievement congratulations to this young man!

S

sidelineview

Writers

We are a bit skinny on writers. We don't have anybody who goes to Waverley or Aloys games to share the load.

If there's anybody interested please send me a "convo".

Just a couple of games for the rest of the season will be fine.

Photos of any game are welcome also—send me a convo on that if you or a friend take snaps.

How does one have a 'convo' with you? i assume that's a private conversation.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Click on Inbox word up in the top right next to your user name. This will bring up a drop down "Conversation" window. Follow your nose from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.