• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
Knox vs barker always has the biggest crowd. The only nsw schoolboy game that would draw a bigger crowd is Riverview vs joeys. I'd say there were about 2000 or more there last week despite the rain. It's usually around 4000

The "Battle of Bellevue Hill" ie. Scots vs Cranbrook also draws a large crowd - usually 3000 plus.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
The "Battle of Bellevue Hill" ie. Scots vs Cranbrook also draws a large crowd - usually 3000 plus.

This is true! I forgot about this fixture. Unfortunately it's been a rather one-sided battle of recent years

Dontreachyoungbloods

Allen Oxlade (6)
Having watched the Knox team a fair bit over the past couple of seasons, I think the performance today was maybe the best "team" game I have seen them in. Every single player performed, discipline - especially in defense - was outstanding, great structure, and they played like they had something to prove.

I felt the score was a reflection of how well Knox played, rather than a reflection on Waverley's performance. They really do have very good outside backs but there appeared to be a lack of structure to their game, and too much reliance on individual brilliance (effectively the opposite of the way Knox played). The Waverley v Barker game could be pretty interesting.

[long time reader, first time poster]

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
It is the '
does anybody know what Knox are building there by the way? It seems that school is constantly a construction site
it is the 'Senior School Academy' - a 4/5 story edifice for year 11/12 almost finished. And I think that finishes their current building phase, so the school stops being a building site. That said they also own most of the houses along that road from the station which may be redeveloped

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
It is the '
it is the 'Senior School Academy' - a 4/5 story edifice for year 11/12 almost finished. And I think that finishes their current building phase, so the school stops being a building site. That said they also own most of the houses along that road from the station which may be redeveloped

To be pedantic it's the "Senior Studies Academy". Ironically, it occupies the site of the long time headmaster's house.

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
What is with private schools and purchasing houses in their vicinity?

So they can be the incumbent Residents Action Group.

Back to the rugby and the Waverley player who tried to pick a fight with Captain America must have had some sort of death wish. Maybe he was sent off for his own protection.

cranbrookrugby

Bob McCowan (2)
So they can be the incumbent Residents Action Group.

Back to the rugby and the Waverley player who tried to pick a fight with Captain America must have had some sort of death wish. Maybe he was sent off for his own protection.

Haha the waverley player who picked a fight with captain america ? is a future NRL star and can most likely bench squat deadlift more than this wannabe called captain america

sammyburgess

Stan Wickham (3)
I would honestly not want Captain America in my team. From watching him play yesterday at Waverley, it is obvious that he has an arrogant attitude to his game. He would run 50m to get involved in every single push and shove... mouthing off to the crowd all game... mouthing off in every scrum, which i could hear clearly from the sideline.

He will not last long in any higher rep teams with this attitude and if i was a selector i wouldn't pick him until he takes a good look at himself and fixes his attitude.

Tahmen

Frank Nicholson (4)
I would honestly not want Captain America in my team. From watching him play yesterday at Waverley, it is obvious that he has an arrogant attitude to his game. He would run 50m to get involved in every single push and shove. mouthing off to the crowd all game. mouthing off in every scrum, which i could hear clearly from the sideline.

He will not last long in any higher rep teams with this attitude and if i was a selector i wouldn't pick him until he takes a good look at himself and fixes his attitude.

That seems like an unfair representation of Swinton's game. He has had discipline problems in the past but he has been working hard this season on it and in both of the the games this season he has been well disciplined and I have been impressed. He responded very well when the Waverely player tried to pick a fight with him, he kept his cool and didn't swing back.

Kilgore Trout

Herbert Moran (7)
Is there any sort of system that monitors yellow cards eg if a player records two yellow cards within a certain timeframe he gets an automatic suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

sidelineview

That seems like an unfair representation of Swinton's game. He has had discipline problems in the past but he has been working hard this season on it and in both of the the games this season he has been well disciplined and I have been impressed.

Swinton played a very strong game yesterday but it's not hard for teams to bait him. There's plenty of players in the comp (as well as in the Waverley team) who will stand up to him.

Tahmen

Frank Nicholson (4)
Swinton played a very strong game yesterday but it's not hard for teams to bait him. There's plenty of players in the comp (as well as in the Waverley team) who will stand up to him.

I don't doubt that there are players who will stand up to him and try and niggle a penalty or a yellow card out of him. However from what I have seen of him this season I don't think he will take the bait like old Swinton would have. Waverley gave it a go on the weekend and they got yellow carded. Only time will tell though if he can hold the discipline for the season.

Mr Goyu Goodthing

Frank Nicholson (4)
I would honestly not want Captain America in my team. From watching him play yesterday at Waverley, it is obvious that he has an arrogant attitude to his game. He would run 50m to get involved in every single push and shove. mouthing off to the crowd all game. mouthing off in every scrum, which i could hear clearly from the sideline.

Comments such as this really surprise me. Yesterday, I personally witnessed:
-Waverley coaching staff (not sure what level) baiting/ sledging schoolboy players on the field,
-Waverley assistant staff baiting/ sledging schoolboy players on the field,
-Two Waverley players yellow carded for foul play - 1 x open punch to the head of a Knox player who did not retaliate,
-Waverley providing security to keep their vocal Old Boys under control,

Under the circumstances, I think Knox showed exceptional composure for schoolboys. I may be wrong, however, I don't believe that they were penalised once for foul play. Despite winning 41-0 in a hostile away environment - I think they should be commended for their game and sportsmanship in that type of situation.

I think naming schoolboy players in a negative way on this open blog is very poor form.

S

sidelineview

I don't doubt that there are players who will stand up to him and try and niggle a penalty or a yellow card out of him. However from what I have seen of him this season I don't think he will take the bait like old Swinton would have. Waverley gave it a go on the weekend and they got yellow carded. Only time will tell though if he can hold the discipline for the season.

He's a powerful player and it's good to see him improve with his controlled aggression. He's another schoolboy improving and learning but he's still got a way to go. His coaches were encouraging him from the sideline to keep control yesterday, so he's still a work in progress, but that's par for the course. Good luck to him if he can master this part of his game. The higher the standard of rugby he plays the less the Captain America tag will stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.