• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Aloys have win all their games from now on including beating Knox - and Knox have to lose to somebody else as well.

Then they will be tied on competition points - don't know what the tie-breakers are - if any.

James999

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone have a match report/summary of Knox v Waverley 16A?

The game commenced with both teams eager and enthusiastic. Knox forwards in open play dominated the early proceedings. The scrums were clearly dominated by Waverly. The Knox props really struggled to figure out how to manage the scrums and their opposing players

First try to the number 5 (white head gear) was a result of good lead up work by Knox for a sustained period of time. Good solo effort

Knox then looked by far the better of the two teams with some good play in the backs opening Waverly up regularly. The semed to have the game in control in the first half racing to three tries. The number 13 played well for Knox.

Waverly came back towards the latter part of the first half and after some good play managed to open their account

The second half - i honestly wish i wasn't there. The Knox number 2 struggled to find the center of the line-outs on a regular basis - and with scrums and dropped ball it became painful to watch. i suspect had Knox maitained better ball control there was a bigger score in it

To their credit Waverly looked the better team in the second half with some of their big forwards finding some momentum. They held the ball a little more than the Knox boys and managed to get to 20-10. Having said that i did feel that Knox were always in control and not under any pressure

Thank goodness the ref blew full time .........

S

Slim

Aloys have win all their games from now on including beating Knox - and Knox have to lose to somebody else as well.

Then they will be tied on competition points - don't know what the tie-breakers are - if any.
An arm wrestle!

Rebels rising

Stan Wickham (3)
would trinity be the ones to beat knox

I think that is a very strong possibility as they showed in round one that they can match up with knox well. This is mainly because they have the size to compete with the big knox forward pack (although size has been slightly diminished with waylands injury). In saying this Armstrong and Stenning were out for knox in their first round match. I think Trinity will be very disappointed in their performance against aloys. They looked quite overmatched and didn't seem to find a rhythm of attacking play. A win would have had them in the same position as Aloys with a chance at a joint premiership. Their year 12s have had a long history against Knox being joint premiers in underage rugby and no doubt they will be eager to win their last game against them especially at home

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
I think the competition is still quite wide open. Trinity is yet to host Knox which I think will be a hard game for them. And both Cranbrook and Barker are improving sides. The rematch between Aloys and Knox will be a good one, as both sides will be wanting to prove a point from their Round 1 encounter. Aloys will not want the holiday break, as they are on a roll and that could diminish their momentum.

For others sides the break will be much needed to regroup, rest and wait for their injured players to return.

But I am enjoying the closeness of this competition and quality of the games I have seen. So congratulations to the players for putting on a spectacle.

S

sidelineview

From the CAS website

CAS 1st XV
Tom Hill ( C ), Nicholas Rowell ( K ), Alexander Rathie ( C ), Lachlan Swinton ( K ), Liam Rasch ( T ), Milan Basson ( K ), Harry Chapman ( K ), Harry McLennan ( T ), Matthew Hayes ( A ), Bruce Thompson ( B ), Peter Slaven ( A ), Sam Lawson ( A ), Joe Williams ( K ), Alex Diamond ( A ), Ryan Longville ( T ),
CAS 2nd XV
Connor Grindal ( K ), Eric Stene ( A ), Jordi Nikopoulos ( A ), Hugh Margin ( K ), Will Halliday ( A ), Josh Kennedy ( C ), Liam Shiel-Dick ( A ), Simon Purcell ( B ), Rhett Butler ( K ), Robert Siteine ( T ), Dion Narayan ( W ), Tom Fuller ( W ), Jake Smirnotis ( W ), Jackson Mohi ( W ), Leo Bosch ( K ), Lewis Barakat ( C ), Anthony Nguyen ( T ), Pernell Filipo ( T ), Lachlan Begg ( K ), Andy Lloyd ( B ), Adam Wigglesworth ( B ), Tyzac Jordan ( W ), David Stenning ( K ),

S

sidelineview

Injury list:

1sts: 1 Aintey B

2nds: 6 Cooper W, Res forward Cardassilaris W, 9 Murphy W

S

sidelineview

Brian Jones inside scoop.
CAS Team for 1sts
1. Tom Hill (c)
2. Nick Rowell (k)
3. Alex Rathie (c)
4. Liam Rasch (t)
5. Lachlan Swinton (k)
6. Milan Basson (k)
7. Harry Chapman (k)
8. Harry Maclennan (t)
9. Matt Hayes (a)
10. Bruce Thompson (b)
11. Peter Slaven (a)
12. Sam Lawson (a)
13. Joe Williams (k)
14. Alec Diamond (a)
15. Ryan Longueville (t)
CAS Team for 2nds
1. Connor Grindal (k)
2. Eric Stene (a)
3. Jordan Nikolopolous
4. Hugh Margain (k)
5. Will Halliday (a)
6. Josh Kennery (c)
7. Liam Shiel-dick (a)
8. Simon Pursell (b)
9. Cooper Murphy (w)
10. Robert Sitene (t)
11. Dion Narayan (w)
12. Angus McNiven (c)
13. Jake Smirnotis (w)
14. Jackson Mohi (w)
15. Leo Bosch (k)

Tom Fuller (W) is 12 and Rhett Butler (K) is 9

CASrugby

Bob McCowan (2)
From the CAS website

CAS 1st XV
Tom Hill ( C ), Nicholas Rowell ( K ), Alexander Rathie ( C ), Lachlan Swinton ( K ), Liam Rasch ( T ), Milan Basson ( K ), Harry Chapman ( K ), Harry McLennan ( T ), Matthew Hayes ( A ), Bruce Thompson ( B ), Peter Slaven ( A ), Sam Lawson ( A ), Joe Williams ( K ), Alex Diamond ( A ), Ryan Longville ( T ),
CAS 2nd XV
Connor Grindal ( K ), Eric Stene ( A ), Jordi Nikopoulos ( A ), Hugh Margin ( K ), Will Halliday ( A ), Josh Kennedy ( C ), Liam Shiel-Dick ( A ), Simon Purcell ( B ), Rhett Butler ( K ), Robert Siteine ( T ), Dion Narayan ( W ), Tom Fuller ( W ), Jake Smirnotis ( W ), Jackson Mohi ( W ), Leo Bosch ( K ), Lewis Barakat ( C ), Anthony Nguyen ( T ), Pernell Filipo ( T ), Lachlan Begg ( K ), Andy Lloyd ( B ), Adam Wigglesworth ( B ), Tyzac Jordan ( W ), David Stenning ( K ),

CAS 2nd XV Number 6's name is Josh Kemeny

Kilgore Trout

Herbert Moran (7)
Sorry mate, i do prefer precision in this forum. No need to get angry. Just correcting people's errors, as you would do.
No I am sorry I was trying to say that it would be nice if the CAS website was accurate. I was not having a go at you but I could have been clearer in that rather than using the something something something - not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
CAS getting mugged. 12 nil. Lost 4 scrum feeds. Selectors have mucked up the front row

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.