• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
Congratulations to the three CAS coaches that have been nominated in the Asteron Life Coach of the Year with Paul Cornish (Waverley), Scott Coleman (Waverley) and Matt Lovett (Knox) all gaining nomination.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)

Just for the record towns choose the chooks over the bunnies.

What does everybody think of yr 10 boys playing firsts for school As I think morretti ,Murphy and towns good enough for Waverley but it's a very big jump in size and speed , along with the physicality .

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)

What does everybody think of yr 10 boys playing firsts for school As I think morretti ,Murphy and towns good enough for Waverley but it's a very big jump in size and speed , along with the physicality .

May i ask how you know all this information about Waverley players?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)

Personally I think the 3 you mentioned could handle it ... However unlike 2015 I can't see there is a desperate need for them.

In 2015 there was a need for props and second rowers and that's why several played up ...

However in 2016 waverley will have plenty of good backs ... So don't see Towns as desperately needed.

Unless he can somehow prove he has more zip, than all the other speedy contenders.

Similarly in the forwards ... Moretti is a good player but not sure he is needed given strong options in tight 5. Plus he is playing league so unless he is switching to the wicks in 2016, I see him as still developing

Which leaves murphy and to me , he is the most likely. Think back row options are reasonable in 2016, but tadgh could bolster options, particularly if he has a good off season.

Anyway not sure how it works ... Do they get invited to trial?

Either way all 3 are great players ... Their time will come ... But only murphy I see as a serious chance

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any other smartarses who would like a rest?
Or do people just want to get back to discussing rugby?
In case anyone is in any doubt, this is a privately owned forum, with rules.
If you don't like them, don't post here.
Take your rubbish somewhere else.
If you want to keep breaking them, you'll get a rest.
It's that simple.

The forum software records IP Addresses. The boffins at HQ G&GR have been known to block IP addresses where swarms of infantile posts come from.
Heads of School are often interested to know what their pupils get up to using the School IT network infrastructure.

Pilfer

Bob McCowan (2)
Aloys first XV will be interesting next year. Whilst I don't think they will be championship contenders, I would back them for some upsets changing the structure of the competition. This is mainly based on the fact the team will be young and inexperience. Only 5 members of the current 1st team will return.
Will Denny -4
Simon Rahme -1
Vincent Hardina -7
Jack Mazaraki -11
Peter Slaven -13
I think with the return of state fly half Matt Danton from injury, could see them create havoc in the backline with other star Peter Slaven. Howevers it's in the forwards I worry with a lack of size of standout players. Thus I predict Aloys to be a team where if the backs fire up could beat anyone, however will not be able to maintain consistency due to a small forward pack. That being said Aloys did very well this year with a small forward pack. So a top 3 finish is definitely possible

RedBlue

Stan Wickham (3)
Would Sean Kennedy from Knox get over Spalding for the CAS job. Kennedy was the Sydney 14's starting hooker this year and I am under the impression Spalding is the same age.

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
I think Trinity will be in with a big chance with NSW stars in Wayland and Morris and players returning like Rasch and Longville. i just think that depth will once again be a problem for the men at SummerHill

Predictied 2016

4. Liam Rasch
8. James Wayland NSW JGC
10. Ryan Longville
12. Jordon Morris NSW JGC
14. Byron Hollingworth-Dessent 16's
15. Kordell Payne CAS U16

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
I think Trinity will be in with a big chance with NSW stars in Wayland and Morris and players returning like Rasch and Longville. i just think that depth will once again be a problem for the men at SummerHill

Predictied 2016

4. Liam Rasch
8. James Wayland NSW JGC
10. Ryan Longville
12. Jordon Morris NSW JGC
14. Byron Hollingworth-Dessent 16's
15. Kordell Payne CAS U16
Trinity have been given good chances every year (well, certainly that I have been watching), and they continually disappoint. It does look like they might have some good backs there though. How much of a loss will McLennan be though? Only time will tell...

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
1. Sam Talakai (W)
2. James Widers-Leece (K)
8. Hugh Summerhayes (C)
13. Conor Watson (K)
15. Harry Jones (B)

Started off with a few

I would also consider Scott Sio (Trinity) - I think he is in this decade. Jack Debreczeni (T) and Tyson Davis (B).

footylover101

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. Sam Talakai (W)
8. Hugh Summerhayes (C)
13. Conor Watson (K)
15. Harry Jones (B)

Started off with a few
Wallabies
- Sio (2009) Trinity
- Foley (2008) Aloys
- McCabe (2006) Aloys

Super Rugby
- Debreczini- Trinity (Rebels)
- Stirzaker- Knox (Rebels)
- Kingston- Aloys (Rebels)
- Tom English- Waverley (Rebels)
- Fotu Auelua- Trinity (Brumbies)
- P.Sio Trinity (Stade Francaise)
- Rory Sidey? Force? Trinity

Phil Meanus

Frank Row (1)
1. Sam Talakai (W)
3. Scott Sio (T)
4. Will Munro (W)
5. Hugh Pyle (B)
6. Pat Sio (T)
7. Fotu Auelua (T)
8. Jed Holloway (W)
9. Nick Stirzaker (K)
10. Bernard Foley (A)
11. Tyson Davis (B)
12. Pat McCabe (A)
13. Tom English (W)
14. Tom kingston (A)
15. Harry Jones (B)

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Leaving aside the merits of your suggested team, have you considered whether your chosen name is likely to preclude you ever having any credibility on this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.