• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
Hi Bolivia,

No one would have predicted that, but they gave it to joeys today.
Absolutely. Very dominant in contact. Hope the props knee is ok. He was having a blinder before he went off. Finn Wright? Noticeable in the scrum when he went off.
Not many weak links either. Very impressed.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Absolutely. Very dominant in contact. Hope the props knee is ok. He was having a blinder before he went off. Finn Wright? Noticeable in the scrum when he went off.
Not many weak links either. Very impressed.

Yes Finn Wright, in 1sts as prop in year 10, he will be fine and he does have a big effect. Nephew of Owen Finnegan, does that explain a few things?

Can't remember when anyone last put nearly 50 on Joeys at HH, but they will bounce back.

PickN_go

Frank Row (1)
Not taking anything away from Waverley, they were clearly the better team today and truly deserved the win.

But Joeys were very unlucky to lose both their centres Eveleigh and Reilly pretty early on in the game. Both who were awesome last week and probably add 15-20 points by themselves.

Once again congratulations to Waverley, but i think if you add them two in for the duration of the game and it's a lot closer.

PickN_go

Frank Row (1)
Finn Wright has got to be shoe-in for Aussie schools.. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the Waverley forwards are selected for higher honors IMO.

How did Knox go today?

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes Finn Wright, in 1sts as prop in year 10, he will be fine and he does have a big effect. Nephew of Owen Finnegan, does that explain a few things?

Can't remember when anyone last put nearly 50 on Joeys at HH, but they will bounce back.
I hope your right about his knee. Looked pretty bad.

S

sidelineview

Finn Wright has got to be shoe-in for Aussie schools.. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the Waverley forwards are selected for higher honors IMO.

How did Knox go today?

Lets hope its not too serious. He's a special player.

Knox were beaten by Newington 29-17

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)

How did Knox go today?

A "shoe-in"? You have go to be kidding! My opinion, he might make NSW 2s. Frost will be the only CAS player to go anywhere this year. CAS will get, I'm guessing, 5 in NSW School's - I'm not sure who those 5 will be though.

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not taking anything away from Waverley, they were clearly the better team today and truly deserved the win.

But Joeys were very unlucky to lose both their centres Eveleigh and Reilly pretty early on in the game. Both who were awesome last week and probably add 15-20 points by themselves.

Once again congratulations to Waverley, but i think if you add them two in for the duration of the game and it's a lot closer.

I would disagree with that analysis. Very unfortunate head clash that lead to the SJC No 12 coming off (and the #6 ? as well - hope he is better) but it was the result of a last ditch tackle to stop a Waverley try (which they did) early on. But to have centres who can change the game's direction they need the ball. And this game was about forward domination that Waverley had and SJC didn't.
No kids puts 15-20 points on 'by themselves' when the forwards are being dominated. And given the Waverley prop who was making inroads every time he touched the ball only lasted until just after half time on one leg, one could argue that the score flattered SJC in the end. I think if you add the two SJC players and keep the WC prop on the score stays more or less the same.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

PickN_ Go,

Yes they were unlucky, and hope both boys are ok, but Joeys couldn't get any quality ball, so as you know, you can have JC in the back line but if no ball....

The Waves back line is also very good, our inside centre is very special, so not sure if anything would have changed.
An extra 15-20 points think not!

But as I said previously, Joeys will bounce back.

PickN_go

Frank Row (1)
PickN_ Go,

Yes they were unlucky, and hope both boys are ok, but Joeys couldn't get any quality ball, so as you know, you can have JC in the back line but if no ball..

The Waves back line is also very good, our inside centre is very special, so not sure if anything would have changed.
An extra 15-20 points think not!

But as I said previously, Joeys will bounce back.

You obviously weren't at last weeks games V Scots. The big Scots backs were looking where to run at. Eveleigh put fear into them early and probably did the biggest tackle i have ever seen. And Reilly was electric in attack, setting up two tries by himself. As i said taking nothing away from a dominant performance by Waverley.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
A "shoe-in"? You have go to be kidding! My opinion, he might make NSW 2s. Frost will be the only CAS player to go anywhere this year. CAS will get, I'm guessing, 5 in NSW School's - I'm not sure who those 5 will be though.

noregrets,

You are kidding, just ask Bolivia and other non Waverley spectators, Finn Wright is a force to be reconed with.

I am guessing that you are a Knox supporter, if you really believe that the CAS will only get 5 in NSW schools, you haven't seen enough games.

I guess you think Knox will beat Joeys by more than Waverley, let's see.

P.S. Good luck!!!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
You obviously weren't at last weeks games V Scots. The big Scots backs were looking where to run at. Eveleigh put fear into them early and probably did the biggest tackle i have ever seen. And Reilly was electric in attack, setting up two tries by himself. As i said taking nothing away from a dominant performance by Waverley.

Fair enough BUT you are underestimating this Waverley backline, and covering backrow defenders (many who also play league-so they can tackle).

Just because it was Scots doesn't mean the same for Waverley,
in fact last year in a 1sts game, big Yassmin ran down the sidieline in the clear and across came a little blonde fellow called Hardaker (roosters league), Yassmin almost smiled at him as if to say...
End result it looked like a Yassmin was shot by a high powered gun, didn't know where his legs went.
So not so sure about the Scots back line, I think the joeys back line is probably better, BUT NOT TODAY!!

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
noregrets,

You are kidding, just ask Bolivia and other non Waverley spectators, Finn Wright is a force to be reconed with.

I am guessing that you are a Knox supporter, if you really believe that the CAS will only get 5 in NSW schools, you haven't seen enough games.

I guess you think Knox will beat Joeys by more than Waverley, let's see.

P.S. Good luck!!!

WLF - WTF? Why would any CAS supporter say that only 5 CAS boys will make it across a NSW squad of 44? London to a brick he's a GPS supporter and a confirmed one eyed one at that. If CAS can carry some of this trial form into the rep match ups v GPS and ISA there will be many more than 5 in the NSW squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.