• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Rogers smith has played around 3 games of union in the last 5 or so years, how is that a lot of rugby. But yes morretti is a better 8.

Murphy is a great player, just questioning his ability to be a genuine 7 as that looks to be the only spot for him next year with morretti at 8 and roger smith at 6

Rogers-smith has a solid grounding in rugby even though he has played a lot of league in recent years. He wont be out of place.

Moretti is an outstanding number 8 so its difficult seeing anyone else filling that position.

A spot will be made for Murphy. He's a standout and a must for the starting line up as long as he's fit.

Working out where to fit these 3 quality players into the team will be a good problem for the coaches to have.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Rugbybloke,

MrTallTimber is having you on, just trying to elicit a Waverley response, and he did!

Truth is Waverley will win it again from Barker, its a very strong waves side.

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
Rugbybloke,

MrTallTimber is having you on, just trying to elicit a Waverley response, and he did!

Truth is Waverley will win it again from Barker, its a very strong waves side.
But is it as strong as the well coached Knox side? Knox is definitely looking to win three in a row. Given my prediction was a bit off (Waverley will be top 3) but I strongly believe Barker will upset the apple cart a little bit.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
MR TT,

Time will tell. I believe the Waverley coaches are better, as witnessed at Death Valley this year.
I also believe our backs will be solid, and our forward pack extremely gifted.
Think this side will beat all comers!

B

Backline_Move

MR TT,

Time will tell. I believe the Waverley coaches are better, as witnessed at Death Valley this year.

Agree about the quality of the coaching.

Matt Williams is a far too focused on winning and not on developing his players, Glassie is one of the best schoolboy coaches going around but needs to stop Williams from taking control.

Speaking to a NSW board member this week, the younger Waverley coach is seen as a future coaching prospect for up higher. He might not be there for much longer, Waverley is lacking some depth in their ranks as well so that would have a big impact on their program.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
BM, fair call about the coaches.

Sometimes a natural beauty comes along,who doesn't come with all the credentials,I think we have 2 great guys as coaches.

It will be a great comp again next year for sure!

Best of luck to ALL the boys and coaches!

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Hi sideline,

I didn't respond to your other rugby questions you asked me for 2 reasons.
1. I am not qualified to answer the broader questions about Aussie rugby,in all honesty.
2. I had Azzuri try and dominate/bully all my comments about attempting to improve school boy rugby, and received comments about how they were getting sick of it.
Then some insults flew, so I withdrew.
No skin off my back, just not going to engage if we all can't talk logically.
Trust we will have a great 2017 season, I will be there!

S

sidelineview

Hi sideline,

I didn't respond to your other rugby questions you asked me for 2 reasons.
1. I am not qualified to answer the broader questions about Aussie rugby,in all honesty.
2. I had Azzuri try and dominate/bully all my comments about attempting to improve school boy rugby, and received comments about how they were getting sick of it.
Then some insults flew, so I withdrew.
No skin off my back, just not going to engage if we all can't talk logically.
Trust we will have a great 2017 season, I will be there!

As the main advocator for the proposed new combined competition format you should be able to reply to my queries in a concise and expansive way. You want everyone to unite but its wishful thinking. It is a divisive subject.

I hope the powers to be do their due diligence regarding any proposed changes.

You've persistently argued this point about rugby needing to reinvent itself, but I feel it's quite a one-dimensional argument.

Anyway, over and out on this topic until a decision is made (or not made).

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
One round comp will definitely be happening in 2017. Confirmed at heads meeting this week.

Will see 1 round of CAS after trial games against predominantly GPS schools for most CAS schools.

Waverley and Knox will be in the draw facing joeys, kings, newington, Riverview and one other.

Other schools will be in a seperate draw with trinity barker and Alos all set to play each other in a trial game during this period. Along with games against Sydney high and similar ranked opposition.

Teams not in the top comp will find it difficult to be selected into CAS or GPS teams, as that selection process will likely still occur at the end of term 2.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
By that reasoning, the CAS rep team will be all Knox/Waves? Seems both unfair and unlikely given the talent in the other teams, and presumably the desire not to disenfranchise those other CAS schools. I'd imagine Scots and Shore would also be less than thrilled. Can't see it happening - I don't mean the comps you posit, but the suggested higher level selection policy.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
By that reasoning, the CAS rep team will be all Knox/Waves? Seems both unfair and unlikely given the talent in the other teams, and presumably the desire not to disenfranchise those other CAS schools. I'd imagine Scots and Shore would also be less than thrilled. Can't see it happening - I don't mean the comps you posit, but the suggested higher level selection policy.

Agree completely about the talent in the different teams. But it's likely going to make an impact on the selection process.

The Medical Joker

Frank Row (1)
MR TT,

I must say I do believe we got lucky, all though it pains me I think Knox was a better side however some poor reffing and an intercept was the difference we looked stronger on the day no doubt but they were a better side in my opinion. Clearly showed as our dominance could only do such little damage

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
CAS 1sts prediction 2017

1. Wright (W)
2. Coghill (B)
3. Cutrone (K)
4. Frost (K)
5. Humphrey (K)
6. Stead (T)
7. Cornish (W) (if his knees hold up)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)
10. Woodcock (K)
11. Myers (K)
12. Stenmark (C)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
15. Pavlakis (K)

MJ are you actually related to Waverley? Your previous posts show otherwise. (In particular not putting moretti in this team, playing Cornish at 7 and putting Humphries in the team from Knox. An unknown second rower unlikely to have been noticed by anyone outside of Knox.)

I disagree that poor refereeing lost Knox the game. Letting their opposition put on 25 points in the matter of 20 minutes did.

On a side note- it appears Knox supporters are still annoyed at the penalty awarded as a result of their driving maul set up. Maybe, if Knox had a plan B they wouldn't still be complaining about a referee spotting their illegal maul set up.

S

sidelineview

MJ are you actually related to Waverley? Your previous posts show otherwise. (In particular not putting moretti in this team, playing Cornish at 7 and putting Humphries in the team from Knox. An unknown second rower unlikely to have been noticed by anyone outside of Knox.)

I disagree that poor refereeing lost Knox the game. Letting their opposition put on 25 points in the matter of 20 minutes did.

On a side note- it appears Knox supporters are still annoyed at the penalty awarded as a result of their driving maul set up. Maybe, if Knox had a plan B they wouldn't still be complaining about a referee spotting their illegal maul set up.

The Medical Joker is a Knox supporter.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
I see that there is an ad for the role of what looks like head of sport at Knox. Is Chuck Ardron moving on?

Status
Not open for further replies.