• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Both games winner will be a result of the team who gains ascendancy in the forwards. I recall a few years back when CAS had both Tyson Davis and Harry Jones, in the backs,both later played Aust U20 and GPS spanked them due to forward dominance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. You cant win without the ball.
There's plenty of speed in the backs.
Good service from the 9 and a smart number 10 always helps and CAS has that.
There'll be some talent on display from both teams but you're right, the forward pack looks very strong.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Look at the CAS pack:

1. Wright- possible Aus schoolboy
2. Johnston - possible Combined states
3. Cutrone - possible NSW 3
4. Moretti - possible NSW backrower
5. Frost - possible Aus schoolboy
6. Reimer - possible NSW schoolboy 2018
7. Stead - NSW schoolboy 2016
8. Cornish - possible NSW backrower

The entire pack wouldn't be out of place in a NSW lineup- that means positive things for the game tomorrow.

The only issue may be their lineout which looks to have only 1 jumper.. luckily that jumper is 2 metres tall!

Some of above possibles are more like probables IMO. But i think it would be remiss to not acknowledge that in GPS 1sts forwards are 2 actual (from 2016) NSW reps. And 2 actual combined states forwards in GPS seconds.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Some of above possibles are more like probables IMO. But i think it would be remiss to not acknowledge that in GPS 1sts forwards are 2 actual (from 2016) NSW reps. And 2 actual combined states forwards in GPS seconds.

They will be strong definitely. Hopefully it just makes for a more interesting contest. I'm still thinking GPS will run away with it in the end. They are so classy with the ball in hand and that will shine through as the game goes on. Reserves will be key for the firsts on both sides.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
They will be strong definitely. Hopefully it just makes for a more interesting contest. I'm still thinking GPS will run away with it in the end. They are so classy with the ball in hand and that will shine through as the game goes on. Reserves will be key for the firsts on both sides.

It seems there's a healthy respect for each side (because I have CAS as favourites) and so there should be. Will make for an awesome NSW (I and II) forward pack, particularly when you consider the talent also at ISA, CHS etc.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Look at the CAS pack:

1. Wright- possible Aus schoolboy
2. Johnston - possible Combined states
3. Cutrone - possible NSW 3
4. Moretti - possible NSW backrower
5. Frost - possible Aus schoolboy
6. Reimer - possible NSW schoolboy 2018
7. Stead - NSW schoolboy 2016
8. Cornish - possible NSW backrower

The entire pack wouldn't be out of place in a NSW lineup- that means positive things for the game tomorrow.

The only issue may be their lineout which looks to have only 1 jumper.. luckily that jumper is 2 metres tall!

Agreed they look a strong pack. And FWIW, Moretti did a pretty good job in the line out for CAS U16s last year. Apart from the battle for forwards dominance, the defence of the outside backs will be key to CAS success as GPS are strong and fast out wide. CAS by 2!

S

sidelineview

Agreed they look a strong pack. And FWIW, Moretti did a pretty good job in the line out for CAS U16s last year. Apart from the battle for forwards dominance, the defence of the outside backs will be key to CAS success as GPS are strong and fast out wide. CAS by 2!

I think you're right with this CnP: defence will be the key, especially as you say in the outside backs.

There's no defensive weaknesses in the forwards or inside backs.

Wing and outside centre are the hardest positions to defend from.
Positional play isnt easy, especially if the other team gets a roll on, but if Hollingworth-Dessent, Lloyd and Illias can get it right the boys are in with a big chance.

The fullback Pavlakis looks to have the speed to cover ground quickly in defence and the between Stead, Reimer, Moretti and Cornish the scrambling and cover defence will be strong.

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
2nds 19-14 to CAS at the half. CAS had most of the running with the GPS tries coming from a 75m intercept and long kick.
CAS should have scored at least one more

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
CAS are dominating the forwards..gps backs have scored a intercept try and another against run of play both from deep in own half

Status
Not open for further replies.