• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

dean young

Frank Row (1)
Cranbrook vs St Pats this weekend should be a good game. Cranbrook coming off a comfortable win against Pius but is yet to show full potential. Seeing as Pats beat trinity, this should be a good test to see where Cranbrook stands in the CAS.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Was looking for the Joeys a's scores vs Oakhill a's not Barker.
My mistake. I don’t have the exact scores, however; last yrs 13’s was close, Joeys by a try. Last years 14’s Joeys won easily +25, 15’s was close but I think Oakhill got away with it and I think Joeys won the 16’s.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Has Oakhill brought in a Director of Rugby or something or is the sport in the hands of teachers? Whoever is running the show has done a cracking job the last few years.

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
B7861BA0-D776-4C54-B326-50D94DDA3905.jpeg

Combined independent schools rugby league camp squad has been picked with quite a few cas boys being selected. I’ve heard for the second year in a row Isaiya Katoa (Barker), Dane Towns (Waverley) and Nosa Obaseki (Cranbrook) have been selected, well done them.

RugbyRant

Frank Row (1)
Cranbrook vs St Pats this weekend should be a good game. Cranbrook coming off a comfortable win against Pius but is yet to show full potential. Seeing as Pats beat trinity, this should be a good test to see where Cranbrook stands in the CAS.
Hey Dean, any chance you have an idea how the Brook lining up for this week?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Some familiar names announced in this under 20s side… including Archie Saunders who is still in year 12 at Knox…
looks like Nathan Grey only looks over his back fence for troops.

Would rather pull schoolboys out of Sydney than Prem Grade players out of Qld - Go figure.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

View attachment 13459
Combined independent schools rugby league camp squad has been picked with quite a few cas boys being selected. I’ve heard for the second year in a row Isaiya Katoa (Barker), Dane Towns (Waverley) and Nosa Obaseki (Cranbrook) have been selected, well done them.
I thought this was a Rugby Union website / forum. How did you mungoes get in?

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Has Oakhill brought in a Director of Rugby or something or is the sport in the hands of teachers? Whoever is running the show has done a cracking job the last few years.
Nothing has changed Homer trust me. I think the biggest difference has been the amount of boys that have played SJRU club football in higher divisions. Nothing to do with the school program

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Nothing has changed Homer trust me. I think the biggest difference has been the amount of boys that have played SJRU club football in higher divisions. Nothing to do with the school program
Yep H, that is the recipe that works, our school, Waves have many boys who play/have played for Randwick Junior Club sides each Sunday for years. It's that playing together, combination forming, and extra game playing that makes a huge difference come school games.

dean young

Frank Row (1)
Hey Dean, any chance you have an idea how the Brook lining up for this week?
Cranbrook with a couple of players out for this weekend. Their number 7 is out due to injury and also the fly-half is suspended for this week's matchup after getting a red card against pius. On another note, promising year 11 player Dylan Roach has been called up to the wing to make his long-awaited debut.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Waverley/Shore will be interesting: Shore's on the rise at last, while Waverley seems to be struggling to put it together. Elsewhere, we'll get a sense of how strong Barker is when they take on Joeys, I'm backing Knox to edge out Oakhill, Cranbrook will be too strong for St Pats, Trinity should beat Pius (or else it's a long season ahead) and St Aloysius and Grammar should be pretty evenly matched.

Right Shoulder

Frank Row (1)
Waverly had a tough outing against kings, will be interesting to see how they finish up this weekend. Will give a decent insight into their season ahead I think.

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Waverly had a tough outing against kings, will be interesting to see how they finish up this weekend. Will give a decent insight into their season ahead I think.
Very tough game for Waverley with kings being in control from start to finish ended up being quite low scoring 15-0 to Kings. As well as losing to Riverview last week sadly, could be a bit of a tough year for the College of Knowledge.