• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Some thoughts on this week's games. The last round for the season, and for some of the players their last game of Rugby. Good luck to them as they head off into the wild wide world!

Initial feelings are that my head says the home teams while the heart wished for something else. The weather looks good, so the fields should allow for some good open games.

Cranbrook hosts St Aloysius and should win comfortably to show off the refurbished oval. Cranbrook has been a bit of a surprise packet this year and are a well balanced side who can threaten and play an attractive style. It hasn't been the best year for Aloys, but they are tenacious and are willing to throw the ball about. They have a couple of good players, but this year they are missing some size and perhaps one or two more great players. Hopefully we won't see the one sided affair as last week. It will be a willing game and should be a pleasing spectacle.

Waverley should be too strong for Trinity at Queens Park. I think both sides have lacked some cohesion this year that have let them down. Waverley, being Waverley, will always threaten: their backs will probably put on a bit of a show against Trinity. When they are good Trinity can match it with the best, but they seem to fall away at times. It isn't due to lack of effort or spirit, but they are missing something intangible. Though some points will be scored I don't think it will be a blow out.

At Waitara I favor Barker to beat their neighbours. It seems that it is shaping up for a big spectacle at Barker when they host Knox with a large crowd in what may be one of the largest Covid spreader events since the Ruby Princess. This should be a fascinating game with two powerful sides. Over the whole Rugby season Barker seems to have had the better results and they are always strong at home. With the strong crowd support seemingly infectious across players, spectators, caterers and officialdom. I think Barker might aim for a 10 man game, as they might have the stronger forwards and their skillful and classy 5/8 can direct traffic. Knox might have the edge in the backs with some players who know how to score tries. It should be a great game. Though that said it might be a nail biter or a seemingly surprisingly easy victory to one side.

I think all three games should offer something and there are probably worse things to do on a glorious August Sydney afternoon.

Lachie Goon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any team lists for the weekend?
St Aloysius 1st XV
1. Ponsonby
2. Duncan
3. Morson
4. Smith
5. Knight
6. Gonzalez
7. E.Parker
8. K.Parker
9. Barrow
10. Lah
11. Williams
12. Barnes
13. Okane
14. Cherry-Evans
15. Katoa
a lot of outs this week due to incoming trials, as well as a clash with a crucial volleyball training. reinforcements from the lower grades such as Katoa and Cherry-Evans should help to strengthen the side significantly, while the parker brothers link up in the pack for the first time

notreleasing

Frank Row (1)
St Aloysius 1st XV
1. Ponsonby
2. Duncan
3. Morson
4. Smith
5. Knight
6. Gonzalez
7. E.Parker
8. K.Parker
9. Barrow
10. Lah
11. Williams
12. Barnes
13. Okane
14. Cherry-Evans
15. Katoa
a lot of outs this week due to incoming trials, as well as a clash with a crucial volleyball training. reinforcements from the lower grades such as Katoa and Cherry-Evans should help to strengthen the side significantly, while the parker brothers link up in the pack for the first time
tough for the 9 wood, i think he has a good future. barrow must be some player

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bit of Radio silence from Snort this week regarding Trinity Vs Waves. Any tips?
Ah, Waverley too good, is the tip.

Trinity will be OK. They had their chances against Cranbrook, but made too many unforced errors and aren't always good at converting their chances into points. I suspect a reasonably close first half with Waverley running away with the back end of the game.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Anyone have any idea how to stream the Barker vs Knox game, will it be on cluch? Bummed I can't make it to the game itself, atmosphere would be extraordinary.

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
Great day of footy ahead my predictions:

Trinity vs Waves - Waves 15+

Cranbrook vs Aloys - Brook 40+

Barker vs Knox - Barker 7+

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Good luck to all teams today.

But there really is only 1 game in town.

It is rare when you have 2 unbeaten teams play each other to decide the Henry Plume Shield.
That privilege was taken away from both Barker and the Waves last year, and it stung.

HAPPILY today Barker and Knox will experience the ultimate in lifetime opportunities, one they will never forget!

The crowd will be enormous and the weather is terrific. It is also a local derby which adds to the spice.
The old boy groups should be huge, and you would think the surrounding establishments will think its Xmas.

This is what schoolboy footy is all about!

May the best side on the day win.

WLF

Tank

Frank Row (1)
20220806_135832.jpg

Tank

Frank Row (1)
Knox 19 Barker 14 in the 16As.

A very entertaining game. I believe that has Knox as undefeated for the season.

AOB

Frank Row (1)
From Bellevue Hill. The new oval is looking great. 3rds - Cranbrook 41-0
2nds - Cranbrook up 31-0, 20 to go