• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

workingdasnipe

Peter Burge (5)
Whos everyone's player to watch this year? Although not having a great season as a team, Kellen parker (7) from St. Aloysius really stood out for me. Believe he was the leading try-scorer and has quite a large frame with the ball skills of a flyhalf, he is definitely a player I could see making a start in the CAS 1s or 2s. Let me know your thoughts
WDS

Stag Stalwart

Bob McCowan (2)
Whos everyone's player to watch this year? Although not having a great season as a team, Kellen parker (7) from St. Aloysius really stood out for me. Believe he was the leading try-scorer and has quite a large frame with the ball skills of a flyhalf, he is definitely a player I could see making a start in the CAS 1s or 2s. Let me know your thoughts
WDS
Haven't heard of him before. Has he been in any of the representative sides before?

Stag Stalwart

Bob McCowan (2)
Saw this posted on the GPS forum and thought it would be good here aswell.

As the season nears, I have a few questions to ask (if you are a reliable source).

1). If there are ANY new boys who have joined the school you support that may either make 1s or 2s. What are their names and positions?

2). Does anyone have ANY updated team predictions for your favoured school's 1st XV?

3). Any players to look out for and why when their school is playing? (3 or 4 players would be ideal)

4). How your favoured schools pre season is going (if they have started).

Just wanting to hear your opinions and information for the exciting season to come.
Thought I would repost this just to see if anyone here had any thoughts by now?

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Thought I would repost this just to see if anyone here had any thoughts by now?
Player to watch for barker is Poynton. Having the experience playing last year, has been training at 10 for barker and also been playing Harold Matthews cup for South Sydney which will help keep him ready for round 1.

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great to hear from the Waverley camp that Ruben Stock has just broken all the records in the gym with a 150kg bench press for 3 reps. A 250kg squat for 3 reps and ran a 4:04 bronco, as well as running a 4 second 40m sprint. Expecting big things from the man mountain.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Predicted Waverley lineup with team they played in last year.

1. Pule (1st XV)
2. Dowling (1st XV)
3. Tangi (1sts/16a’s)
4. Poitaha (1st XV until injured)
5. Te Rata (1st XV but injured)
6. Tofaeono (2nd XV)
7. Aboud (16a’s)
8. Tofaeono (1st XV)
9. Stanfield (2nd XV)
10. Harris (1st XV)
11. Lyons (injured)
12. Patea (16a’s)
13. Capper (16a’s)
14. Fidel (1st XV)
15. Turinui (2nd XV)

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predicted Waverley lineup with team they played in last year.

1. Pule (1st XV)
2. Dowling (1st XV)
3. Tangi (1sts/16a’s)
4. Poitaha (1st XV until injured)
5. Te Rata (1st XV but injured)
6. Tofaeono (2nd XV)
7. Aboud (16a’s)
8. Tofaeono (1st XV)
9. Stanfield (2nd XV)
10. Harris (1st XV)
11. Lyons (injured)
12. Patea (16a’s)
13. Capper (16a’s)
14. Fidel (1st XV)
15. Turinui (2nd XV)
What are your sources for this team exactly. Seems like a strong team, but I don't believe Tofaeno is a flanker more of a centre, I believe Turinui will be on the wing, Ruben Stock has to be in that team somewhere.

ap1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ignoring the Opens (and people playing with dispensations), how do your schools structure their “age groups”. Do they play in their school year group or do they play in their birth year age group? Eg. Are the u15 teams all year 10 boys or year 9 and 10 who were born in 2008?

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Ignoring the Opens (and people playing with dispensations), how do your schools structure their “age groups”. Do they play in their school year group or do they play in their birth year age group? Eg. Are the u15 teams all year 10 boys or year 9 and 10 who were born in 2008?

Schools have to abide by CAS by laws.

The only team that has bent this rule is Barker with Josh Nercessian in 2018.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
How does trinity shape up this year? We've seen predicted lineups for barker, Knox and waves but no comments on the trinity. Their side last year showed great promise and the scoreboard didn't seem to reflect the skill of the players. Will there be a number of boys returning from last year's side?

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
Knox plays school year group from 7-10

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Chatting with friends from Joeys and Oakhill on the weekend and they go by birth year rather than school year.
Oakhill you can choose age or School year mate if you're younger. My son was a year younger than most in his year but always played in his school year group. Most boys do this and only a few choose to go with age group if younger