• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

GAURIIIIIIII

Frank Row (1)
Cranbrook 16a's have a few prospects, such as Cranbrook 16a's number (9) Tom Marchant, great ball runner and has a great passing range too with accuracy. Will be exciting to see what he delivers. Especially since Cranbrook should be a strong side this year.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Waverley have an u19’s player this year. That’s good news. I didn’t realise exemptions were provided for older players. I will update my team list to include him.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Predicted Waverley lineup with team they played in last year.

1. Pule (1st XV)
2. Dowling (1st XV)
3. Tangi (1sts/16a’s)
4. Poitaha (1st XV until injured)
5. Te Rata (1st XV but injured)
6. Tofaeono (2nd XV)
7. Aboud (16a’s)
8. Tofaeono (1st XV)
9. Stanfield (2nd XV)
10. Harris (1st XV)
11. Lyons (injured)
12. Patea (16a’s)
13. Capper (16a’s)
14. Fidel (1st XV)
15. Turinui (2nd XV)
Tino Jahnke Tavana on a wing.

Running_rugby_1954

Alex Ross (28)
I am confused as to how this means Barker broke a rule

Dispensation is required

The following criteria must be met before a student can progress to assessment:

• The date at which they turn 19 must be after the last round of the competition (in 2018 that is after August 11th). Born 25th Dec 1999.
  • The student must have been enrolled at the school for the February Census date for year 10 of their cohort (for 2018 they must have been at the school in year 10 in 2016) enrolled at Green Point CC in 2016 for year 10.
  • The player must be below the height and weight guidelines set by RA. The current guidelines are H190.73cm W101.89kg
  • The player cannot have played 1sts and 2nds for the previous 2 years played first XV in 2016 and 17.
  • The player will only be allowed to play 3rds or below. Played first XV

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Dispensation is required

The following criteria must be met before a student can progress to assessment:

• The date at which they turn 19 must be after the last round of the competition (in 2018 that is after August 11th). Born 25th Dec 1999.
  • The student must have been enrolled at the school for the February Census date for year 10 of their cohort (for 2018 they must have been at the school in year 10 in 2016) enrolled at Green Point CC in 2016 for year 10.
  • The player must be below the height and weight guidelines set by Rugby Australia. The current guidelines are H190.73cm W101.89kg
  • The player cannot have played 1sts and 2nds for the previous 2 years played first XV in 2016 and 17.
  • The player will only be allowed to play 3rds or below. Played first XV
Wow. That’s crazy.

So he played in the team?

Premiership should be Waverley’s then if they cheated. Unless Tino can play this year this is a bit of a joke.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Excited to see redordead’s thoughts on this one.
But I imagine he will say no.

One rule for Barker, one for everyone else.

Age dispensation.
Concussion Laws
Blue Cards
Coach microphones

All these rules and more have been abused and broken in the last few years by Barker and there has been no change or punishment.

The Ned Slack-Smith blue card scenario was incredibly stupid grow up.

The coach giving his players ear-pieces didn't happen you absolute sheep.

And no. I do not care if "Tino" plays. Kings have done it for years. Colts have kids from 16-20 playing against each-other. In fact I hope he does play. Maybe the Waverley boys will finally stop crying about the Narcessian scenario.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Chatting with friends from Joeys and Oakhill on the weekend and they go by birth year rather than school year.
Joeys will allow and or recommend very exceptional players to play up an age group if that is the best thing for their development. Generally that only happens at the 16’s to opens juncture but occasionally in younger years as well.

GAURIIIIIIII

Frank Row (1)
Bit out of context but another noticeable difference I saw last year was Tom Girle (5), Cranbrook 2nd row, Before injury we saw many line breaks and was shaping to be a part of the CAS 2s team whilst being a year younger. Post injury he was a bit more cautious. So it will be very exciting to see what he can bring as he should be match fit. Him playing alongside Cranbrook's promising forward pack should be a very scary sight.

RugbyBot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Then Knox gets the good youngsters to repeat year 10 to bolster the lower age group. There are at least 2 examples of that in the 16’s this year.
They don't repeat year 10. The boys who were playing up an age group to play with their school year drop back down to U16s at year 11 unless they are going to play 1sts. So Knox U16s is usually a deeper age group as the younger year 11s fill out the year 10s.