• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
These arguments don’t really work for the Barker efforts - most of these kids attend a different private school with the same opportunities.

And Katoa would not have had a chance at “playing at that elite level pathway to become an incredible player” without Barker?

I don’t think so.

Buddy... You are comparing country schools with nowhere near the same academic programs, facilities etc. to one of the best schools in the state... I'm sure these kids parents were very happy that their kids were granted the opportunity to attend such a school...

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Buddy... You are comparing country schools with nowhere near the same academic programs, facilities etc. to one of the best schools in the state... I'm sure these kids parents were very happy that their kids were granted the opportunity to attend such a school...
Don’t be too arrogant there. Your Barker colours are showing.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Hooper was selected in gen blue as a year young

Phillipson was a year 9 first XV player.

Katoa was earmarked from year 6 as the next big thing in rugby league.

They were already great when they got there - that’s why they went there.

Yep. And they were given the opportunity to improve. Which they did.

Don't act like great rugby programs make talent... they take talented kids and make them great rugby players.. very very few people have the ability to become elite rugby players. The likes of Joeys and some other schools, who have previously established themselves as great rugby schools are fortunate enough that they organically receive rugby talent... Barker is simply having to acquire talent in a different way. They are still a great rugby program that is able to produce great rugby players, as well as take great rugby players and help them refine their skills. The fact that Barker now had 14 boys who made a NSW team over the past 2 years, (as Ekenyake was elevated to Gen Blue after the Nudgee game) proves this. Meaning that, when completely healthy, there is only ONE player in that Barker 1st XV who isn't a NSW representative... Eventually, at this rate, Barker will establish itself as an elite rugby school and will organically bring in ample talent.

You are achieving nothing with this rant. The fact of the matter is you just look bitter.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Also to highlight the entire competition changes when Billy Pollard and Luke Reiner turned up to Barker. Without that staring point as many posters have said, the CAS wouldn’t be in this arms race.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Also to highlight the entire competition changes when Billy Pollard and Luke Reiner turned up to Barker. Without that staring point as many posters have said, the CAS wouldn’t be in this arms race.

Not complaining about the arms race. It's great for CAS rugby. Also pretty sure the Sydney Waverley Roosters came before Reimer. Not that I have an issue with what Waverely do with their money. Good on those kids talented and fortunate enough to receive such an opportunity.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Good scouting. Picked up kids already in the system. Well done.

Helps that you also have a coach that only pushes his kid coaching gen blue.

Like the Poynton CAS selection debacle.

Yep. 14 scholarships. Sure.

This is a monumental sized tantrum.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Eventually, at this rate, Barker will establish itself as an elite rugby school and will organically bring in ample talent.
Elite rugby school?

That would mean that teams other than your firsts would need to win a game.

How many games did the rest of the teams in your school win? I can count them on one hand if you like.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Elite rugby school?

That would mean that teams other than your firsts would need to win a game.

How many games did the rest of the teams in your school win? I can count them on one hand if you like.

download.jpg

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Is that the face Barker kids make when they have to play a ‘a’ team from another school in 13’s to 16’s?

Or when a kid enrolled for 7 years misses out in a firsts spot to a new year 11 boarding scholarship?

Seems like your tantrum has prevented you from registering what I am saying... Talent is not created by a school, it is received by a school and then nurtured... Barker does not receive the talent of the GPS schools or Knox or Waverley, but a successful 1st XV team will make parents want to send their kids to the school for rugby... They will then receive said talent and have a deep rugby program... It is a process that has just begun.

And as I said... if you miss out then you're not good enough. Get better.

Keep throwing your tantrum though, it's not like you like bitter and silly.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Would be interesting to get some input from Kinross and Stannies here…

They are some pretty great schools being thrown under the bus by the Barker faithful.