• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Presumably their wouldn't be many at that level (Gen Blue U16) who didn't play Harold Matthews??

I am not close to it, but quickly looking at the Souths team and I could see a few other names from the Gen Blue U16 team (Tovio, Le Maitre).

Not sure if it is 100% true, but someone mentioned to me that in one of the Gen Blue games last year, that the entire NSW backline that was on the field at the time all also played league.
There’s almost no high level juniors who aren’t playing both codes.

ap1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything more from their respective school's re the CAS competition structure this year?

Wondering is it was going to be:

a. 1 round CAS comp with 6 or so invitationals preceding??
b. 2 round CAS comp with 1 or 2 invitationals preceding??
c. Combined divisional ISA and CAS comp??

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
Yeah it’s A… 2 gps, a few isa and then 1 round of CAS…. So 10 games in total (plus a trial in the last week of Easter holidays)

Last edited:

RugbyTID

Bob McCowan (2)
Hello just wondering if any ones got any predictions on the Waverley College 1st XV this year, I haven't seen anything about them yet. Also any updated ladder predictions?

JackJill

Chris McKivat (8)
Hello just wondering if any ones got any predictions on the Waverley College 1st XV this year, I haven't seen anything about them yet. Also any updated ladder predictions?
They have plenty of year 11 talent in Poitaha, Aboud, Patea, Capper. Not sure about the graduating group although. I'm predicting they'll be strong.

RugbyTID

Bob McCowan (2)
They have plenty of year 11 talent in Poitaha, Aboud, Patea, Capper. Not sure about the graduating group although. I'm predicting they'll be strong.
Yeah heard they are quite good, the graduating year seemed to have some good players in the u16's but never know how they are now.

Mule

Stan Wickham (3)
changed to Joeys, Shore, St Augustine's, Oakhill & St Pats then CAS (Trinity, then Aloys, Waverley, Cranbrook and Barker [last round at home!!])

RugbyTID

Bob McCowan (2)
A lot of familiar names.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.31.15 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.31.15 pm.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 180
  • Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.31.22 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.31.22 pm.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 169

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Kox 31- Auggies 10 in the final of the Warringah Sevens. Unfortunately most school teams pulled out at the last minute for some reason so Knox and St Augs put in two teams each.

RugbyBot

Stan Wickham (3)
Kox 31- Auggies 10 in the final of the Warringah Sevens. Unfortunately most school teams pulled out at the last minute for some reason so Knox and St Augs put in two teams each.
Shame as it looked like a great day out. Crowd into it

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
My predicted Waverley team for 2023
1. Peter Fragias
2. Marcus Kastrissios
3. Ky Pule
4. Archie Mcinally
5. Harry Makatoa
6. Ollie Aboud
7. Ethan Halatokoua
8. Ruben Stock (c)
9. Connor Andrews
10. Will Mood/Toby Neilsen
11. Jacob Hassan/Sam Johnson
12. Jonti Morsehead-Fidel
13. Hugo Kulscar
14. Declan Minto
15. Kahu Capper

Bit of a rough copy but let me know if there's anyone I didn't mention.

Stag Stalwart

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Peter Fragias
2. Marcus Kastrissios
3. Ky Pule
4. Archie Mcinally
5. Harry Makatoa
6. Ollie Aboud
7. Ethan Halatokoua
8. Ruben Stock (c)
9. Connor Andrews
13. Hugo Kulscar
14. Declan Minto
15. Kahu Capper

If im not mistaken I believe Ethan Halatokoua finished last year and Declan Minto I know has gone to Joeys this year. Also thing Troy Patea would be in there for the 10 position and Zion Potaiha at 2nd row.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
If im not mistaken I believe Ethan Halatokoua finished last year and Declan Minto I know has gone to Joeys this year. Also thing Troy Patea would be in there for the 10 position and Zion Potaiha at 2nd row.
Stag, You are correct and whilst some of these names will be in the team, it is not even close to the final team.
As usual the trials will play an important role as there are often a few bolters.

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Oh yes my apologies. But the two that the mention I dont believe they've got it over the people already there as I believe theyre still too young.

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Stag, You are correct and whilst some of these names will be in the team, it is not even close to the final team.
As usual the trials will play an important role as there are often a few bolters.
Yes of course, I was just providing a rough copy, but I still do believe this will be very close to a round 1 team.
Do you have any predictions WLF3?

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
1. Peter Fragias
2. Marcus Kastrissios
3. Ky Pule
4. Archie Mcinally
5. Harry Makatoa
6. Ollie Aboud
7. Ethan Halatokoua
8. Ruben Stock (c)
9. Connor Andrews
13. Hugo Kulscar
14. Declan Minto
15. Kahu Capper

Stock is a front rower? Mcinally CAS u16’s prop so more likely there.

Hooker/Halfback are an issue for Waverley by the looks of it.