• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

William McIlrath

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi Woodville,

Re your Aloys vs Stannies comments, I've heard huge things pending from Aloys and would love to see them get a couple more wins going into CAS. My prediction is a tight game with Aloys coming through the winner at the end.

I also agree with your comments about Knox.

Best of luck to all the CAS boys.

- Doggies.
Greetings Doggies,

What gives?

I would love to see Aloys garner some more wins but what makes you believe this will be the reality given the past results?

My question is what has fundamentally changed inside the Aloys camp that would suggest a new narrative.

Sincerely yours,
Woodville Ave Enthusiast

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Not really, we are talking about a team made up of Rugby League players compared to a team that won 50-0 against another GPS B's side last week.
Similar thing is happening in other age groups as well. View 16Cs are playing Waverly Bs.

13s and 15s seem to have a 3 way trial.

I have no idea if Gregs have a good team or not. Maybe they are more competitive than we are giving just a team of league players credit. (Something people use to say about Waverly)

Fixtures are hard to put together and would be even worse if they have to analyse every team. Unfortunately there are uneven match ups every weekend. There is in every Rugby competition in the country

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hey Fanatic, I get it. Let's hope Cranbrook sort that out. Maybe Auggies defence was/is very good.

Any idea who Cranbrook play on 27 May in the last trial - CAS website still has Auggies listed, but obviously that's no longer the case.
Hi Walshy81,

I believe Cranbrook play Auggies again on their own turf, as previously they were meant to play Kings in the 1st trial one.

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
I find it thought provoking how close you propose the barker vs New game- this will be fascinating.

With regards Knox I feel an obliteration coming on.

Aloys vs Stannies is 50/50 I reckon, can I get some thoughts from everyone else on this matchup?
I think both sides are very strong this year and it will be very interesting to see how this plays out. As New had a strong 16as last year, and now Barker have lost some key players who have graduated. I still think Barker will win, but it will be a great game.

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes your right as long as they can start building from the ground up there should only be improvement. Going to be a test to see how the young ones hold up this week
I hear they may be moving last weeks winger to halfback in order to move down the halfback and fullback down to the 2nds. Allowing for the 2nds fullback to come up and 16a's winger

ap1

Allen Oxlade (6)
I find it thought provoking how close you propose the barker vs New game- this will be fascinating.

With regards Knox I feel an obliteration coming on.

Aloys vs Stannies is 50/50 I reckon, can I get some thoughts from everyone else on this matchup?
Last year Stannies had strong wins in the 1sts, 2nds and 16As, so suspect the bookies would have Stannies as favourites for this weekend.

Tim Horan

Bob McCowan (2)
I hear they may be moving last weeks winger to halfback in order to move down the halfback and fullback down to the 2nds. Allowing for the 2nds fullback to come up and 16a's winger
Rubbish, why would they ever move a speedy winger to halfback? And what other fullback would replace the 1XV one?

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Rubbish, why would they ever move a speedy winger to halfback? And what other fullback would replace the 1XV one?
The speedy winger you talk about, use to play halfback, this is his first year playing wing. The fullback on the other hand could be replaced by just about anyone, I hear they are thinking of moving up the 2nds fullbacks, as I had previously stated.

baked beans

Stan Wickham (3)
waverley college currently missing 7 starters and game changing players in jonas dowling first 15 captain zion poitaha rugby au u16 ollie aboud u16 rugby au noah tofaeno 3rd year first 15 caleb sinclair harris second year 1st 15 jonte mf 3rd year 1st xv and tino tavana 3rd year 1stxv