• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

RUCKS R US

Frank Nicholson (4)
Seems you have Oakhill to have a field day!?
With Trinity loosing both St Gregory's and Kinross matchups they are looking very out of form. I would love these boys to get a win over the Oakhill boys, hopefully giving me some confidence that CAS will be close this year but I simply don't see it happening. So yes, should be a field day for Oakhill.

Thatguy7

Frank Row (1)
Personally, I don't see the recent hype behind Cranbrook; quite a poor performance against Stannies first half (although I've heard whispers that the country ref was Stannies sixteenth man) and a very tight win against St Pats; Brook needs to step it up if they want a win this Friday. Will be a brilliant atmosphere at Easts club nonetheless.
I agree, Cranbrook has been playing poorly and will need to step up their game. But I do believe they can pull through and take home the win on eastern suburbs turf.

gooseylover101

Bob McCowan (2)
If we’re being honest, Waverley don’t touch Knox and Barker this season. Their goon squad lineup won’t do anything to the boys in the North. I think they take the cake for the Ugliest lineup in the CAS.
Question SO,

What is their starting lineup?

What are their floors?

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
Predictions:

Barker vs Stannies: Barker 40+
Cranbrook vs Auggies: Cranbrook 5+
Waverley vs St Gregs: Waverley 15+
Knox vs St Pats: Knox 25+
Trinity vs Oakhill: Oakhill 15+
Aloys vs Kinross: Kinross 10+

Excited for the last round of trials, good luck to all the CAS teams ahead of a much anticipated season.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tips for this week:

Barker vs Stannies: Barker +30
Cranbrook vs Auggies: Cranbrook +3
Waverley vs Gregs: Waverley +20
Knox vs Pats: Knox +20
Trinity vs Oakhill: Oakhill +10
Aloys vs Kinross: Kinross +14

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Since this trial season has involved many CAS vs ISA matchups due to the return of the AAGPS home and away round schedule, what are everyone's thoughts on a combined or 2 tier competition? Personally, I see it as a great opportunity to help schools' rugby programs flourish as they verse schools with similar depth and strength.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Since this trial season has involved many CAS vs ISA matchups due to the return of the AAGPS home and away round schedule, what are everyone's thoughts on a combined or 2 tier competition? Personally, I see it as a great opportunity to help schools' rugby programs flourish as they verse schools with similar depth and strength.

A good idea in theory. But it only works for 1st XV teams. It doesn’t help make good match ups across the board eg in CAS Barker would be considered one of the stronger CAS schools in first grade, but they have the same amount of teams across the board as St Aloysius. So all the other teams that Knox/Waverley have to end up playing all over sydney in the Barker fixture.

As you mention this is about school rugby programs as a whole. But if you were focused on just focused on the first XV comp, it sounds like a positive step. But it can’t just be about that level of rugby for whole school approaches to rugby programs.

Ziggy

Allen Oxlade (6)
A good idea in theory. But it only works for 1st XV teams. It doesn’t help make good match ups across the board eg in CAS Barker would be considered one of the stronger CAS schools in first grade, but they have the same amount of teams across the board as St Aloysius. So all the other teams that Knox/Waverley have to end up playing all over sydney in the Barker fixture.

As you mention this is about school rugby programs as a whole. But if you were focused on just focused on the first XV comp, it sounds like a positive step. But it can’t just be about that level of rugby for whole school approaches to rugby programs.
Would the answer to that be for it to be an opens based comp and if some teams have to play each other more than once in the lower grades then so be it?

When my son played Prep 1sts the competition was run by IPSHA and they ended up playing 10 matches with schools from CAS, GPS and ISA.
Totally separate, as a lead up to the season they played the TAS tournament up at Armidale.

Perhaps a similar model can be run just for opens in a ranking system which is predetermined in a TAS like tournament?

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
2BA375C3-9948-4FE7-81A0-9D87A1144E90.jpeg

rugbyGandG

Bob McCowan (2)
New information that Cranbrook number 8 Noah Jackson will not be playing this Friday at Easts due to a shattered finger. Apparently he was devastated..

Although, Kaleb Ah-Colt (3) and Jaxson Allen (10) are back this week.

Very excited for this weeks contests.

RG&G

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Yeh I would be all for this idea, but i imagine this is logistically very unlikely due to the rich history of our great CAS comp.

Last edited:

JohnEalesFanAccount

Frank Row (1)
Tips for this week:

Barker vs Stannies: Barker 20+
Cranbrook vs Auggies: Cranbrook 15+
Waverley vs St Gregs: St Gregs 5+
Knox vs St Pats: Knox 20+
Trinity vs Oakhill: Trinity 10+
Aloys vs Kinross: Aloys 5+

I anticipate a thrilling round of the game they play in heaven!