• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Rebels 14:35 18/03

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I think it's a pretty big gamble resting players they are, but guessing it's a plan, (and I not sure DMac is part of AB rest policy as he never played last year), and has to do also with giving a few a break before the next few weeks games too as they away to Tahs nest week (Tahs a team most in NZ expected biggish things from this year) and Blues week after. so may be about that too. I still like team, Ratima is a sharp young halfback, Gatland isn't a bad 10 (with Ioane on bench) and Ah Khuoi and Selby-Rickett are a couple of locks that can cut it at this level even if a bit os a step down from Retallick and Vai'i (and Lord who is injured anyway). Got the makings of a good match, as I rated the Rebels game last week pretty highly.
For mine the Rebels should win, I am not interested in any excuses from them post game.

They should have won the last outing at AAMI park. The Rebels are arguably a stronger line up now the Chiefs aren’t going in as strong for mine with the players rested.

Still not happy about the Matt Phillip no try when he clearly grounded the ball over the line. Why they refused to have a look upstairs is beyond me to this day

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
For mine the Rebels should win, I am not interested in any excuses from them post game.

They should have won the last outing at AAMI park. The Rebels are arguably a stronger line up now the Chiefs aren’t going in as strong for mine with the players rested.

Still not happy about the Matt Phillip no try when he clearly grounded the ball over the line. Why they refused to have a look upstairs is beyond me to this day
Mate love your attitude, proper supporter in my opinion.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)

Some strange decisions that’s day. Pretty sure it was the same match Pone got penalized and yellow carded for a perfectly legal tackle where he absolutely mutilated someone, the Chiefs player lashed out and nothing happened. There was also a strange decision given in one of the chiefs try’s. Potentially the worse performance from a ref all season. Didn’t think it was deliberate from the ref (I don’t believe that happens in the professional level) but emphasized my belief that teams with lesser reputations have to battle preconceived beliefs on the day and not just the opposition. It’s why it’s harder to pick yourself up from the bottom half of the table than it is to fall from the top because you aren’t just battling the opposite players, you’re battling the notion from officials that your team is more likely to be committing fouls and not as accurate to generate positive play, leading to a higher level of scrutiny that isn’t equally applied.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Really looking forward to this match. The rebels have a pretty good bench. predicting an upset

1679110892966.png

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Good start by the Rebels. Leading 8-0 after 12 minutes. Hopefully the Rebels can keep it up.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Rebels playing pretty well. Gordon tearing it up yet again.

Back three work has been shoddy though. Positioning all over the place and poor kicking/catching.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
How come every Australian side sucks at set piece, cept the Brumbies? I feel like set piece is the one thing you don't need natural talent for and you can coach effectively.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
How come every Australian side sucks at set piece, cept the Brumbies? I feel like set piece is the one thing you don't need natural talent for and you can coach effectively?

2024 when Tupou turns up… I think the rebels will have a very promising set piece.

Matt Philip still to return.
A great lineout option

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Don't know who that was in cover defence, but that was a soft tackle attempt.. Jooste i think?