• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Rebels 14:35 18/03

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
IBM%20System%20360%20mainframe.jpg

"Systems indicate that ALL of this members posts are complete rubbish."
"They can't ALL be rubbish."

"Computer doesn't lie....."
Stevenson for prime minister!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Gordon has been excellent, along with Wilkin.
Got an absurd number of turnovers in that last quarter of the game.

Game really petered out. Chiefs dropped into first gear as the Rebels flopped and flailed mostly aimlessly against the Chiefs relatively comfortable defense.

If Carter Gordon wasn't on the field the Rebels would've scored 0. Blokes playing some amazing rugby.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yep you cant turn the ball over that much against the top side away & expect a different result. Also tactically we were smashed today. They almost completely took Hardwick & Wikin out of the break down today while we played to their strengths letting their weapons fire. Yes there was a bit of luck in 2 of their tries but the chiefs back 3 were utterly sensational.

Carter did individual things brilliantly & has so much upside but I think Hodge not coming back on killed our 'game control'. If it happen great but we cant expect Carter to control a game where we are loosing at the break down more than we are winning. Stacy Ili was also good but a running 12 not a controlling 12.

I'm sure Louwrens is a great guy who works hard during the week & sets the bar for everyone but he is not a SRpac starting 9

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep you cant turn the ball over that much against the top side away & expect a different result. Also tactically we were smashed today. They almost completely took Hardwick & Wikin out of the break down today while we played to their strengths letting their weapons fire. Yes there was a bit of luck in 2 of their tries but the chiefs back 3 were utterly sensational.

Carter did individual things brilliantly & has so much upside but I think Hodge not coming back on killed our 'game control'. If it happen great but we cant expect Carter to control a game where we are loosing at the break down more than we are winning. Stacy Ili was also good but a running 12 not a controlling 12.

I'm sure Louwrens is a great guy who works hard during the week & sets the bar for everyone but he is not a SRpac starting 9
I wondered about Louwrens a couple of times to MS, I think perhaps him and the 15 yoady were maybe weakesses?

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The Rebels were in it too. If the backs made an effort to get back to tackle the runners there would have been momentum. Carter is class.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Just watching the game. Gordan gets done for a late it that was not even close to being late. No idea wtf they are liking at. Commentators don't say anything either. 3 points for cheifs.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Then a try is awarded when the player was clearly In touch hahaha I thought the home town ref the hurricanes had was bad

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Haha early points in the second half. Never mind the cheifs player taking out a rebels defender 5m past the ruck to create the hole.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Now nankavell tackles the rebels player after the strip while he is on the ground out of play and the cheifs score. Commentators and tmp pretends they are all blind. Tackled without the ball and when on the ground out of the game. What a joke this game has become

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Carter Gordan is really starting to turn some heads.

That referee was atrocious. The cheifs scored about 28 points from times where they should have been penalised. Home town kiwi refs 2 days in a row but today was worse. And the commentary was worse than kearns and marto

Last edited:

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Pressure must be mounting on Kevin Foote. Hasn't got the best coaching record. Players play the game but coaches cop it in the neck for wins & losses. The Rebels would need to start banking some W's soon

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
What went wrong for the rebels? Was out today and didn’t get to watch the game. Will watch the replay tonight or tomorrow morning. But the scores are incredibly disappointing absolutely no excuses for the Rebels

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just watched the Chiefs v Rebels and they are a microcosm ot Wallaby play. It struck me that it's just like the pub fight scene from Once were Warriors with Mus standing over the ex jail bird stating 'useless bastard all weights work and no speed'.
Add in the poor D, kick chase. lacking the balls to dive on the loose ball. not competing in the lineout or the breakdown and guys standing in the way of a pass to someone better.
Plus the never-ending madness of penalties and Eddie will have to earn his money to get any of these guys up for the RWC.

Carter Gordon excepted from this blast. I was expecting all our Super Rugby teams to lift and at this time only the perennial Brumbies look the goods.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tuttle was slow as a wet week. Caught behind the ruck and lost the ball at least twice, maybe more. Slow to the breakdown generally and not able to give fast, crisp ball to his receivers. I thought he was particularly poor.