• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Rebels Rd 9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not seeing any replays yet. What did Higgers do?

Oh, just saw it now. Fair enough, he had to know he was on thin ice already.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
No real leadership on the field now with Higgers off.
This could go pear shaped in the next 10 minutes. Cmon Rebels

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gez Louise, they get a penalty while their capt is in the bin then turn over possession immediately after. Frustrating stuff Rebels.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Were really had the chance to win this. Just lack of self belief in the end (and forwards with tits for hands)

Disappointing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just how fuckin dumb are the rebels

The capt elects to tack a tap kick !

Then off the last play they run themselves in to touch

Execution once again the killer

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
THat last run up the wing summed up Sau's night - not his best. I think Kingston might be a look in for 14 next week.

Burgess was far better at the scrum/ruck base and put in some good runs. Was far better than stirz. Someone sid he went off because he was injured?

Jones = bloody good tonight.

Didn't see the higgers bin incident, but for the skipper to go off is a big no no. Similar to other views here, he should have taken that scrum and sucked in their depleted forward pack. Back luck for Toby, not his fault.

Bryce's boot looked good tonight. At least the kicking got better.

Has someone made Mitch an honorary number 7 or something? He was right in the tough stuff all night. Puzzled and excited at the same time.

When it comes down to it, the first 20 really smashed us. I was suprised we got so close, considering what I saw in the first 20. Discipline around the ruckbase needs a lot of work.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Just how fuckin dumb are the rebels

The capt elects to tack a tap kick !

Then off the last play they run themselves in to touch

Execution once again the killer

That game was there for the taking and they dropped it. Please no more talk of Higgers as Wallaby captain. Why would you take a tap and not a scrum against six. When you take a scrum five out all the opposing teams flankers have to stay on to stop the pushover. So its basically one on one in the backline. Inman running at pace under those conditions is nigh on unstoppable.

Absolutely braindead decision.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I think the Chiefs scored the points when they wanted but lacked urgency and was also tired from the SA trip. There is a greater gap between these two teams than the scoreline suggests.
Saying that the Chiefs don't look like 2 times champions at the moment.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think the Chiefs scored the points when they wanted but lacked urgency and was also tired from the SA trip. There is a greater gap between these two teams than the scoreline suggests.
Saying that the Chiefs don't look like 2 times champions at the moment.

You mean "Don't look like 3 time champions ATM" eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.