• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs vs Waratahs QF 4 June 2.35 AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From wiki, Waikato:
Population
(June 2021)[4]
• Total506,000

Of which barely half would live within an hour of FMG by road. A few might head up from New Plymouth (three hour drive) or across from Tauranga or Rotorua (both an hour 20-odd) but not many, none of those roads are particularly driver- & passenger-friendly. Realistically the catchment for a Tribe home game is Hamilton (185K) & a few nearby towns, maybe 225K total, plus a few die-hards from elsewhere.

Edit: on visiting that wiki page "Waikato" takes in Thames-Coromandel-Waihi which most people would consider Bay of Plenty & is a good two hours away, and Pokeno which is closer but pretty much where Auckland starts.

Last edited:

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah 8 from 15 is a high pass for this Tahs team and Coleman. Bodes pretty well for next year I think, a bit of smart recruiting to fill some voids is essential though.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah 8 from 15 is a high pass for this Tahs team and Coleman. Bodes pretty well for next year I think, a bit of smart recruiting to fill some voids is essential though.
I don’t think that bad moreso player development needed. I mean where realistically do we need to recruit?

Pokinacha

Dave Cowper (27)
I don’t think that bad moreso player development needed. I mean where realistically do we need to recruit?
Nick Frost from the shoulder-chippers would fit nicely. Plus he then wouldn’t become a cynical penalty magnet like Swain.
We need a fullback like that guy who’s now playing for Tonga.
unsure if Perese would have done much tonight but would have taken the burden off Edmed and kept the Chef outside backs busy. Would have also pushed their back row to defend further out.
oh well. Next year

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nick Frost from the shoulder-chippers would fit nicely. Plus he then wouldn’t become a cynical penalty magnet like Swain.
unsure if Perese would have done much tonight but would have taken the burden off Edmed and kept the Chef outside backs busy. Would have also pushed their back row to defend further out.
oh well. Next year
Perese agree missed. Lock I don’t know if so bad here but hey would not knock back frost coming back to his nsw roots with the tahs. Fullback yeh agree but not sure that is where we failed tonight…more what was between the ears…

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
oh well. Next year
Nick's signed to 2025 mate so no chance have a poor off season you miserable bastard..;)

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
After a close loss last week, this was dire to watch. Flipping Paddy Ryan would have been better playing on a totally different pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.