• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nos Tradamus

Frank Nicholson (4)
U20s are back however on mandatory rest until Tuesday (ARU ruling).

No word on MP (Moana Pasifika) - slow road with his type of injury.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
Warringah boys had a good win yesterday in the return match vs Easts, (5 or 6 wins in a row!!)
And play a catch-up today vs Souths, tough ask.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Watched Uni take on Wicks yesterday. Uni won convincingly but allowed a few early breaks from Wicks especially in the centers. Wicks kept failing just as they were hard in the opposition 22 by making silly errors and giving away penalties.
The Wicks 12 was very good in his drift lines and tackled well all day. He was the best player for Wicks imo. Their flankers worked hard but in isolation.
The Uni 15 is seriously fast and considering the dominant pack I was surprised he did not get even more ball.
Wicks managed to hold on at scrum time but they were always under pressure and it told towards the end.
When Uni make a break , they have three, four or five in support and if tackled, the back ups are there to clean out and secure or take a pop up. When the Wicks made a break they had at best one to lend a hand if tackled. The consequence was quick ball for Uni and Slow ball for Wicks.
Wicks gave way far too many penalties , allowing Uni to march up the field without working for it and I would suggest that this is due to not enough commitment to the breakdown. Uni looked very comfortable and coordinated having been given the space and time to go forward.
It was hard to judge who the best player for Uni was as there are so many Goldhoops together its a bit like trying to spot your favorite Zebra in the mob.

Franky

Peter Burge (5)
Warringah boys had a good win yesterday in the return match vs Easts, (5 or 6 wins in a row!!)
And play a catch-up today vs Souths, tough ask.
Make that Eastwood and that's 6 in a row with Souths today to hopefully make it 7 but will depend on how Souths travel and Rats back up?

Franky

Peter Burge (5)
Make that Eastwood and that's 6 in a row with Souths today to hopefully make it 7 but will depend on how Souths travel and Rats back up?
Didn't back up as well as we had hoped going down just 20-18 to Souths in 1st Colts.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I was happy to see that Manly didn't take the piss and play colts eligible 1st graders yesterday. The No 8, Vinnie was exceptional. Backline had 3 20s players so obviously di well.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I was happy to see that Manly didn't take the piss and play colts eligible 1st graders yesterday. The No 8, Vinnie was exceptional. Backline had 3 20s players so obviously di well.
Lily who is still eligible, Fabian is helping out whilst Max, and Adam are recovering?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I
I am sure there will be another 6 clubs in the finals who will disagree
Just believe this to be the case given that those 2 sides are 13 points clear of the 3rd place team and their points differential is much much better than the other sides. Also Manly and Uni have been quite dominant in their games all year

Doofus

Peter Burge (5)
Just believe this to be the case given that those 2 sides are 13 points clear of the 3rd place team and their points differential is much much better than the other sides. Also Manly and Uni have been quite dominant in their games all year

I watched Manly Vs Souths last week - Souths lost by a point. I also witnessed one of the Manly official entourage tell the Souths officials they should have won the game which I thought was a unique gesture.

This was backed up reviewing the Manly RU website -

"1st Grade
Manly had only led 6-3 at half-time against Southern Districts in the first encounter before going on to win 35-3. This time Manly was determined to assert its superiority and come away with a decisive victory. Southern Districts failed to read the script.
It appeared that the score would remain this way but the Invitational Referee awarded a rare penalty to Manly! The Penalty Goal was slotted and Manly secured a thoroughly undeserved Bonus Point victory with Southern Districts taking 2 Bonus Points away from a game they deserved to win.
Coach Alex Suter had his side primed for a bustling, physical performance that seemed to throw Manly off its usual game. 3 tries-respectively from a charge-down, a waltz through the Manly pack and an intercept saw Southern Districts lead 14-nil and 21-7 at different stages of the 1st half. Manly recovered to go into the half-time break down 14-21 and Manly had enjoyed the benefit of the "Breeze" which graces the Ridge!
Manly's lineout was poor as the wind played havoc with the throws and the Southern Districts players contested everything! With the breakdown play also being poor, it was hard for Manly to generate momentum and the scores fluctuated throughout the 2nd half with Manly clawing its way back to 19-21 and then 24-21 before Southern Districts again were afforded an easy passage through the Manly ruck. 26-24 to SD's with not much time left on the clock!
Southern Districts will cause some damage in the back-end of the season and look out if they make the 8!"
Words of wisdom?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Southern have Norths Randwick And Uni in 3 of the final 4 rounds. It will be interesting to see how they go and take this as a measure of their strength come semi time

Status
Not open for further replies.