• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Could the Kiwi's be losing Dan Carter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

proton

Bud the last World Cup against France he limped off in shock injured. He doesnt have a sore back I recon he sprained his wrist in a tackle they showed it on TV but will be downplaying it have a look for the bandage next time he comes out to play. The only player of DCs skill plays for Manawatu and he was left out of the team. They will struggle if he doesnt heal.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/5479751/Turbos-move-into-top-gear-to-beat-Waikato

On bad game and they axed him but he aint a warehouse toy.

Yeah I'm with MR. It's like the Kiwis reaction to Digby's injury- on the one hand he is a great player who I love watching and would be sad to see injured, but on the other I can't help tinking that it enhances the Wallabies chances dramatically.

FWIW I can't see him missing more than the Japan game. An injury-carrying Dan Carter is still a better player than a fit Colin Slade. By miles.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
What I think a lot of people forget is that with Colin Slade being carter's understudy for so long, and having to fill multiple spots in Canterbury's backline, is that he quite a handy player. Jamie Joseph snaffled him up for the highlanders, and I think he would have showed his true class if he hadn't broken his jaw twice.

Glad to see my new avatar is causing less offence. I was warned when I got invited onto this site that some posters like to give it but can't take it. I was amused to see that the one complainant is all for images of a kangaroo brutally violating a kiwi, but extremely thin skinned when it goes the other way. I have an old t-shirt showing Kiwis hanging up springboks in a slaughterhouse, leftover from an old Bok tour in my varsity days, so you just have to laugh.

I like "Kiwis - Australia's mexicans" avatar. Just like Mexico our neighbours can be a pain in the **** ( not sure how rude words get dealth with on this site). Now see, I can take a joke, and I can give it back! Lets all just get along.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'll have you know it's a Wallaby, but brutally violating might be taking it a bit far. Think of it as a gentle caress.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Fail to see how derogatory avatars are relevant to Dan Carter, but personally I think the wallaby kiwi logo is offensive. The origin of it was funny, but call me homophobic, if someone joked with me about that kind of thing in person I'd struggle not to flatten them. Not in the anzac spirit at all.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I'll have you know it's a Wallaby, but brutally violating might be taking it a bit far. Think of it as a gentle caress.

My wife said they might just be spooning.
My son says the sneaky Kiwi has kicked the Joey out of the pouch and is getting a free ride. Ahh the innocence of youth.

But regarding Dan Carter. I suspect they will not be taking any chances with injuries to top players. I have heard that some of the training sessions have been pretty brutal, to counteract some of softer games in the pool. I still maintain that if it was France this weekend the injuries would be pronounced as minor.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Fail to see how derogatory avatars are relevant to Dan Carter, but personally I think the wallaby kiwi logo is offensive. The origin of it was funny, but call me homophobic, if someone joked with me about that kind of thing in person I'd struggle not to flatten them. Not in the anzac spirit at all.

Sounds like you're more offended by bestiality than homosexuality to me. Which is fair enough.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member

It was actually consensual - must be something wrong with your mind!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well, technically J'OC is Australian, born in Australia and all that. Dirty Kiwi parents, though, with a dirty Saffa grandparent (to varying degrees of "dirty", mainly the "not actually dirty but it's a smart ass thing to say" classification). Only 5 years in UnZud as a kid, but they still claim him, the filthy poachers.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Is that an A-team apart from halfback? If so, why Ellis?

I think that they chose Ellis for the irony.

As observed by the Kiwi commentator (Nisbett I think), when the Japanese import Webb took the field late in the AB vs Jap game, we had Williams, Webb and Ellis on the field.

A classic Dads Joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.