• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Within reason. Might as well still limit transmission where possible ie masks etc.

Closed borders and lockdowns though? Fuck no.

Yep, that's about the size of it. I'd be surprised if lockdowns were done from this point onwards, because I imagine it would be very unpopular.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Interesting stuff in there. Hopefully helps put to rest the nonsense "gotcha" arguments about whether hospitalisation and mortality data is being skewed intentionally to increase the perceived risk of the virus, ie. patients who died of covid vs died with covid.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
SEIFA QuintileMalesPercent (%) of male deaths due to COVID-19FemalesPercent (%) of female deaths due to COVID-19
1 (lowest)51035.742938.0
5 (highest)1369.5928.2

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Want to survive COVID? Don't be a poor migrant.
  • The median age for those who died from COVID-19 was 83.7 years (81.2 years for males, 86.0 years for females).
  • 70% had pre-existing chronic conditions.
  • On average, deaths due to COVID-19 had 2.7 other diseases and conditions.
  • 0.01% of the Australian population has died from covid since the first reported case.

Time to stop the fear mongering and halt all covid restrictions. Stop mandatory vaccines.
Focus health efforts on the elderly and encourage good eating/exercise habits for the whole population.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Where does my statement Focus health efforts on the elderly infer "fuck old people"?
However Sully it was a passable attempt to divert attention away from the fact that covid is NOT killing many of the younger generations.
Are you trying to ignore the median age for those who died from COVID-19 was 83.7 years? Or pretend it's not important?

Yes I am an "old person" WCR. Yes, I'm a boomer.
Funny that this old fart is fighting for the rights and freedoms of young people.
Only 192 people under 60 years of age have died of covid in the whole of the pandemic. In the whole of Australia, since March 2020.
Yet that age group have been locked down, masked, denied the right of travel, shut out of work and the workplace, denied Christian church attendance, shot at while protesting, and had proper education denied to them. Essential freedoms have been stripped away under the guise of a pandemic and now we see the ABS statistics exposing the scaremongering for what it was - a deliberate attempt to scare us all into compliance.

Governments in Australia knew these stats early in the piece and should have changed strategy then.
They should have freed up the less at risk (under 60s) and diverted resources towards the more vulnerable.

The ABS tells us that there were underlying health issues involved in 92 per cent of the 2639 deaths.
Locking down the young, healthy demographic was a stupid move.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Despite locking down the young, healthy demographic many of them still caught Covid; some of those were hospitalised; and some of those died. Not locking down the young, healthy demographic would have resulted in many times more cases, hospitalisations & deaths.

Along the way the young, healthy demographic would have passed Covid onto the older, less healthy demographic resulting in even more cases, hospitalisations & deaths among that population.

Public health measures saved & continue to save lives. That is why governments world wide have used them to the greatest extent their circumstances allow.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think the point is routinely lost on the culture warriors that without said restrictions, lockdowns, and vaccinations, there would’ve been countless more infections, hospitalisations and deaths…this is just an undisputed fact… not to mention the added economic impacts that we recently caught a glimpse of as Omicron ripped through and decimated supply chains and force many hospitality venues to close their doors over summer.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Where does my statement Focus health efforts on the elderly infer "fuck old people"?
However Sully it was a passable attempt to divert attention away from the fact that covid is NOT killing many of the younger generations.
Are you trying to ignore the median age for those who died from COVID-19 was 83.7 years? Or pretend it's not important?

Yes I am an "old person" WCR. Yes, I'm a boomer.
Funny that this old fart is fighting for the rights and freedoms of young people.
Only 192 people under 60 years of age have died of covid in the whole of the pandemic. In the whole of Australia, since March 2020.
Yet that age group have been locked down, masked, denied the right of travel, shut out of work and the workplace, denied Christian church attendance, shot at while protesting, and had proper education denied to them. Essential freedoms have been stripped away under the guise of a pandemic and now we see the ABS statistics exposing the scaremongering for what it was - a deliberate attempt to scare us all into compliance.

Governments in Australia knew these stats early in the piece and should have changed strategy then.
They should have freed up the less at risk (under 60s) and diverted resources towards the more vulnerable.

The ABS tells us that there were underlying health issues involved in 92 per cent of the 2639 deaths.
Locking down the young, healthy demographic was a stupid move.

I remember that this forum used to have a rules thread stickied to the front. One key rule was:

10. If another poster does not understand or agree with your point after 3 or 4 attempts, LET IT GO, WALK AWAY. It is very boring for other posters when the thread gets hijacked by two people having an argument. Let this be your guide:

I dont think you have actually bought a new point to this thread for months. Maybe it's time for a bit of rule 10?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Do we know yet what constitutes a vaccinated traveler? Three jabs for domestic but two only for international? That seemed to be the way thinking was heading at top level.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Do we know yet what constitutes a vaccinated traveler? Three jabs for domestic but two only for international? That seemed to be the way thinking was heading at top level.
The term "fully vaccinated" will be eased out of official use.
People will need to get a booster within six months of their primary course to be up to date.
If it has been longer than six months since someone's last primary course dose and they are eligible for a booster, they will be considered "overdue".
The rule will not apply to international travellers coming to Australia.
(ABC News summarising ATAGI recommendations)

Of course the reasoning is so that a 4th shot, a 5th shot, and then annual shots can be introduced with no-one complaining that "but you said i was fully vaccinated".

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
1645230440098.png