• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds 3/06/22 - QF1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
More than a flight

7 nights accom @ $120 = 840
7 days food @ 40 = 280
well over a $1000 (even at my discount rates assumption) plus 750 for flights.

If they took 5 spares then close enough to $9000

And? Some players in the squad earn that in a week. They're literally paid to play rugby so might as well fly them over so they can do opposed training against aa full team.

Besides, SANZAAR cover the travel as an operational cost of the tournament, id assume that arrangement still exists.

Last edited:

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
More than a flight

7 days food @ 40 = 280

What do you want them to do, travel with just the match day 23? What happens in the case of illness or injury?

They’ve flown over one extra bloke who they want to give some exposure to, not their entire development squad. By your maths $1800, let’s bump it to $2500 to be on the safe side - pocket change for a professional sporting team.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Why stop at wider squad members. Cut away the reserves also, there’s another $9000 saved.

Are coaching staff and physios really needed with the use of Zoom?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
More than a flight

7 days food @ 40 = 280

I was thinking about how much money they saved by not having to fly back this week. That’s a whole team worth of airfares they saved by not flying the boys back and then flying then back to christchurich.

the cost of 2 airfares for each player means they probably get some pretty good accom deals for a bulk booking

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I think it's pretty clear by now that there has been something undisclosed between the Reds and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) for a number of weeks

Is there. Isn't that kinda how Brad thorn operates though? You're not committed to the team so I'm not going to invest time in you..? I'd certainly be playing him but given that he was hardly setting the world alight since his return from injury it does not surprise me at all that Thorn has decided to move on.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
CruSadists: Will Jordan, Sevu Reece, Jack Goodhue, David Havili, Leicester Fainga'anuku, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Cullen Grace, Ethan Blackadder, Pablo Matera, Sam Whitelock, Scott Barrett (captain), Oli Jager, Codie Taylor, George Bower. Reserves: Brodie McAlister, Finlay Brewis, Fletcher Newell, Zach Gallagher, Tom Christie, Mitch Drummond, Braydon Ennor, George Bridge.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
REDS (1-15): Harry Hoopert, Matt Faessler, Feao Fotuaika, Angus Blyth, Ryan Smith, Seru Uru, Liam Wright (co-c), Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott (co-c), Lawson Creighton, Filipo Daugunu, Hamish Stewart, Jordan Petaia, Suliasi Vunivalu, Jock Campbell.

RESERVES: Richie Asiata, Dane Zander, Sef Fa’agase, Connor Vest, Angus Scott-Young, Fraser McReight, Kalani Thomas, Hunter Paisami

Referee: Brendon Pickerill

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
A 6/2 bench for the Reds. I suppose Fraser Mcreight could always be a temporary back if needs be.

Alex Ross (28)
Is there. Isn't that kinda how Brad thorn operates though? You're not committed to the team so I'm not going to invest time in you..? I'd certainly be playing him but given that he was hardly setting the world alight since his return from injury it does not surprise me at all that Thorn has decided to move on.
Reds lineout has been woeful and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was one of their main targets before he signalled his intent to move on. And no way Vest is a better option on the bench again at the crusaders in a quarter final.
Thorn’s let’s his grudges get in the way to the detriment of the team.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Reds lineout has been woeful and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was one of their main targets before he signalled his intent to move on. And no way Vest is a better option on the bench again at the crusaders in a quarter final.
Eh, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was phoning it in for the Reds and Wobs long before he signed overseas.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds not been on song for a while…hope it suddenly clicks this week as on paper pretty good side…just need to match the paper expectations lol…

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds lineout has been woeful and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was one of their main targets before he signalled his intent to move on. And no way Vest is a better option on the bench again at the crusaders in a quarter final.
I don’t think this has anything to do with moving on, ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is making the exact same move and is in the team

Status
Not open for further replies.