• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds 3/06/22 - QF1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
We need an early Scott Barrett red card.
e699b742b27487040dabc1dc4ac4bf3c.gif

Barrett-Matera double red
jack-nicholson-jack.gif

Alex Ross (28)
I don’t think this has anything to do with moving on, ASY (Angus Scott-Young) (Angus Scott-Young) is making the exact same move and is in the team
Also, I recall a factor in ASY (Angus Scott-Young) moving on was since he isn’t getting a look in at the Wallabies. Perhaps Thorn isn’t taking his departure the same way.

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Also, I recall a factor in ASY (Angus Scott-Young) (Angus Scott-Young) moving on was since he isn’t getting a look in at the Wallabies. Perhaps Thorn isn’t taking his departure the same way.
I've no idea if you're correct but it's certainly a reasonable conjecture.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Also, I recall a factor in ASY (Angus Scott-Young) (Angus Scott-Young) moving on was since he isn’t getting a look in at the Wallabies. Perhaps Thorn isn’t taking his departure the same way.
Thorn didn’t have a bad word to say when LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)’s departure was announced, so I doubt him leaving, or the reasoning behind it, is the issue

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Reds lineout has been woeful and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was one of their main targets before he signalled his intent to move on. And no way Vest is a better option on the bench again at the crusaders in a quarter final.
Thorn’s let’s his grudges get in the way to the detriment of the

Reds lineout has been woeful and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was one of their main targets before he signalled his intent to move on. And no way Vest is a better option on the bench again at the crusaders in a quarter final.
Thorn’s let’s his grudges get in the way to the detriment of the team.
It certainly seems like it does it

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Also I assume this has been discussed somewhere however I am genuinely shocked that Matera's actions did not merit a red card. Actually ridiculous, especially some of the cards the Reds have been dished over the years.
Lol discussed somewhere to death in the match thread and yes has most of us scratching our heads on this one. It is the sort of tackle you see you want to look away as you see this as a C1 injury just waiting to happen.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think it's pretty clear by now that there has been something undisclosed between the Reds and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) for a number of weeks
Maybe he just wanted to stay home with his young kid.. leaving anyway, wasn't in the team

Last edited:

Alex Ross (28)
Maybe he just wanted to stay home with his young kid.. leaving anyway, wasn't in the team
Doesn’t explain his sidelining in what would have been his farewell game at Suncorp against MP (Moana Pasifika). Surely he could have had Vest’s 7 minutes as a gesture for many years of service?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Doesn’t explain his sidelining in what would have been his farewell game at Suncorp against MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika). Surely he could have had Vest’s 7 minutes as a gesture for many years of service?
Good point... Probably never know

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Doesn’t explain his sidelining in what would have been his farewell game at Suncorp against MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika). Surely he could have had Vest’s 7 minutes as a gesture for many years of service?
Maybe he was given a choice and did not want to play? If he plays 7 meaningless minutes he risks injury and worst case scenario he misses a big contract.

Alex Ross (28)
Maybe he was given a choice and did not want to play? If he plays 7 meaningless minutes he risks injury and worst case scenario he misses a big contract.
You think running out in the Reds jersey for the last time at Suncorp would be meaningless to him? That he’s worried about injury affecting his contract yet he’s playing club rugby?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Probably time to stop hijacking the thread with all the LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) speculation. It's a shame, but we won't ever really know what's happened, if anything.

He's still good mates with all the boys, I see him at their social functions etc in photos. He seems happy and is moving onto a new contract. Wish him the best and hope the team are just focussed on tonight.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Bac
Probably time to stop hijacking the thread with all the LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) speculation.

Was just about to say the same.

Back to the match, maybe the Reds haven't done so well in terms of W's against the Kiwis but hell, it's knock out rugby. Maybe that SOO pep talk etc etc will have an impact. I get that we are missing JOC (James O'Connor) but honestly, Creighton has been looking decent after being thrust in the deep. Yes he doesn't have the same accuracy but a bloke's got to have a start and this is Creighton's time. Take it, mate, just take it. I get that we are missing Tupou, but we still have the "secret weapon" of Lillycrap and these boys have been developing for a while now. This is it guys.

Just a little more thinking on the kicks and remove the fluff-kicks, God knows in the line out but it just doesn't look that much to do for rapid improvement. Maybe not for dominance but closer to equality. Which might be enough. The scrum just has to re-set, stop blinking in the bright lights and get back to what we do. You know what you are doing boys, stop over-thinking and do.

Attitude might make a few inches of difference in the rucks.

It is there for the taking, 15 v 15. Take your opportunity Reds.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gunna be a cold one tonight: Temps will barely make double figures at any point & be back down around 8- or 9C by kickoff. Also a sneaky breeze that looks like it could be blowing end-to-end to add some wind-chill. Shouldn't be any rain but expect some dew. Also lots of Synergy & copious amounts of Boomfa...

Status
Not open for further replies.