• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

End of Year Tour 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
I think good on Sharpie for doing it. Leadership is still a bit lacking despite Horwill and Pocock still not ruling out the EOYT (As far as I can remember... might be wrong). Think he might be considering the Lions?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Lol. Yeah his kids want to go fishing for Taylor at floreat beach with him!!

Good on ya sharpe. A true champion of the game.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
No way. This will be it. Last stint for him. Sharpe won't play on after this spring tour. I think it's good timing as well. With horwill and guys like timani, Kane and Neville playing after another super rugby season under there belt we should be fine. God for bid we have more "you know what"

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Im in 2 minds about this. I love sharpie and he's earned the right to stop as he sees fit - but this isn't him asking to play on (as I read anyway) this is deans asking him to keep going. My only hesitation is that sharp will not be there next year and we have a lot of up and comers for whom the EOYT would be a great opportunity to be blooded and get a look at next years lions players. But then again, I'll be at twickenham so a last chance to see sharpie will be great.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I had thought his kids were back in Brisbane, hence the desire to pull the pin on his career. Could be wrong though.

He does the morning drop off at my kids school in Brisbane occasionally. Last saw him on Tuesday - or was it yesterday morning? Furiously texting.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
last_time.jpg

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
I'd like to see Mitch Inman in the squad, he is a hard running center that is still young and would improve from the experience.

Have to agree that you can't take Kingi, he did not get enough game time to justify a Wallabies place. But than again with Deans who knows!

Was it phil kearns that got caught on microphone saying Inman looks like tarzan and plays like Jane? To be honest there's a couple of big hard running centres around and Inman has never delivered on talent so far. Same goes for rory sidey. I'd rather through a spot to the force' Tupou (think that's right) or Brumbies Smith. Smith is smarter and had a cracking season and tupou is big, fast and strong but still learning the finer points of game after switching back from league.

When can Speight play for Aus - next year?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Was it phil kearns that got caught on microphone saying Inman looks like tarzan and plays like Jane? To be honest there's a couple of big hard running centres around and Inman has never delivered on talent so far. Same goes for rory sidey. I'd rather through a spot to the force' Tupou (think that's right) or Brumbies Smith. Smith is smarter and had a cracking season and tupou is big, fast and strong but still learning the finer points of game after switching back from league.

When can Speight play for Aus - next year?
Sidey has been released from the Force.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I saw that Palu, Kepu and Mitchell are all in the training squad for this weekend's game. I'm hoping they dont play. I'd like to see us change our approach to players returning from injury. But good to know they'll be back in the squad for the end of year tour.

W

What2040

I saw that Palu, Kepu and Mitchell are all in the training squad for this weekend's game. I'm hoping they dont play. I'd like to see us change our approach to players returning from injury. But good to know they'll be back in the squad for the end of year tour.

Reckon Palu will get a brief and possibly Mitchell now that Ioane is out. Kepu woould be too underdone. Hear a whisper that Benny A. might be unavailable with a crook neck. Hope not as he has played reasonably well this year

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
possibly Mitchell now that Ioane is out.

I'd much rather he take the extra time to ensure that he's fully fit. He's come back underdone twice now and I'd hate to see his career end because of rushing to play for the Wallabies.

With Digby out, we've got Cummins and Shipperly to start, plus it's not like Deans ever picks a specalist winger. BUT you've also got AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) coming back to the scene.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think having our first, second and third choice captains out injured and the next five tests deciding our seeing for the 2015 RWC outweighs blooding locks on the EOYT.

Yeah, this is very important we really need to try and keep 2nd spot.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Our reason for playing well in the NH tour is to avoid New Zealand in the RWC draw? [waylon mode activated]Harden up, belters![/waylon mode]

I don't care when we meet New Zealand - the bloody pool stages are fine. If we're too scared to play them, that's a bloody poor start. "Bring it on!" as my all-time favourite Wallaby Joe Roff used to say.

Yeah but Roff was probably talking about another beer at the pub when he said that.

Reactions: BPC
Status
Not open for further replies.