• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Sunday 19 November 2:00am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Enever needs to go into this game as though it is his last, and play like there is no tomorrow.

Yep. Just needs to make every post a winner. Just focus on the basics and the rest will follow. Make the most of the opportunity.

Reactions: mst

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Wishing this was a SH game so it’d be in a few hours and not on the other side of a night of sleep. Heebie-jeebies are starting to creep in, it’s gonna be a long one!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Looking at our midfield: Poms by 20. Kerevi to concede multiple mauls running upright like he's the biggest kid on the field.

UNLESS the bash n barge plan by Cheika is a clever ruse to suck England into that way of thinking. In which case: Poms by 10.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
I've got money on Australia for this one. No Coleman is big, but I feel like these guys have entered a phase of just knowing how to win games. Wallabies by 10, Hooper/Genia/Foley/KB (Kurtley Beale) to play blinders, Simmons to get unfairly maligned in the blog comments.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think people are under estatmating how good Blake Enever is.. The guy can seriously play and all his lock work is great..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think people are under estatmating how good Blake Enever is.. The guy can seriously play and all his lock work is great..

It's his first game for the Wallabies. Against England. At Twickenham. Dragged in at the last moment. It isn't about estimating his worth, it's about a baptism of fire which is really not the right way to introduce a new cap. Hope he has a blinder and tomorrow we are all saying "Coleman who?"

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's his first game for the Wallabies. Against England. At Twickenham. Dragged in at the last moment. It isn't about estimating his worth, it's about a baptism of fire which is really not the right way to introduce a new cap. Hope he has a blinder and tomorrow we are all saying "Coleman who?"
Agreed.. But the best weapons get made in, the hottest fire

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rob Simmons will need to improve his strength in contact to make up for Coleman's loss. He is the experienced campaigner and has to step into the leading lock shoes, not someone having his first or second start for the Wallabies. That means he has to show some dominance in his tackling, his breakdown work and his ball carrying. Up til now, he has been more likely to be forced backwards in contact or just falls off the side of the ruck when trying to clean out at the breakdown. A repetition of his usual ineffective presence in the hard stuff will see the Wallabies go down by plenty.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
A repetition of his usual ineffective presence in the hard stuff will see the Wallabies go down by plenty.

That's just the status quo though, although not ideal I think that Enever, our back row and the bench can lift in the 'hard stuff' to counter the loss of Coleman to an extent in the event that Simmons doesn't contribute himself. Of more importance is that Enever and Simmons combine to form a strong set piece and I'm reasonably confident of that. And I'm sure that Blake Enever wants to be the one to make up for the loss of Coleman, he won't be expecting Simmons to do it for him.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Looking at our midfield: Poms by 20. Kerevi to concede multiple mauls running upright like he's the biggest kid on the field.

UNLESS the bash n barge plan by Cheika is a clever ruse to suck England into that way of thinking. In which case: Poms by 10.

Midfield will be alright I reckon with Kurtley there running things unlike last time. If nothing else I am looking forward to Kerevi and Kurindrani running a few shortballs at Farrell and whoever that annoying fly half guy is who just kicks it all the time, Ford or someone.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
That's just the status quo though, although not ideal I think that Enever, our back row and the bench can lift in the 'hard stuff' to counter the loss of Coleman to an extent in the event that Simmons doesn't contribute himself. Of more importance is that Enever and Simmons combine to form a strong set piece and I'm reasonably confident of that. And I'm sure that Blake Enever wants to be the one to make up for the loss of Coleman, he won't be expecting Simmons to do it for him.

If ever there was a game for Lopeti to go fucking nuts this is it.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Fantastic - shou;d be a certain MOM performance tonight. No excuses about inexperience blah blah.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

I have high praise for Enever too... Quietly confident. BUT too be fair he isn't even starting regularly for the Brumbies.. it's a big step up and he is basically skipping the step where you play regular super xv (and perform well) before getting into the wallabies squad. Plus it's against England who are clear favourites. Make no doubt about it he has a big hill to climb.... still quietly confident he can do it though ;)

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I have high praise for Enever too. Quietly confident. BUT too be fair he isn't even starting regularly for the Brumbies.. it's a big step up and he is basically skipping the step where you play regular super xv (and perform well) before getting into the wallabies squad.

Sounds like a certain young Rebels reserve hooker.

ArmchairGeneral

Ward Prentice (10)
All this talk of Simmo needing to step up, I don't think one individual in our cattle makes a particular difference this far out. They need to lift collectively and out muscle and out think the English pack. Simple.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^ I would accept this argument if it was the usual case that the whole of the Wallabies' forward pack stepped up in the muscle department. But it clearly isn't. Coleman, McMahon and the front row are the group that bring the muscle and aggression. Without Coleman, that group is diminished substantially. It is time the usual passengers, Simmons and Hanigan, to show that they are more than lineout jumpers filling in the numbers in all other respects.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I just cannot see us winning the forward battle even if Coleman was playing.

Scrum in particular will be targeted big time. Hopefully Sio holds his own and I'm pretty confident Keps will do well.

The real test will be the bench front row in that last 10-15 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.