• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia - Twickenham, 14 Nov, 4:30am AEDT

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Thought he would give Perese the start after his impact, deserved it over Beale.

Our locks and back row need to step up this game

England an inexperienced bench, new boy at 10, center on the wing, so not only us with some potential issues
I think Beale had to start. Kellaway is probably the future at 15, but we need to get our wingers sorted first. Twickenham v England isn’t the place for unforced experiments.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I think Beale had to start. Kellaway is probably the future at 15, but we need to get our wingers sorted first. Twickenham v England isn’t the place for unforced experiments.
Although, I’m sure Eddie will have England putting up plenty of high balls to Beale.... not his strong point.. but I rate Rennie and obviously he thinks Beale is the best man for the job... Kellaway has been killing them on the wing...

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think England’s bench is so much scarier than their starters. Smith is brilliant but Quirke should start with him instead of Youngs, Malins is electric, two proper bruising eights in Simmonds & Dombrandt with serious speed will punish us late.

wouldn’t mind seeing Kellaway or Wright dance around Tuilagi though.

also Curry, Lawes, Underhill lack serious penetration. Will be curious to see if one of the 8s on the bench get brought on if they’re not bending the line enough.

Hopefully poor Slips can play the full 80 out of position :(

Hookerbytrade

Stan Wickham (3)
With Marcus Smith elevated to start alongside Farrell in his 100th Test... Correct me if I'm wrong but you would be expecting Hunter Paisami to go hunting for Marcus when on both Attack and D and the forwards (Valentini, Leota, Arnold, Rodda) to give him hell. W only 3 tests under his belt, in a packed house against the Wallabies, you would hope Rennie his assistants give his men a free license to give the young man hell, reminding him of where he is. Looking forward to seeing if the Wallabies exploit this early on Sunday, similiar to what the All Blacks looked to do with Lolesio in the Bledisloe. If the Wallabies get this right, it will certainly make the young playmaker think twice about his decisions, something the Wallabies will want to achieve to shut him down early.. Just my thoughts entirely and keen to see what others think. Go the Green and Gold!

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Absolutely. Regarding the scrum, Slipper will just need to try and hold up his end on the TH side. He seemed to do it pretty well last week. I’m not sure if Marler being ruled out is good or bad for us? No knock ons or forward passes will be the order of the day. Play to the lineout and for territory. Pressure Smith.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not sure we can say Kellaway is the future at 15. Banks is and will continue to be a top option 15. Then Hodge will probably be 15 at the Rebels with Kellaway on the wing.

It's nice he CAN play FB, but I think he is about as fullback as Drew Mitchell, Luke Morohan, Rod Davies, Lachie Turner etc. Wings, but who are a second backfield receiving and kicking option.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Given we can't afford a knock on and our backline lacks anything approaching penetration but is solid on D.... i'd play the entire game without the ball.

Just hoof it, every time.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With Marcus Smith elevated to start alongside Farrell in his 100th Test... Correct me if I'm wrong but you would be expecting Hunter Paisami to go hunting for Marcus when on both Attack and D and the forwards (Valentini, Leota, Arnold, Rodda) to give him hell. W only 3 tests under his belt, in a packed house against the Wallabies, you would hope Rennie his assistants give his men a free license to give the young man hell, reminding him of where he is. Looking forward to seeing if the Wallabies exploit this early on Sunday, similiar to what the All Blacks looked to do with Lolesio in the Bledisloe. If the Wallabies get this right, it will certainly make the young playmaker think twice about his decisions, something the Wallabies will want to achieve to shut him down early.. Just my thoughts entirely and keen to see what others think. Go the Green and Gold!

you would hope he was a little more clinical than last week where he got stepped badly at least once. The flipside of your comment is that Smith is smart and talented enough to evade a missile like Hunter and then there's a gap in the line that he is fast enough to make the most of.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
you would hope he was a little more clinical than last week where he got stepped badly at least once. The flipside of your comment is that Smith is smart and talented enough to evade a missile like Hunter and then there's a gap in the line that he is fast enough to make the most of.
It would be better if the whole defense worked as a unit and employed good line-speed, rather than relying on a shooter to close down the attack.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
The Tom Wright vs Manu Tuilagi battle will be interesting. Wright to dance around him with the ball and Tuilagi to run over him when he has the ball.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Bingo - don't try to smash a bloke. Just keep putting England on the deck and let them try to kick themselves out of trouble.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Smarter to work at laying a heavy shot on Farrell, IMO. Smith may seem vulnerable as he's young and fresh but Owen is the talisman, Sit him down a few times and see if that rattles them.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Counting down until BR trots in to defend the honour of Tom Wright and every other Canberran linked to the national setup.

This match is one to watch quietly on replay. 4.30am when you're likely going to get pantsed is a pretty grim proposition.