• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

EOYT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
You're taking the leap that it is the coach's job and various player's jobs to make disciplinary decisions of their own going against the decision of the actual tribunal and system established to deal with these issues.

The whole point is that people are employed to do certain jobs and that alone.

Your attitude is that of a lynch mob demanding vengeance. Don't expect other people to join your crusade.

The coach is employed to produce the best rugby team he can.

Surely part of Cheika's job is to develop a high performance culture with upstanding and respectable individuals within the Wallabies setup? Whether he likes it or not, that is part of the role of a modern coach. It's a fairly easy comment to make - that he is "employed to produce the best rugby team he can" - when there are so many variables that go into doing such a job and doing it in a way that does not condone behaviour that would be unacceptable in any other workplace.

And that goes for the captain as well, I highly doubt Richie McCaw would support a player like Beale who repeatedly shows he has no interest in upholding the team standards. In fact, I would be pretty confident he would have something to say, albeit not in the spotlight of the media like our leadership team do, because a good leader and captain understands the importance of keeping their team in check.

Far out mate, I'm expressing my opinion, not trying to hunt someone down. No need to whip out the lynch mob metaphors. There are a number of you on here that are shooting people down for not wanting to support the team, and I am making it known why I think it is perfectly reasonable not to support them. If you want to support them, i do understand why, but just can't bring myself to do the same at the moment.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thats what i am struggling with, if the ARU is broke why send extra players when not needed. How much will Beales holiday cost plus i saw Ben Whittaker in the coaches box at Cardiff Arms.
Why would he be there? Keeping an eye on everyone? How much is that costing.
He's filling in as manager I believe

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Agree. Seems a little bewildering that the ARU cuts funding to SS but apparently has the bucks to send someone to Europe when there is no cited injury concerns among our backs.

There's not much cover at fullback for Folau. Cheika might want to see how Beale goes there. Or to give him a look at 12 where he had an excellent year. Or there might actually be an injury cloud over a couple of players that they haven't told the media about because, well, they don't have to tell the media everything that happens in camp.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Get angry at the tribunal who determined the punishment.

Everyone else involved had to accept their decision.

Who knows whether Beale will play one of the next two games. I don't know what Cheika is planning. He may just have decided that this is one of his few opportunities to have the Wallabies squad together for an extended period before the RWC and he wants as many of the players he considers in his top squad there and being part of it.
Maybe Cheika though that Beale's recall was going to be controversial at any stage and he'd prefer to get it over and done with now rather than in July next year just a couple of months before the World Cup.

Don't think this is logical at all. If he wanted as much of the squad together as possible, he would want Moore, TPN, Fardy, Pocock et al over there as well. I simply hope he doesn't play in any of the remaining EOYT games but if he does, that will be enough for me until both he and Cheika piss off.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There's not much cover at fullback for Folau. Cheika might want to see how Beale goes there. Or to give him a look at 12 where he had an excellent year. Or there might actually be an injury cloud over a couple of players that they haven't told the media about because, well, they don't have to tell the media everything that happens in camp.
He's already hiding foley on one wing in defence

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
And that goes for the captain as well, I highly doubt Richie McCaw would support a player like Beale who repeatedly shows he has no interest in upholding the team standards. In fact, I would be pretty confident he would have something to say, albeit not in the spotlight of the media like our leadership team do, because a good leader and captain understands the importance of keeping their team in check.
Nonsense.

Julian Savea, convicted of domestic abuse. Sitiveni Sivivatu, convicted of domestic abuse. Piri Weepu, Jimmy Cowan, Jerome Kaino all had alcohol related incidents. Dane Coles abused a policeman. Adam Thomson was charged with assualting his girlfriend. All the Zac Guildford stuff...., and this is just off the top of my head.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Its quite reasonable to expect we have a couple of guys under injury concerns, Higgers is heading home so brought in Kurtley and State. Done dusted no issue.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I don't think Cheika sees Beale as a 10/12 at international level..at Super rugby it's about getting the best 15 players from your contracted squad on the field for the majority of the game, which is a different mindset to coaching the national team where he has the flexibility to call up the 5/8 from the Dubbo Roos if he so desires..

all things being equal we are going to see the following 5 blokes compete for the four back 3 spots at the RWC (3 starters + #23):
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
JOC (James O'Connor)
Speight
Folau
Beale

One of them will miss out..

Ah... where's Hunt and Honey Badger?

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
He's already hiding foley on one wing in defence

Maybe Cheika's decided it's time for the boys to learn how to tackle. Or, like I said, he might be seeing how Beale goes at fullback where he's been a completely competent defender. If Folau goes down, who do we have who can play there? AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Foley, Quade I guess? It's worth looking at a backup.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Maybe Cheika's decided it's time for the boys to learn how to tackle. Or, like I said, he might be seeing how Beale goes at fullback where he's been a completely competent defender. If Folau goes down, who do we have who can play there? AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Foley, Quade I guess? It's worth looking at a backup.
Then say that. Just give a reason, other then he misses his mate from the Tahs

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Then say that. Just give a reason, other then he misses his mate from the Tahs

This is what he's said, what more do you want?

"It would have been easier for me not to bring him. But I don't think it's the right thing. It can help us, it can add a bit of energy, we're at the end of a long season
"I just look at the choices, right now is he in the top 33 [players in Australia]? Yeah, he is. He should be here. Right now that's it and he's available.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Remember folks history shows the professional era Wallabies are better when Waratahs are under represented in the run-on 15. Statistics show 4 to be the optimal number.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
1) Independent tribunal let by district court judge deems a fine as necessary punishment
2) ARU confirms that Beale is clear to tour after paying said fine
3) Chieka leaves Beale out of squad, saying he needs to regain fitness and work on his mental health
4) Beale stays in Sydney and undergoes intense training to get back in shape
5) Chieka is informed (presumably by Hayden Masters) that Beale is fit to join the tour
6) Beale joins tour

Point 2 above seems the critical one to me, Beale was available for selection, Cheik erred on the side of player welfare and left him out, but now thinks he's ready to join.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Cheika wearing track suit to the games while the rested players are dressed in suits is also making some sort of statement. I suspect to Beale it will say it's all right to wear any old thing on an aeroplane.

In any case, I vehemently disagree with Cheika's assessment of Beale being in the top 33 in the country. I don't have to justify my view of Beale, but Cheika certainly does if it goes to shit which given time I expect it will.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Ah. where's Hunt and Honey Badger?

OK guys, I get the gist..but you missed the 'all things being equal bit'..Hunt hasn't played yet, the Badger is unlikely to be released by the Japs, and the five I mentioned if fit aren't likely to be ousted by either Joe Tomane or Rob Horne..ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL!!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cheika wearing track suit to the games while the rested players are dressed in suits is also making some sort of statement. I suspect to Beale it will say it's all right to wear any old thing on an aeroplane.

You don't think he wears a tracksuit because he gets physically involved in the warm-up..

In any case, I vehemently disagree with Cheika's assessment of Beale being in the top 33 in the country. I don't have to justify my view of Beale, but Cheika certainly does if it goes to shit which given time I expect it will.

Of course you would. Beale was instrumental in winning the Tahs the Super Rugby competition, his attacking stats far exceeded any other 12 in the comp. It surely comes as no surprise that Cheika, his Tahs coach, rates him as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.