• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ewen McKenzie Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Fuck not this shit again. That's not why he left.

Really. When was the last serving Captain that left to continue playing OS? He copped plenty of this unsubstantiated shit about last year's Dublin 5 incident. Maybe he had enough then and saw out his Brumbies contract and left.

T

Train Without a Station

Really. When was the last serving Captain that left to continue playing OS? He copped plenty of this unsubstantiated shit about last year's Dublin 5 incident. Maybe he had enough then and saw out his Brumbies contract and left.

When was the last time a captain made his debut at 29 and had likely never had anything more than a reserve level contract in his career?

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Irrespective of whether Beale is a good bloke or not - what he did was wrong and it started this whole debacle leading to Ewen's resignation.

In the business world, if a colleague commits the same breach of conduct as Beale had by, say, sending it to the company's marketing lady you can be sure he would be fired. All those to whom he had sent it would also be reprimanded if they openly backed him. It's easier for a company to find another employee than for a national team to find another player, but fuck, have some spine!

Whether what Folau said is true or media hype I don't know, but if it is true I say bugger him. Let him go then. If I told my boss I'd leave for the opposition if the company fired another employee who had done what Beale did he'd probably tell me "Good luck with your new venture with that attitude!"

In a time where the code requires role models you have players doing this kind of shit and a respectable man's life has been changed because of it. If Beale somehow gets away with it what message does it send to aspiring kids? That this kind of behaviour is OK...

Di Patson, who was she and what did she do? No one knows and it is the fault of management and Ewen I guess. Not liking her as a player still doesn't condone the behaviour from Beale.

As someone said on another site: Hooper was caught on camera telling Messam to fuck-off. Then Joubert told Hooper to lead by example. There are a bunch of seriously spoilt-brats in the setup.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Theirs two options I'd take..

White through to world cup. He's won one and gets results.

Second is a Chekia head coach with Burnie backs coach. Fisher forwards. This would get 2 world cup tilts

T

Train Without a Station

@Ulrich, what's wrong with Hooper telling a player to fuck off? It's a contact sport, sometimes feelings get hurt too.

As for Folau, I'm sure it's a media beat up. In 2013, he knew Beale for the Lions test period and that's it.

Why did he stay around this year?

I can't honestly believe that izzy just to stay last year, barely knowing Beale, so obviously enjoying rugby, and in 2014 suddenly Beale is so integral to his enjoyment that if Beale is rightly sacked, he's going too?

If I may dust off an old chestnut, that'll fucking do me.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
The key thing Larkham would lack is skill in dealing with and managing a Board of Directors, as his dad is the President down at the Brumbies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Irrespective of whether Beale is a good bloke or not - what he did was wrong and it started this whole debacle leading to Ewen's resignation.

In the business world, if a colleague commits the same breach of conduct as Beale had by, say, sending it to the company's marketing lady you can be sure he would be fired. All those to whom he had sent it would also be reprimanded if they openly backed him. It's easier for a company to find another employee than for a national team to find another player, but fuck, have some spine!

Whether what Folau said is true or media hype I don't know, but if it is true I say bugger him. Let him go then. If I told my boss I'd leave for the opposition if the company fired another employee who had done what Beale did he'd probably tell me "Good luck with your new venture with that attitude!"

In a time where the code requires role models you have players doing this kind of shit and a respectable man's life has been changed because of it. If Beale somehow gets away with it what message does it send to aspiring kids? That this kind of behaviour is OK.

Di Patson, who was she and what did she do? No one knows and it is the fault of management and Ewen I guess. Not liking her as a player still doesn't condone the behaviour from Beale.

As someone said on another site: Hooper was caught on camera telling Messam to fuck-off. Then Joubert told Hooper to lead by example. There are a bunch of seriously spoilt-brats in the setup.

Dissappointing to see McKenzie the casualty out of the whole Beale affair.
Beale has a history of doing dumb things. He certainly should be disciplined over this. Whether throwing him out of rugby is right thing I am not sure.

But I hope he feels crap as with his dumb actions australian rugby has lost a good coach and had australian rugby brand tarnished. In some ways I wish he had gone to league so we could have avoided all this collateral damage.

Still....if he could be reformed and realise the seriousness of his dumb actions maybe worthy of a last chance. As don't discount how much trial by media he has undergone. Maybe needs to be given a community service role by ARU ie attend and work in a womens refuge to have a better appreciation of how inappropriate his behaviour is.

If for one minute he doesn't realise the seriousness of his actions or willing to recognise this sort of behaviour is not acceptable they should kick him out....and league should seriously question whether they should also accept such a player.

I am prepared to give benefit of the doubt and that just maybe this could be a final turning point for Beale to pull his head in.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)

I am OK with Joubert saying this as long as he says the same thing to McCaw. He had been penalise a number of times a the breakdown.

He treats and communicated differently between the two teams. Don't have a complaint about his decisions, but the way he communicates with the two teams is very different and frustrating.

Joubert after all did administer the Heimlich maneuver, on a choking All Blacks at the RWC Final.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Same fans would have jumped on board if we beat the all blacks and the bokkie like that.

It was looked at poor because we think the French are rubbish..

It looked poor because it was. One of the key things we discussed was things like the lack of improvement in core skills. Players not being able to execute their basics. Halfbacks not passing accurately, no back three player being able to kick from hand effectively. Etc etc.

Plenty of people here screaming about the possibility of White getting the coaching job because of the style that would come with him, well not much different in the game plan in that French second test.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
@Ulrich, what's wrong with Hooper telling a player to fuck off? It's a contact sport, sometimes feelings get hurt too.
Of course, it happens. The message to lead by example is what stands out for me so I used it as an example to magnify the lack of leadership. Hooper was among the players supporting Beale although he at least mentioned that he doesn't condone his behaviour.

What does that mean though? Probably that Di Patson was universally or near-universally unliked or that he and the team don't think Beale's transgressions were that bad.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Dissappointing to see McKenzie the casualty out of the whole Beale affair.
Beale has a history of doing dumb things. He certainly should be disciplined over this. Whether throwing him out of rugby is right thing I am not sure.

But I hope he feels crap as with his dumb actions australian rugby has lost a good coach and had australian rugby brand tarnished. In some ways I wish he had gone to league so we could have avoided all this collateral damage.

Still..if he could be reformed and realise the seriousness of his dumb actions maybe worthy of a last chance. As don't discount how much trial by media he has undergone. Maybe needs to be given a community service role by ARU ie attend and work in a womens refuge to have a better appreciation of how inappropriate his behaviour is.

If for one minute he doesn't realise the seriousness of his actions or willing to recognise this sort of behaviour is not acceptable they should kick him out..and league should seriously question whether they should also accept such a player.

I am prepared to give benefit of the doubt and that just maybe this could be a final turning point for Beale to pull his head in.
No,just no.
Forget about Link & Di or whoever.
What he did is instant dismissal in most work places in Australia.
Forget about past indiscretions etc.
This one act,on it's own,gets us all the sack in our jobs.
If he admits he sent it,he goes.
It's that simple,and non negotiable in my view.
I hope KB (Kurtley Beale) learns his lesson and continues his career.
...Somewhere else unfortunately.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Come on - Hooper telling someone to fuck off in the heat of a intense international rugby match....don't pls link that to poor leadership as Hooper brings passion to the game and leads by example....

It happens regularly in the heat of battle and ridiculous to be questioning his leadership over something like this.....just grow up.....they are not exactly playing chess.......lets not let the nanny state be unleashed in rugby......leave that sort of thing on the field pls and stop such ridiculous discussion over this....

T

Train Without a Station

Ulrich your points are valid but I just think you were going a bit overboard with your example.

Status
Not open for further replies.