• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ewen McKenzie Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
My head actually tells me cutting Beale is right thing to do....part of me is trying to find a reason to keep him.....and probably for all the wrong reasons which is because decent player....but yes I could not complain if they cut him loose....

He has had enough chances....I actually think harder to actually keep him with Di and Mckenzie resignations....as ARU I suspect would be concerned of players having too much power and control making it virtually impossible for the next incoming coach to exert appropriate control over the playing group...

This is bigger issue no doubt ARU are concerned about out of this...

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
If Beale is still a Wallaby after all of this I might actually be fucking done for a little while.

I have no personal grudges against him but it's gone so far past the point of lunacy that I can't even begin to wrap my head around it.

I am beginning to teeter over to the "get the fucking broom" side of the fence, honestly. If justice is carried out appropriately and the people who actually did something wrong are dealt with, I'll be alright to stick with the Wallabies - even if it does end up being one hell of a bumpy ride.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I hate Eddie Jones.. But jesus this presser shows what should have happened in Argentina
Post Match Press Conference v French Barbarians M…:

They don't wanna win they don't care and if they can't get better I'll pick someone else.

It's not funny..

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
article by georgina robinson in todays fairfax on line.

finally

"just the facts mam"

will be very interesting if she is on "offsiders" (ABC) this morning, to see if she or her other mates take any responsibility for this craptacular outcome

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I hate Eddie Jones.. But jesus this presser shows what should have happened in Argentina
Post Match Press Conference v French Barbarians M…:

They don't wanna win they don't care and if they can't get better I'll pick someone else.

It's not funny..

When he coached the Wallabies previously, I was a critic. Maybe, just maybe, he is the right man for the job at the moment.

Churchill was yesterday's man until the time of crisis but he was the man for the crisis.

I'm a big cheika fan and I think he'll make a great Wallaby coach, but I don't think this is his time.

The ideal candidate is an Australian, not currently working in Australia at the professional level, has the experience at the top level, can deal with recalcitrant players and a pathetic governing body and would have the respect (not the approval) of the players.

E. Jones & S. Johnson are the only 2 names that come to mind.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
article by georgina robinson in todays fairfax on line.

finally

"just the facts mam"

will be very interesting if she is on "offsiders" (ABC) this morning, to see if she or her other mates take any responsibility for this craptacular outcome

Journos never take responsibility.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
So, you don't think several penalties is a sterner "warning" than telling someone to "Lead by example". Right..

Maintaining consistent standards in the treatment of people, the tone in which you handle them and expectations need to be consistent.

Why are we in the mess we are in?

Whilst there is still significant conjecture and rumour the one thing I am certain of in how the text matter was resolved /should have been resolved there are different opinions amongst

- the Business Manager
- the Coach
- the CEO
- the players

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
When he coached the Wallabies previously, I was a critic. Maybe, just maybe, he is the right man for the job at the moment.

Churchill was yesterday's man until the time of crisis but he was the man for the crisis.

I'm a big cheika fan and I think he'll make a great Wallaby coach, but I don't think this is his time.

The ideal candidate is an Australian, not currently working in Australia at the professional level, has the experience at the top level, can deal with recalcitrant players and a pathetic governing body and would have the respect (not the approval) of the players.

E. Jones & S. Johnson are the only 2 names that come to mind.
I agree Eddies got the cherry blossoms playing well. And you think he'd take anyone's crap. Could you imagine the spray he'd have given Beale.. At a presser in front of the world. Problem solved Di in a job Beale back in his box

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Maintaining consistent standards in the treatment of people, the tone in which you handle them and expectations need to be consistent.

Why are we in the mess we are in?

Whilst there is still significant conjecture and rumour the one thing I am certain of in how the text matter was resolved /should have been resolved there are different opinions amongst

- the Business Manager
- the Coach
- the CEO
- the players

We're talking about Joubert talking to Hooper and McCaw on the field right? This is the definition of non-sequitur. Unless you're suggesting that Joubert is responsible for the Australian Rugby saga of the last couple of weeks.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I don't think Pulver will select a disciplinarian. I think he will select the man he think best suited to furthering his vision of "running rugby" whether they are credentialed as a disciplinarian or not.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
It may be unpopular to say this and some will consider it distasteful.

But I (and only I) speculate that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is heavily complicit in this. We all bought the babe in the woods line when he was the players rep and friend got the shaft but now he's been a senior player coming out in support of another player that has erred. Did anybody see the pics of the team photo? Link seemed to be the only bloke that wasn't laughing there.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is an arse and I've been saying it for years, only to be lambasted on here for having an unpopular view. The sooner he and his kind are away from the Wallabies the better.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't think Pulver will select a disciplinarian. I think he will select the man he think best suited to furthering his vision of "running rugby" whether they are credentialed as a disciplinarian or not.
The safe bets Larkham
. Liked on all fronts and respected..would he take it.. Probably.. Should he.. Don't think so...

Chekia would be great but he does it his way..

White the same..

I still would love eddie Jones as team manager lol

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
My head actually tells me cutting Beale is right thing to do..part of me is trying to find a reason to keep him...and probably for all the wrong reasons which is because decent player..but yes I could not complain if they cut him loose..

He has had enough chances..I actually think harder to actually keep him with Di and Mckenzie resignations..as ARU I suspect would be concerned of players having too much power and control making it virtually impossible for the next incoming coach to exert appropriate control over the playing group.

This is bigger issue no doubt ARU are concerned about out of this.
Just cut him loose. If he's worth it he will prove himself down the line.

The Boks used a certain prop who elbowed McCaw. He has never featured for the Springboks since. That's one very minor transgression compared to the several committed by Beale off the field.

Still, since then the player has behaved well.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Yeah don't get the Pulver hate. Think everyone calm down and wait for the real story to come out soon or at least Beale's hearing.

We'll never get the real story now.
Just as the ARU declared that they would issue no further comment on Patston's employment history because she was no longer an employee of theirs, they will do exactly the same with anything relating to McKenzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.