• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ewen McKenzie Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Of course they should have responded better. But many have accused them of a palace plot to overthrow the coach, called them disloyal and all sorts of things with only those comments to go off. I've read most of what's been published on this saga and I've yet to see anything that actually proves that, just like I've yet to read anything that proves other speculation about various relationships.
I'm not disagreeing their has been some unfair speculation about player integrity. On the other hand some have also come out and tried to claim that their was good leadership on display.

The problem is, silence is damning and where theres smoke there's fire.
People have drawn some fairly logical conclusions based on what has been said (or not said) by players in the media. The players involved have opened themselves up to those conclusions by the way they have handled the situation, and they should have known better. Unfortunately there are no statesmen of the game whose position in the team is secure enough to make them a captain or leader, and the result is out there for everyone to see.
I am sure Eales or McCaw, for example would have handled the situation differently
Anyway, I think my opinion is pretty clear so thats enough from me.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It's partially a media conspiracy. And that's one of the biggest issues with the place. They have pushed their side of the agenda hard, without thought for any actual evidence to support their smear claims.

The ARU has it's issues. The biggest is financial limitations.

From the facts shown the only questionable decision in the handling of the Beale matter is the mercy they have shown in agreeing to an extension to the date of the hearing.
I don't understand how you come to the conclusion that the Fairfax press are solely responsible for Link's demise.
Didn't Link say he had lost the shed?
How is that Robinson's issue?
I am sure they put plenty of thought into actual evidence before they went to print.
Unattributed does not mean not factual or not verified by others.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The fallout is destined to continue;

Getting Moore back to Captaincy is a positive. Seems to be a bit of criticism of Hooper and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) re support of KB (Kurtley Beale) and questions over Hooper's on-field captaincy, leadership, decision making blah blah. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s gone anyway.

Don't care that Hooper is 22. The ARU should have assisted him a lot more in the KB (Kurtley Beale) saga, particularly given his young age.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
here is Spiro's latest contribution which covers a lot of key issues I think. From my standpoint anyway :)

Not a bad article....I always thought Spiro was a bit flakey but it's a good summary of the organisational and governance issues bubbling around.

T

Train Without a Station

I don't understand how you come to the conclusion that the Fairfax press are solely responsible for Link's demise.
Didn't Link say he had lost the shed?
How is that Robinson's issue?
I am sure they put plenty of thought into actual evidence before they went to print.
Unattributed does not mean not factual or not verified by others.

These rumors are plastered across the media. Eventually things will filter through to the team and ARU and opinions will be formed.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
These rumors are plastered across the media. Eventually things will filter through to the team and ARU and opinions will be formed.

Or it could be the other way around and the team and the ARU have formed a whole bunch of opinions and the media are spreading those opinions around.

No one knows the whole truth of the matter and no one knows exactly who said what to each journalist involved in the story.

T

Train Without a Station

Or it could be the other way around and the team and the ARU have formed a whole bunch of opinions and the media are spreading those opinions around.

Yes that's very much true.

But I'm just dealing on the basis that if something has no actual factual support, it's likely bullshit. How many of Growden's alleged bullshit he has spouted out for years has actually come out to be true?

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Does anyone know when we will see the $40k fines and 3 game bans for the players who described the environment as "poisonous"?

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
That AB test was a fantastic example of what we lost.

Last year didn't count too soon to build the base game he wanted. But this year a draw and one point loss.

Link has always be considered a very good technician when it comes up to designing game plans esp for Kiwi teams. You could see that influence with the short side play and what the team was trying to do. Without our best 2,7,8,9,10s vs an almost full strength ABs we almost go the bikkies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

But I'm just dealing on the basis that if something has no actual factual support, it's likely bullshit. How many of Growden's alleged bullshit he has spouted out for years has actually come out to be true?

Vast amounts of the rumours Growden has reported over the years ended up being true. There was clearly plenty to dislike about the gossip style of it and the willingness to publish rumours, but it also was very clear how well connected he was and that he was being fed information from within both the ARU and Super Rugby franchises on a regular basis.

I think if you go back through the last few years, Growden's information ends up being correct more often than not. I'd certainly suggest he's the best connected of the Australian rugby journalists.

It's perfectly fair not to accept unnamed sources as gospel, but it also seems silly to assume that because they're unnamed, what they're saying is bullshit.

Experience would suggest that the truth is somewhere in between.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)

Last year didn't count too soon to build the base game he wanted. But this year a draw and one point loss.

Link has always be considered a very good technician when it comes up to designing game plans esp for Kiwi teams. You could see that influence with the short side play and what the team was trying to do. Without our best 2,7,8,9,10s vs an almost full strength ABs we almost go the bikkies.

Sorry Thinker but can you please use betterer English.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)

Agreed. The thing is the team went away from the gameplan at the end too. It was so infurating to watch. With three minutes to go the side was doing one out stuff, as though they could wind down the clock. Just a complete lack of maturity and composure.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

The most damaging things to Link IMO,were not unattributed quotes from players.It was the lack of supportive statements attributed to players,and Fairfax picking the scab about Di's employment.

The ARU were clearly on the back foot in that matter,inviting further scrutiny.

Growdens bullshit is different because he took delight in not identifying neither the aggrieved nor agressor in his weekly fairy tales.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

Just stop with this fucking horseshit he can beat Kiwi teams.
0 from 6 are the facts at this level.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
The most damaging things to Link IMO,were not unattributed quotes from players.It was the lack of supportive statements attributed to players,and Fairfax picking the scab about Di's employment.

The ARU were clearly on the back foot in that matter,inviting further scrutiny.

This.

The silence was truly deafening when all these questions started to come out, and only Lealiifano came out publicly in support of Patston alone much later.

If the media reports had been full of shit, then the playing group and coaching support staff would have presented a united front to nip it all in the bud. Instead we had a couple Waratahs announce what a good bloke Kurtley is deep down and the rest just seemed to keep quiet.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Been offline all morning, don't know if I have missed any developments.

Matt burkes articles are all awful. He must have the biggest gap between amazing player and awful pundit that I've ever observed. He is so bad that his endorsement if Cheika makes me think Cheika will probably suck.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This.

The silence was truly deafening when all these questions started to come out, and only Lealiifano came out publicly in support of Patston alone much later.

If the media reports had been full of shit, then the playing group and coaching support staff would have presented a united front to nip it all in the bud. Instead we had a couple Waratahs announce what a good bloke Kurtley is deep down and the rest just seemed to keep quiet.

Lilo wasn't alone..........

Cooper, Horwill, Moore...........

Status
Not open for further replies.