• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fiji v Australia A 1:30pm Saturday 9 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Off topic I know, but that reminded me of Russel Fairfax in 1971 playing fullback for NSW against Scotland at the SCG while he was still in year 12 at Randwick Boys High.
One of the greats in both codes…. He went to Matraville High if my memory serves me correct ?

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Off topic I know, but that reminded me of Russel Fairfax in 1971 playing fullback for NSW against Scotland at the SCG while he was still in year 12 at Randwick Boys High.
Never knew that. I was born that year, so my memory of that game is a bit fuzzy. How did he go?

Last edited:

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
The Scots bombed him with a couple of big back-rowers running through to belt him. Played okay I think, but I do remember him getting smashed (you could tackle them in the air in those days).

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
The timing of this match worked out with a family holiday to Fiji: bottom line, if you can find a way to attend a match in Lautoka, do it. It was just brilliant.

I'm pretty sure everything's been said already, but as a Tahs supporter, this match looked very good for 2023.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Finally got some mail on this - minor tear to his quad during warmup. Same leg as his foot and hamstring injuries earlier in the year
Any word on when he might be back on the field for Wests? Has been a horror run of injuries for him this year.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Any word on when he might be back on the field for Wests? Has been a horror run of injuries for him this year.
Haven’t heard anything, but it was apparently only a grade 1 tear. I do wonder if they’ll just strike a line though him and give his body a rest before a long preseason heading into Super.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Haven’t heard anything, but it was apparently only a grade 1 tear. I do wonder if they’ll just strike a line though him and give his body a rest before a long preseason heading into Super.
You'd have to think he's desperate to get back on the field and get some sort of rugby in before the year is done. Maybe they'll hold him for whatever tour of Japan they are planning, but it'd be a loss if he didn't get some time on the field for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.