• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Might as well start now as player signings are happening. Updates welcome

Prop:
Angus Wagner - 2024
Bo Abra - 2024
Santiago Medrano - (2023)
Charlie Hancock - 2024
Tom Robertson - ???
Siosifa Amone - ???
Wilton Rebolo - ???
Andrew Romano - ???

Hooker
Feleti Kaitu'u - 2024
Jack Winchester - 2024
Folau Fainga'a - 2023

Lock
Izack Rodda - 2024
Jackson Pugh - 2024
Jeremy Williams - 2024
Ryan McCauley - 2023
Will Sankey - 2024

Back Row
Tim Anstee - 2024
Kane Koteka - 2025
Ollie Callan - 2024
Michael Wells - 2024
Felix Kalapu - 2023 ('long term')
Ned Slack-Smith - ???
Isi Naisarani - 2023
Carlo Tizzano - 2023

Srumhalf
Issak Fines-Leleiwasa - 2023
Ian Prior - 2024
Henry Robertson - 2023

Flyhalf
Reesjan Pasitoa - 2023
Bryce Hegarty - 2023
George Poolman - ???

Centre
Bayley Kuenzle - 2023
Hamish Stewart - 2024
Grayson Makara - ???
Oliver Cummins - ???
Sam Spink - 2023

Wing
Reece Tapine - 2023
Manasa Mataele - 2023
Daniel Ala - ???
Toni Pulu - ???
Rupeni Mataele - ???

Fullback
Jake Strachan - 2023
Chase Tiatia - 2024

Wide Training Squad

UNSIGNED:

CONFIRMED GONE:

Harry Lloyd - 2022
Sitalecki Timani - (Released)
Byron Ralston - (Connacht)
Fergus Lee-Warner - (Worcester Warriors)
Kyle Godwin - Lyon
Greg Holmes - Retired
Richard Kahui - Retired
Jeremy Thrush - Retired
Andrew Ready -TBC
Brad Lacey - TBC
Michael McDonald - TBC
Jack McGregor - TBC
Brynard Stander - TBC
Jake McIntyre - France

Last edited:

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Great signing for the Force, says so much about what is happening with the team.

Again a great big thank you to Nicola and Andrew Forrest who made sure that we not only survived but have now been given a chance to thrive.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Interesting signing. A guy with promise, for sure.

I don't put him at Coleman's level of coaching yards gained in his career ... but he is a younger man.

Coleman's little black book is gold. Cron's may be all black.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Interesting signing. A guy with promise, for sure.

I don't put him at Coleman's level of coaching yards gained in his career ... but he is a younger man.

Coleman's little black book is gold. Cron's may be all black.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Out of interest what puts Coleman ahead?

Coleman has won more amateur Shute Shield competitions and a semi- amateur MLR comp but prior to this season had never been directly involved in a full-time professional set- up.

Simon Cron has won a Shute Shield competition, was previously assistance coach to the Waratahs and has just spent the last two years working in a fully professional environment in Japan under the mentorship of an All Black coach.

I think Darren Coleman is doing a good job with the Waratahs but there's been a bit of hyperbole for a team that hasn't won any big matches and was always going to improve.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
under the mentorship
These words, particularly the first.

What has he actually run?

Norths. A few months with an U20 side...

I don't rate the JRL1 as highly as you, but let's say you're right and it's already the real deal...

Did Cron shape the Verblitz team his own way, in his own style?

I'd say not.

Coleman has shown it over his coaching tenure and hit the ground running at the Tahs.

Cron is still green.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
These words, particularly the first.

What has he actually run?

Norths. A few months with an U20 side...

I don't rate the JRL1 as highly as you, but let's say you're right and it's already the real deal...

Did Cron shape the Verblitz team his own way, in his own style?

I'd say not.

Coleman has shown it over his coaching tenure and hit the ground running at the Tahs.

Cron is still green.
Bizarre response as most of your points are directly applicable to Coleman - 'What has he actually run? Gordon, a retirement village in California and coached the Waratahs to wins over the rugby powerhouses of Melbourne, Perth and Drua"

Simon Cron was literally the head coach of Toyota Verblitz and was able to get them to third spot last year.

And finally, Steve Hansen has been living in New Zealand over the last two years (little thing called Covid impacted his ability to get overseas), so how much control over the team do you think he really has? The bloke has been about as 'hands on' as he's been in his position of High Performance Consultant at the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Will be good to see what players decide to switch to the Force next year with Simon Cron coming in. Byron Ralston is leaving and theres a couple of unsigned fullbacks kicking around Tom Banks is one of them im sure he would prefer to be outside Pulu in future instead of infront (is that joke too soon??) then look at current unsigned Scrum Halfs, Fly Halfs, Locks and Props

we are definately looking to fill the gap left by greg holmes as Im sure he wants to get on with his coaching development

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Will be good to see what players decide to switch to the Force next year with Simon Cron coming in. Byron Ralston is leaving and theres a couple of unsigned fullbacks kicking around Tom Banks is one of them im sure he would prefer to be outside Pulu in future instead of infront (is that joke too soon??) then look at current unsigned Scrum Halfs, Fly Halfs, Locks and Props

we are definately looking to fill the gap left by greg holmes as Im sure he wants to get on with his coaching development
I doubt you'd be able to entice Banks over, he's got a lock on 15 at the Brumbies and I can't see him going anywhere but overseas if he was to leave.

Tight head prop has to be the priority - depth is already slim enough that Holmes didn't have to sit out a match alongside the other wine drinkers as a result. Potentially all of the Rebels props are unsigned right now so the Force could look there. As far as overseas goes I'm not sure there are too many Australians kicking around, maybe Shambeckler Vui is an option? Not sure if he's up to it though.

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
I would suspect the first positions to fill would be the have to have's:

Additional Lock
Big, Tall robust 8
Big robust outside centre
Prop

Then we can look at the nice to have's