• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
FB_IMG_1655791955815.jpg

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Worst kept secret finally confirmed as Folau Fainga'a signs with Western Force

FWS2ClIWYAEdimI.jpg

Much needed signing for the Force, brings additional stregnth to the scrum and will help having a big bodied forward to help get some good go forward.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
We need to sign a quality wing to pair with Mataele. Someone genuinely quick and powerful. Luckily such players just grow on trees, should have no problems finding one :)

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Worst kept secret finally confirmed as Folau Fainga'a signs with Western Force

View attachment 13961

Much needed signing for the Force, brings additional stregnth to the scrum and will help having a big bodied forward to help get some good go forward.
Article states he has signed to end of 2024. I had been hearing he only signed for one year. This is better news.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/wallaby-folau-Fainga'a-signs-with-western-force-2022627

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
We need to sign a quality wing to pair with Mataele. Someone genuinely quick and powerful. Luckily such players just grow on trees, should have no problems finding one :)
I think a decent 13 is far more important.

Mataele and Pulu are fine as starters, but there is ONLY 1 proper centre on the books and not a good one.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think a decent 13 is far more important.

Mataele and Pulu are fine as starters, but there is ONLY 1 proper centre on the books and not a good one.
Is Godwin gone?

The Forces recruiting is somewhat underwhelming. They should have both cap space and actual money to get some overseas talent back but so far they've just got Rodda and some scraps.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Is Godwin gone?

The Forces recruiting is somewhat underwhelming. They should have both cap space and actual money to get some overseas talent back but so far they've just got Rodda and some scraps.
Yes Godwin has gone.

The signings have only just started to be announced, hopefully there are a lot more to come.

Last year they did pretty well in getting Fines, Kuenzle and Pasitoa from the Brumbies as well as Rodda and Mataele.

So far Wells and Fainga'a. I have faith in Twiggy to deliver some more

Not to mention the signing of Cron will hopefully turn out to the best signing of them all

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
One thing we know in the West is Twiggy doesn't want to be second best. He'll be driving this to succeed through his lieutenant Matt Hodgson.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yeah he has the right number of Super Caps. Just finished with New York in the MLR. Would be a nice pick up. No doubt our NZ contingent have sold Perth to him.