• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think as tahs has shown healthy when have at least 2 good 10s (super rugby ready) competing for starting position. So at this point, I would say reds (feeling generous to include them lol), force, and rebels could do with another quality 10. Iona pretty good for brumbies as back up 10 so assume need not so much there at brumbies.
LOL

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeh reds fans need more festival of hate on this site so think time to ramp it up as too passive on here as others commented. Reds deserve a canning so time to step it up…

Festival of hate ramp up coming…let’s start on reds first as easy target especially as some of the reds fans on here a little more precious about their team and criticism.

Time to stir the pot and fark me some reds fans on here need it… may the festival of hate begin..

There you go rugby reg awaiting your response as you called for it as others crying so give it you’re best shot. I think personally you need to lift your game as all talk…

Yeh bring it on…

Reactions: dru

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeh reds fans need more festival of hate on this site so think time to ramp it up as too passive on here as others commented. Reds deserve a canning so time to step it up…

Festival of hate ramp up coming…let’s start on reds first as easy target especially as some of the reds fans on here a little more precious about their team and criticism.

Time to stir the pot and fark me some reds fans on here need it… may the festival of hate begin..

There you go rugby reg awaiting your response as you called for it as others crying so give it you’re best shot. I think personally you need to lift your game as all talk…

Yeh bring it on…
Crap just re-read this as something serous when really light hearted fun…but as nsw person heck yeh do I want to stir the pot for my cousins north of the border…hell yeh

Ps after years of tahs/nswru woes for once we may have the upper hand…

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Yeh bring it on…

You re-read that and kept it as is? Embarrassing. Now I just feel sorry for you.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Yeh bring it on…
why?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
You re-read that and kept it as is? Embarrassing. Now I just feel sorry for you.
Your hilarious Reg. And that is your best response. Lol I am crying for sure (with laughter). Mate when it comes to sledging you are the ‘reds’ equivalent. Ie lots of show but when it comes to bringing it on the field a total flop.

Going back to the training ground son and work on your game as you might yet get to move beyond being the orange boy one day. Although on current form showing suggest you find another interest.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
That or where Jake Ball is and whether he wants to play for WA?

Why does the WF need Jake Ball (who would not be cheap to get back from Japan) when it already has: Izack Rodda (26yo/202cm/119kg), Ryan McCauley (25/202/115), Jeremy Williams (21/195/111), Jackson Pugh (22/194/100), Tim Anstee (25/191/104), Michael Wells (29/190/108); Ned Slack-Smith in the WTG; Luke Callan & Connor Seve in the WF Academy/Junior Wallabies?

Addendum (15 July): Add Will Sankey to the above list. (I can't find the 24yo's personal attributes)

Last edited:

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
Why does the WF need Jake Ball (who would not be cheap to get back from Japan) when it already has: Izack Rodda (26yo/202cm/119kg), Ryan McCauley (25/202/115), Jeremy Williams (21/195/111), Jackson Pugh (22/194/100), Tim Anstee (25/191/104), Michael Wells (29/190/108); Ned Slack-Smith in the WTG; Luke Callan & Connor Seve in the WF Academy/Junior Wallabies?
Because Rodda is the only starting quality lock in that list.

Alex Ross (28)
That's how the season started but he was fit for a few games towards the end of the year and left on the bench. I know injuries are unfortunate and unavoidable but sometimes the best ability is availability. Injury gave Edmed a chance and I think the 10 jersey at the Tahs is his at this stage.

Anyway this is a Force thread so no need to tarnish it with Tah talk.

Rae Rae
No. He was only on the bench twice and both times it was returning from injury. He was starting fullback in both the games following those bench games.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Whilst that is a good number in the squad I only count 3: Rodda, McCauley and Williams as Super Rugby ready. Anstee and Wells are Backrow and you are in trouble if they are in the 2nd Row.

Jake Ball brings experience and calm. WF shouldn't be bringing him in to take anyone's job but be sure they always have a balanced pack for an entire season in which injuries always happen.

Could look at Jamie Roberts at the Tahs last year. Coleman didn't displace anyone more deserving, but I'm sure it was nice to know he was in the squad and helping a young core of back at training.

Rae Rae

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Jake Ball brings experience and calm. WF shouldn't be bringing him in to take anyone's job but be sure they always have a balanced pack for an entire season in which injuries always happen.

Could look at Jamie Roberts at the Tahs last year. Coleman didn't displace anyone more deserving, but I'm sure it was nice to know he was in the squad and helping a young core of back at training.
Ball and Roberts both left Wales because they'd had enough. In the latter case, the player was a busted flush.

Jake kept playing on but he's wearing a kimono now and playing easy rugby. It's what he wants...

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
At the time it was reported Jake Ball left Wales because his partner was living in Australia, and Japan Top League presented an option which offered him more time at home with his family. I only assume he went to Japan over Force because the pay disparity.