• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Brumbies 25 March 2022 @ HBF Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I can't beleive the force almost won that game. A shocker of a second half from the touchies and Gardner. So inconsistent.
Brumbies off their feet multiple times at the breakdown.
Brumbies laying all over the ball at times,
Hands in the ruck
The force put one foot wrong and get called instantly.
Touchies are usually Stevie Wonders..... the best ones are them not seeing a player kicking the ball away or keeping it when their team is penalised....

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
All up I am pretty happy with that game from the Brumbies. McKellar is certainly game to use the full squad (pre-game I was a little worried that we were light on experience and hoping we had not under estimated the Force) which is great nad set us up well in case of injury. Seeing pretty much the "B" team replicating the same standards was pleasing. It was also god to see the less experienced player work through adversity and work hard to get a result which they will take away a lot of learning from. Our depth is tremendous.

Not bad by the Force and hey are just about the real deal but some of the selections still baffle me. Fines is a real threat but he get 20mins which I am lost on. I get Prior is almost the face of the Force, but Fines is the better option.

I think Pasitoa might be re-thinking the learning v playing time choice as he is showing little which is disappointing. McIntyre is well ahead of him and he himself is only just Super Rugby standard.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
All up I am pretty happy with that game from the Brumbies. McKellar is certainly game to use the full squad (pre-game I was a little worried that we were light on experience and hoping we had not under estimated the Force) which is great nad set us up well in case of injury. Seeing pretty much the "B" team replicating the same standards was pleasing. It was also god to see the less experienced player work through adversity and work hard to get a result which they will take away a lot of learning from. Our depth is tremendous.

Not bad by the Force and hey are just about the real deal but some of the selections still baffle me. Fines is a real threat but he get 20mins which I am lost on. I get Prior is almost the face of the Force, but Fines is the better option.

I think Pasitoa might be re-thinking the learning v playing time choice as he is showing little which is disappointing. McIntyre is well ahead of him and he himself is only just Super Rugby standard.
I thought that about Fines but against the Tahs he was outplayed by Grant.
Old Timmy Horan’s call on Pasitoa being picked in the Wallabies! Good one Timmy... a bit early for that...

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

I think McIntyre finally
I thought that about Fines but against the Tahs he was outplayed by Grant.
Old Timmy Horan’s call on Pasitoa being picked in the Wallabies! Good one Timmy... a bit early for that...
yep McIntyre ahead of pasitoa in starting for the force (finally seeing more consistent performances from McIntyre)

Reactions: mst

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
There's a lot to like about the way the WF is playing.
However, what's needed is a full 80 minute effort and improved strategies for turning possession and territory into points.
WF, like all professional teams, can't survive on glorious losses.
Still enjoying our roller coaster ride and will leave solutions to the experts.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

And image he would have been getting really good game time at the Brumbies this year.. and would be starting now with Noah out

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think McIntyre finally

yep McIntyre ahead of pasitoa in starting for the force (finally seeing more consistent performances from McIntyre)
We must have been watching a different game. I thought McIntyre was terrible. So many loopy passes ruining attacking opportunities and a very average kicking game with his pop gun boot. Could'nt believe they left him on for 70 with Pasitoa sitting on the bench

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I thought the red on Banks was pretty harsh. When he left the field I think it also showed how important a cog he is in the wheel that is the Brumbies.
Nah. Direct contact with the head has been a red for ages and there was no mitigation. Correct decision.

Cant hit blokes heads, even with your own.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
They need to crack on. We have the NZ teams coming up soon. Keep grinding, get better. Bonus points helping us with ladder position

B team hahahahahahahahahaha. If that's the Brumbies B team they need to let some players go to other Aus teams.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Nah. Direct contact with the head has been a red for ages and there was no mitigation. Correct decision.

I’m not disputing the ruling, but it was clearly unintentional. It’s the ‘be seen to be doing something’ defense. It’s why the red card replacement rule has to be introduced at international level.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I thought the red on Banks was pretty harsh. When he left the field I think it also showed how important a cog he is in the wheel that is the Brumbies.
Agree KOB, totally accidental collision. Again emphasises the tackler is at least, maybe more, at risk of injury than the tackled player. I think any suspension would be a travesty but the injury will probably keep him out longer in any event.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

No real issue with that D, but Pulu did duck his head towards Banks in trying to beat him on the inside. No problem with what Pulu did. He has every right to try to beat the defender. It was just an out and out accident. No foul play. The red card should not be used for accidental clashes.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
No real issue with that D, but Pulu did duck his head towards Banks in trying to beat him on the inside. No problem with what Pulu did. He has every right to try to beat the defender. It was just an out and out accident. No foul play. The red card should not be used for accidental clashes.
In your opinion, which is OK. It just doesn’t align with the opinion of world rugby and on this occasion the protocols were enforced correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.