• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Rebels Rnd 13 Super Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Waylon

Based on last weeks form, the Rebels will put plenty on the Force and the Force backs will blunder their way to another abysmal showing and do nothing. If past behaviour is an indicator of future behaviour, the Force are going to get belted.

Rugby however is a great leveler

Rugby is the complete game.........a test of strength, endurance, toughness, courage, will, determination, guts, ticker, temperament

The Force have this in spades

Force by 10

D

daz

Rugby is the complete game.........a test of strength, endurance, toughness, courage, will, determination, guts, ticker, temperament

The Force have this in spades from time to time, but not last week, nor again this week.

Force by lucky to get within 10

Waylon, this bit of creative writing is drifting too far from the course structure.

4/10, please see me after class.

;)

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I can't see the Force losing by much, the Rebels to go back-to-back for the first time ever (I think, I'm not a stats man). BUT the Force are wildly inconsistent, as are the Rebels, so who knows.

Starting Seymour may be the thing that clinches the loss though, not because he's bad but because you don't bring new blood in coming off a loss when the game is one of the most winnable of the season.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I can't see the Force losing by much, the Rebels to go back-to-back for the first time ever (I think, I'm not a stats man). BUT the Force are wildly inconsistent, as are the Rebels, so who knows.

Starting Seymour may be the thing that clinches the loss though, not because he's bad but because you don't bring new blood in coming off a loss when the game is one of the most winnable of the season.

I dessagree. i think Seymour could be the different for the win. He was great when stannard went off in the reds game. Harvey is fucking terrible in my opinion. He can kick but he cant do much else. EDIT : Terrible is a bit harsh :)

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Rebels named, same team as last week.

1. Nic Henderson
2. Ged Robinson
3. Rodney Blake
4. Cadeyrn Neville
5. Hugh Pyle (VC)
6. Tim Davidson
7. Michael Lipman
8. Gareth Delve (C)
9. Nick Phipps
10. Kurtley Beale
11. Cooper Vuna
12. Lachlan Mitchell
13. Mitch Inman
14. Mark Gerrard
15. Julian Huxley

16. Adam Freier
17. Jono Owen
18. Al Campbell
19. Hugh Perrett
20. Nic Stirzaker
21. Stirling Mortlock
22. James Hilgendorf

mech4bg

Allen Oxlade (6)
What worries me is that the Force beat the Tahs and Reds, something we haven't managed, and it's always a very close game against them.

I think we can do it on Sunday, but then again every time I think we can win something we lose.

mech4bg

Allen Oxlade (6)
Having said that, this season's been far less embarrassing than last. Only two blow-outs so far, neither of which were as bad as last year.

Sad panda I won't be around for the last few games of the season or for next year when Higgers is on board :(

kronic

John Solomon (38)
I'm quietly confident, but will be quite nervous Sunday morning. Might need to start early at the Airport (7:30am).

M

Moono75

When the Force click anything can happen. I'm expecting a much improved performance from the boys. You can't get 50 points put on you one week and not come pack hard the next. Players will be on notice that positions are on the line for 2013.....that is if RugbyWA has the balls.

Conditions look good for Super Hero Sunday at NIB. If things look dire for the Force HULK SMASH!!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Stirling Mortlock has made 79 more super rugby appearances..........than the entire Force Backline.
Mark Gerrard, 40 more. Huxley, 15 more, Beale, 14 more.

I expect the Force forwards to make it difficult enough for the Rebs that they don't run away with it, but the Rebs by less than a try.

Richard Graham's innability to identify the quality of the backline talent he had and recruit appropriately has put the Force franchise back two years.

M

Moono75

I'm hoping for a body pile on cat woman
kinda partial to Wonder Women myself. Maybe they can give the blue morph suits the flick and get us some real super rugby cheerleaders.....that would be a first for an Australian franchise. Oh shit sorry forgot we live in a nanny state...

M

Moono75

Stirling Mortlock has made 79 more super rugby appearances..........than the entire Force Backline.
Mark Gerrard, 40 more. Huxley, 15 more, Beale, 14 more.

I expect the Force forwards to make it difficult enough for the Rebs that they don't run away with it, but the Rebs by less than a try.

Richard Graham's innability to identify the quality of the backline talent he had and recruit appropriately has put the Force franchise back two years.
I agree. Who is in charge of recruiting players to the Force? NFL teams have a whole scouting departing. Surely it is not just a coaches decision alone and hopefully not just a board decision. Whilst they may be good administrators they don't all come from rugby backgrounds. Some of the recruiting decisions can best be described as whacky!

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
kinda partial to Wonder Women myself. Maybe they can give the blue morph suits the flick and get us some real super rugby cheerleaders.....that would be a first for an Australian franchise. Oh shit sorry forgot we live in a nanny state...

make that a nanny country...

M

Moono75

make that a nanny country...
don't remind me. The lameness of the entertainment at S15 games in Australia is epic. Mind you it's only marginally worse than what the Force have been serving up on the field recently :)

Shit Sundays gotta be better surley. Go the Force!

Status
Not open for further replies.