• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Rebels Rnd 13 Super Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Enjoying this organic rivalry too, undefeated in Perth, 3-1 to us overall. Sure we dislike NSW, that's a deep rooted historic rivalry that transcends the game. With WA it's different.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I had a chat with some Force fans after the game and the issue of concessions came up again.

To be honest, to say the Rebels are succeeding just because of their concessions is doing the recruitment and management teams of the Rebels a massive disservice. They deserve praise for how they have used what concessions they have, instead of just dismissing it as an unfair advantage.

Are the Rebels succeeding at the moment? Compared to the Force now they are, but the Force in our second year were succeeding in comparison to the Reds and the Tahs. That is far from the case now. The Force were ahead in their second year of where the Rebels are now in your second year.

We had a fairly good start in Super Rugby. That second year we finished 7th on the table with a draw and three losses by two points or less (typical Force).

Tell those guys who complain about the concession that there was more young talent for the Force to pick up back in 2005/2006 which makes things pretty fair. I wouldn't mind a few more concessions for development players for the Force (and the other 3 teams) now though.

I don't mean to diss the Rebels and I hope the next couple of years work out for you guys. Hopefully while the Force go through the rebuild we need to have. I really like the potential of some of your forwards like Neville, Pyle and Jones. Add Higginbotham and a bit of starch to the front row and have Beale and O'Connor both fit at the same time and you won't be a fun proposition for any side.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
West Australians hate Vics........an AFL rivalry

The rivalry exists

After a bit of a stink yesterday, O'Connor's departure and a few close games, it is likely to develop

To be fair, we hate everyone east of the Nullabor. Except the Tasmanians. They understand.

M

Moono75

Is the Force game this weekend being billed as Sensational Safari Saturday........be werry werry qwiet....were hunting Wions!

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Are the Rebels succeeding at the moment? Compared to the Force now they are, but the Force in our second year were succeeding in comparison to the Reds and the Tahs. That is far from the case now. The Force were ahead in their second year of where the Rebels are now in your second year.

Wasn't really saying 'succeeding' relative to the Force at the same time, it's hard to draw a parallel to any side that way.

More like 'succeeding' as in 'we're not last, despite this lingering idea that we deserve to be'.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Call me crazy, but I still have a lingering hope that we will leapfrog both you guys and the Tahs before the end of the season. We have the Lions, a bye and then home Brumbies and away Blues. I reckon with the bye there is 12 points in that. Now if you could just go through 5 weeks without any points....

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Dont doubt it - you guys have a lot of time to sit around brooding on things in the middle of nowhere, and besides, your jealous :p
Convinced they get too many public holidays, eg. Monday and yesterday. Sweet FA going on.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
What's the deal with supermarkets in Perth anyway? Try to get some Doritos, and maybe a longneck or two, to celebrate the win and Safeway is closed? At half past 4?

I understand the need for WA families to spend Sunday evenings huddled around the Radiola to see if that cheeky Orson Welles is having a lend of us again, but Jesus Christ, people.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
What's the deal with supermarkets in Perth anyway? Try to get some Doritos, and maybe a longneck or two, to celebrate the win and Safeway is closed? At half past 4?

I understand the need for WA families to spend Sunday evenings huddled around the Radiola to see if that cheeky Orson Welles is having a lend of us again, but Jesus Christ, people.
Northbridge ftw.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)

We've only just got sunday trading this year, next we're going to make a push to have our pizzas home delivered....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.