• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Rebels Rnd 13 Super Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm not the biggest fan of the rebels.mainly because they have all these handouts. The force have had to struggle to build a team while the rebels have just bought whoever they want. It doesn't matter where they are from. The amount of marquee players aloud is ridiculous. To be honest the rebels have one of the best looking teams on paper when the likes of occonner and saffy aren't injured. if you look at the good players in aus rugby we have none. It's hard out west to bring in or keep great talent. Hopefully it doesn't stay like this forever. Also it shits me that perth missis out on all these competitions that the other franchises compete in. Eg the brumbie runners. Perth gold misses out. Terrible by the ARU. We are being set up to fail!

However, about the game. I think the rebels deserved the win by a whisker.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'm not the biggest fan of the rebels.mainly because they have all these handouts. The force have had to struggle to build a team while the rebels have just bought whoever they want. It doesn't matter where they are from. The amount of marquee players aloud is ridiculous. To be honest the rebels have one of the best looking teams on paper when the likes of occonner and saffy aren't injured. if you look at the good players in aus rugby we have none. It's hard out west to bring in or keep great talent. Hopefully it doesn't stay like this forever. Also it shits me that perth missis out on all these competitions that the other franchises compete in. Eg the brumbie runners. Perth gold misses out. Terrible by the ARU. We are being set up to fail!

[/quote]

What a load of total tripe.

Front row is composed of people nobody wanted, a bit like the Force. Second row similarly and my word how they have developed in Melbourne. Backrow a marquee Welsh discard, a marquee English discard (that had been sacked from his previous club) a League convert in his first two years, A Shute Shield trier or two who have never been given a start in NSW or elsewhere.

9 - did he get a start at his previous fanchises
10. started with a discarded Englishman and we found out why he was discarded. Then tried a Brumbies/Wallabies tradesman who is inspirational for make the best of his mediocre skills. Along come the two wunderkinda the only truly Marquee signings.
12. filled by a tradesman who I remain unconvinced about. Moved to the wing and was badly found out.
13. the underrated youngster who couldn't get a start before the Rebs. and the old man who nobody wanted anymore.
14. A league convert in his first years
15. Another old man who nobody wanted.

We could continue but why bother the rest of the squad is similar.

The Force now, there is a top line pack. An all recent Wallaby backrow. As much as I laugh at it, the incumbant Wallaby THP. The best LH Lock in Oz. The fact that the Force fixated on signing Giteau first and then JOC (James O'Connor) was their undoing whenthey should have concentrated on keeping players like Inman. Just imagine what they would do with finishers like Mafi, Warra and Nalaga if they had some penetration in Midfield. I think it likely that the Force will be the wooden spooners this year and they should be rightly disappointed by this, and looking internally they could sheet a lot of blame at Richard Graham for destablising them mid year. I must say however they are playing far better since sacking him. Note to the Reds sack Graham after three weeks to improve performance.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316[/quote]

Shiggins - sort of hearing you but also believe you are also way off the mark in a number of area's.
  • Sydney has probably the strongest club comp in the country - but what about the Waratah's.
  • When the Force spent money at the start Git's, Sharpe, Pocock to name only 3 the Reds felt the pain, the team they have now is home bread based on youth.
  • Who are the Rebels marquee players - That muppet from England Cip's. They never went out with the cash like the Force did a number of years back when Git's was picked up.
  • Brett Seymor had a great game yesterday - one of the Force's best.
  • C Neville also had a great game yesterday - one of the Rebels best.
  • 2 Manly boys making a fist of it in the second tier.
Club rugby around the country provides great players, unfortunately the Waratah's let alot of them slip away - take the Brumbies as an example our most successful profincial side over the years. A well run operation coaching, management, and the "team" a good example.

This is not the ARU's fault!!

W

Waylon

Force find another way to lose. dead set

They kept coming though. A lot of teams would have turned it up when the other team scored a bonus point before half time.

Plenty of ticker, just short on ability

The good news. Tupou is an exorcet missile in 13. man he put on some big hits. Warra looks toey and one for the future

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Force find another way to lose. dead set

They kept coming though. A lot of teams would have turned it up when the other team scored a bonus point before half time.

Plenty of ticker, just short on ability

The good news. Tupou is an exorcet missile in 13. man he put on some big hits. Warra looks toey and one for the future

My thoughts exactly Waylon. There is no lack of desire or heart, just ability, skill and class. Tupou was pretty decent and may be worth persisting with.

D

daz

could the rebels suck much more with there soft try's. I could not hate a team more than them.

Ask yourself this: Who let in those "soft tries"?

Hate is a strong word. What did you expect? That the Rebels would decide not to get the points to avoid irritating you? Come join the real world.

D

daz

Two quick questions:

How many local guys who have come up through the ranks of RugbyWA have the Force blooded? I'll kick off and give you Kieran Longbottom as a starter for 5.

And how many interstate players have the Force got on the roster?

I understand you are pissed at being beaten for the third time by the new kids, but let's keep it in perspective and aim your anger at the right places.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Shiggins - sort of hearing you but also believe you are also way off the mark in a number of area's.
  • Sydney has probably the strongest club comp in the country - but what about the Waratah's.
  • When the Force spent money at the start Git's, Sharpe, Pocock to name only 3 the Reds felt the pain, the team they have now is home bread based on youth.
  • Who are the Rebels marquee players - That muppet from England Cip's. They never went out with the cash like the Force did a number of years back when Git's was picked up.
  • Brett Seymor had a great game yesterday - one of the Force's best.
  • C Neville also had a great game yesterday - one of the Rebels best.
  • 2 Manly boys making a fist of it in the second tier.
Club rugby around the country provides great players, unfortunately the Waratah's let alot of them slip away - take the Brumbies as an example our most successful profincial side over the years. A well run operation coaching, management, and the "team" a good example.

This is not the ARU's fault!!

D

daz

Hey guys, one positive has been pretty much developed and delivered now: It seems there is now a genuine rivalry between the new boys. For years we have had the Reds and the Tahs, The Tahs and the Brumbies.

Now we have a fixture that that has the same kind of anticipation. The Force v The Rebels.

3 games out of four decided by a point? Hell yes.

This is what helps bring people to our game, as well as kick start a bit of fire in the bellies of the fans.

:)

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Hey guys, one positive has been pretty much developed and delivered now: It seems there is now a genuine rivalry between the new boys. For years we have had the Reds and the Tahs, The Tahs and the Brumbies.

Now we have a fixture that that has the same kind of anticipation. The Force v The Rebels.

3 games out of four decided by a point? Hell yes.

This is what helps bring people to our game, as well as kick start a bit of fire in the bellies of the fans.

:)

I don't think it's a full blown rivalry yet. It'll contine to be a rivalry while the teams are still compeditive but if one lifts the standard and the other drops off the rivalry will die.

The Reds/Tahs rivalry transcends this, as in if the Reds were 15 points better than the Tahs consistently over a 5 year period everybody would still care about the game.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Agreed Daz. I walked away gutted by the result to be honest. You could see it on the players faces too. In most professions you can get away with phoning it in some of the time when your heart isn't 100% in it, but not in professional sport -- it's a very unforgiving business.

D

daz

Agreed Daz. I walked away gutted by the result to be honest. You could see it on the players faces too. In most professions you can get away with phoning it in some of the time when your heart isn't 100% in it, but not in professional sport -- it's a very unforgiving business.

So many of us have commented over the years about how awful it was to see Sharpie doing his after-match interview when the team have lost another close one. It seems he hasn't handed over the baton to Pocock so much as passed on a poisoned chalice....

Having said that, being asked by Rod Kafer 30 seconds after a 1 point loss if that is a disappointing result is right up there on the list of dumbest and most obvious questions.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well I can't quote everyone but here goes. First of all I am mostly talking about backlines. I think the forces pack is great with the exception of maafu. Charles and Cowan are brilliant and lyn has been a good signing. No need to mention the rest of the pack.

How many marquee signings do the rebels get? How many do the force? I cant believe rebels fans underestimating there team. I said the have one of the best teams on paper. How can anyone say that a back line of
Phips/kingi
JOC (James O'Connor)
Vuna
Mitchell
Inman
Gerard
Beal

Is no better then the forces?

That's a pretty good looking backline and at the end of the day this is super rugby and a good backline counts very highly.

Anyone who thinks that wa isn't left out of the loop with needs to rethink. It's bullshit that we are not included in the pacific rugby cup. Tell me how do we blood local players? Through super rugby? I know all of us struggle with a pre super rugby competition

Perth gold get a Few games Here and there but nothing to the extent of the rest of QLD nsw and act.

The rebels are treated differently to every other franchise when it comes to who they can go after How is this fair?

I don't care that we lost on the weekend to a better team. The force need a fresh start next year with a new coach. That's what I'm looking forward to.

Edit : just came off nights And been awake for 24 hours. If it doesn't make sense blame that.

Cheers and for the record I don't hate the rebels. I enjoy watching all aus teams and I support them all to some extent. After all this is an international sport.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Stop bitching about how the Rebels are getting preference Shiggins. Force pillaged QLD rugby and used their extra third party powers to lure Giteau and Mitchell over there.

Because your side isn't functioning and you haven't been able to import/develop decent players in your backline, doesn't mean the Rebels are being favoured because they have been able to. Start looking at the Shute Shield and Brisbane Premier Comp to get players, ACT did it this year and look how well they're doing.

No doubt you wouldn't be complaining if the Force actually managed to win a game for once. Rebels deserved to win, and lets face it, playing entertaining rugby, I hope they continue to grow, they look like a franchise that isn't going to take 6+ years to be competitive.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Seymoure looked okay, a lot better than Harvey at 10, for sure. Speaking of Harvey, he has a few good points, but he is just too slow now.

Josh Holmes did some good things, and as a Woodies supporter, it was great to see Lachie McCaffrey running around, at last.

The Force can put a pretty good team on the paddock, if they can keep Pocock and attract a good coach, they should win more games next year. I hope.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Stop bitching about how the Rebels are getting preference Shiggins. Force pillaged QLD rugby and used their extra third party powers to lure Giteau and Mitchell over there.

Because your side isn't functioning and you haven't been able to import/develop decent players in your backline, doesn't mean the Rebels are being favoured because they have been able to. Start looking at the Shute Shield and Brisbane Premier Comp to get players, ACT did it this year and look how well they're doing.

No doubt you wouldn't be complaining if the Force actually managed to win a game for once. Rebels deserved to win, and lets face it, playing entertaining rugby, I hope they continue to grow, they look like a franchise that isn't going to take 6+ years to be competitive.
I'm just telling it how it is. It's a lot easier for act to get involved over there mate. There are down the road.

Who did the rebels develop? The force developed JOC (James O'Connor). The tahs developed beal. They Certainly didn't develop mortlock Gerard and Huxley. Phips and vuna yes.

If you read my post I didn't say that the rebels didn't deserve to win. I said they were the better team.

Maybe the force wouldn't of raped QLD if they could have had more imports. We have to use money or 3rd party. It's hard to bring or keep young guys in a state where they are so isolated. I imagine it is anyway. We don't even get bands here because we are so isolated.

I'm not bitching anyway. I'm just voicing mine and many others opinions.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Seymoure looked okay, a lot better than Harvey at 10, for sure. Speaking of Harvey, he has a few good points, but he is just too slow now.

Josh Holmes did some good things, and as a Woodies supporter, it was great to see Lachie McCaffrey running around, at last.

The Force can put a pretty good team on the paddock, if they can keep Pocock and attract a good coach, they should win more games next year. I hope.

Yeah mate. I think Seymoure could be one for the future. He is only young and hopefully can improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.