• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Stormers, Perthfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stormers departs today on their journey. The Force sure dont look like wooden spoon material aginst the Tahs and Brutes and the first real challenge for Schalk & the good guys.

The one big plus for us is our good defense we displayed week after week and the fact that we bashed the young Force lot in our warmup match on Newlands. They wont be strangers and expecting some big hits from both teams.

Wont be surprise in the Stormers run on team, Aplon to replace Pietersen and Sereli moving to the wing, Kritzinger in for Blaauw, Grant and de Jongh to return in 10 & 12.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Stormers departs today on their journey. The Force sure dont look like wooden spoon material aginst the Tahs and Brutes and the first real challenge for Schalk & the good guys.

The one big plus for us is our good defense we displayed week after week and the fact that we bashed the young Force lot in our warmup match on Newlands. They wont be strangers and expecting some big hits from both teams.

Wont be surprise in the Stormers run on team, Aplon to replace Pietersen and Sereli moving to the wing, Kritzinger in for Blaauw, Grant and de Jongh to return in 10 & 12.

If the Farce coulnd't score a try against the Bulls they aren't a hope in hell to score one against the Mountain goats.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
My biggest worry in this match is that we'll keep 15 men on the field in 80 minutes.

Expexcting the worst between ref DickHeadson, flagmen, Smith & Pritchard and the best in Aus at the TV, Goddard.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
My biggest worry in this match is that we'll keep 15 men on the field in 80 minutes.

Expexcting the worst between ref DickHeadson, flagmen, Smith & Pritchard and the best in Aus at the TV, Goddard

That's an old whinge from you, PB, can't you do better?

As you know, we of this board have agreed that there is to be no whingeing when your teams lose. I know that is a real problem for you but I have a solution.

Let's have all your whinges about RSA teams in Australia before the games - is you prefer, get the excuses in early. But, please, put all of them together and just once.

C

chief

PaarlBok said:

Expexcting the worst between ref DickHeadson, flagmen, Smith & Pritchard and the best in Aus at the TV, Goddard.

Did anyone watch the Hurricanes Sharks game on the weekend, Smith's threats on cards were all empty. Wouldn't worry about him. Pritchard, never heard of him. And my personal favourite Matt 'Squeaky' Goddard in the TMO box, he actually has provided the game with accuracy in his decisions, seems rather disinterested, wishes he was out there reffing himself.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Boet you obvious havent read my post. I havent mention anything about losing, just worrying that we will stay 15 on the field in this match for the full 80 minutes.

In other words the Stormers abilities to play according to the ref on the day, thats all.

If we lose the game I wont even bother to use the ref as a excuse and will blame only the Stormers players , and while you at my old whinging, I'll appreciate it if you can stop jumping your gun everytime a poster post something you dont like, its getting tiredsome Boet. I just may lose my temper at some stage and I really dont want that to happen in future.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
chief said:
PaarlBok said:

Did anyone watch the Hurricanes Sharks game on the weekend, Smith's threats on cards were all empty. Wouldn't worry about him. Pritchard, never heard of him. And my personal favourite Matt 'Squeaky' Goddard in the TMO box, he actually has provided the game with accuracy in his decisions, seems rather disinterested, wishes he was out there reffing himself.
Never trust DickHeadSon ever again, Smith hasnt been that bad the few times he had a change. Anyway lets see what happen.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:

Watched Dickinson (although the DickHeadson thing is clever, and not getting at all tired) lately, PB? He reffed the Clan v Lions game v well I thought, especially with the amount of cynical infringing going on.

C

chief

On the contray I quite like Dickinson, he at least knows the rules. You Saffas have something against him, yet he did help win you guys the RWC and the British and Irish Lions tour. Yeah and the Lions v Highlanders game, he did very well. It's just supporters who are a bit pissed at a penalty count not going there way. Be a bit more greatful, for the mans service.

How long does a bloody thumb take to fix? Hopefully Pocock will be the goods.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
chief said:
PaarlBok said:

Never trust DickHeadSon ever again, Smith hasnt been that bad the few times he had a change. Anyway lets see what happen.

News for you, PB. Stu Dickinson is believed to be retiring in the near future. He may be singing his swansong by really delivering on the e-mail threat :lmao: I hope he does.

C

chief

What's this email threat? Yes, I think this Super 14 season may be his last....

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
chief said:

Dickinson is believed by a contingent of paranoids from one geographic area of the planet to have sent an e-mail to other international referees proposing that they whistle teams from that area off the park :lmao: :lmao:

C

chief

Biffo said:
chief said:

Dickinson is believed by a contingent of paranoids from one geographic area of the planet to have sent an e-mail to other international referees proposing that they whistle teams from that area off the park :lmao: :lmao:

Classic SA theory on Dickinson, just as lucky for Dickinson, as I was talking to someone part of the qld refs department who was saying that Dickinson's book (didn't know he had a book) was actually a best seller in South Africa. I'm sure he's greatful

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
chief said:
Biffo said:
chief said:

Classic SA theory on Dickinson
Nah its actually a Kiwi one, Paddy and Cartell vs his scrum ruling when he penalised the All Blacks time after time.

http://www.allblacks.com/index.cfm?layout=displayNews&newsArticle=11672

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
chief said:
Biffo said:
chief said:

Nah its actually a Kiwi one, Paddy and Cartell vs his scrum ruling when he penalised the All Blacks time after time.

No, the paranoids went ballistic about Dickinson's alleged e-mail a few years earlier.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:
chief said:
Biffo said:
chief said:

No, the paranoids went ballistic about Dickinson's alleged e-mail a few years earlier.
You talking about the Japies one?

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
It's been reported that 3 Force players will return from injury and be available against the stormers - Dunning, Sheehan & Pocock. We've done ok without Dunning, COY really stepped up while Sheehan was out, but it will be great to see Pocock back.

PB - you think Pieterson will be replaced? Is he injured?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ja, Joe is out of the tour, got a hip injury against the Cheetahs. Blaauw out of the S14 with a broken hand.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Never trust DickHeadSon ever again...

Oom, I think you're being a bit previous about Dickinson. Stuie's a very good technical ref, a bit too much at times, but the whole rugby world's been calling for the game to be reffed by the book and Stuie's been doing that for years. He was grieviously slurred by O'Brien and has since been poorly treated by the iRB over the AB/Italian test matter; in my opinion his rulings were correct. You saw him in action during the Lions' tour last year when he was head and shoulders above the Kiwi and French refs. The Bokke lost the test he reffed, but I don't think one should become paranoid about a ref who officiates in games we lose.

Kaplan, on the other hand... ::) ::) ::)

S

Spook

The Brumbies just needed to defend well against their Super rugby bitches to win. Force coud pull this off with some luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.