• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Australia, Saturday 19 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Scotty you sound like a man with a grudge looking for something to pin it on.

You are spoiling to find something wrong with what Cheika has said and then come up with in your view are his true intentions with no proof whatsoever but your suppositions.

Cheika calls it as he sees it. He may forget the exact words he has used before , well frankly he doesn't care about the public appearances and media profile that much.

With all these changes (like the Ab'S) it looks like Chek is following his hero and mentor, the World's Best Coach:)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
How is it not? 11 new players from the last test including three run on debuts? It's no where near out best team despite being full of very good players. But it's not our 'A' team so it must be our next team.
Well the French did this years ago to us when they brought out their b team to oz so ain't payback a bitch! Re: I don't think they will worry about offending the French and if anything maybe giving them a gee up to say next time you come to oz bring your A team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
In the end he's making his bed and he will sleep in it. We may well win this weekend (it'd surprise me) but has MC is putting all his eggs on the Irish and English basket then a loss is unacceptable.

I'm sorry but I just can't see it any other way.

As in, a loss in unacceptable this weekend or against Ireland and England?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The NZ team play one less game on the EOYT than we do and yet Hanson rested a huge chunk of his best team against Italy. What does he understand about player fatigue that keyboard coaches do not? Do kiwi's consider that Hanson has cheapened the jersey by playing the B team even though the A team lost the previous game?

Italy are a far different proposition to France. By all means make 11 changes if we were playing Italy, but not against the French.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
You're fairly new here PK - there's many a poster who sees a Waratah conspiracy behind every decision. Best to ignore them.

Gee QH

PK seems like a reasonably intelligent being and would have known about the Tah Conspiracy Theory (Truth)

Obviously not.

You have now alerted him

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Each individual is responsible for their own performances and for their choices.

Sure this many changes means there are less combinations and less team cohesion and that is a good reason why the team may lose.

However that is no excuse for QC (Quade Cooper) to make the wrong decisions, kick poorly, pass poorly.

QC (Quade Cooper) has the opportunity to play well , no excuses.

Same with Morahon etc.

I prefer QC (Quade Cooper) and Pocock over Foley and Hooper but I am not going to make excuses for them.

If the forwards don't provide front foot ball them you can compare QC (Quade Cooper) performances to Foley against the scots and a lot of other games.

It seems people want their cake and to it eat too.

If they play well demand their inclusion against Ireland if they play poorly blame all the changes.

I don't think that is that simple - not going to go into it any more than that.

Regarding "having my cake and eating it too" is perhaps mixing what I have said with what others have said. Earlier in this thread I was talking about good and bad performances with a mind to only a couple of changes in the lineup - I failed to contemplate the possibility of a completely new team. That did make me ponder more radical outcomes.

But purely on a logical outcome of events - the variables that lie behind a "play well go on to ireland/play poorly coaches fault" actually do allow for one to have their cake and eat it.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
IMO over the history of wallaby selections more tahs that were not the most deserving have been selected than any other state.

The reason for this is because more wallaby coaches have been the tah's coach.

So backing players you know and have selected until others prove better is human nature.

That is not a conspiracy.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well the French did this years ago to us when they brought out their b team to oz so ain't payback a bitch! Re: I don't think they will worry about offending the French and if anything maybe giving them a gee up to say next time you come to oz bring your A team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the French do it a fair bit. The poms have done it too (remember 98? And our reaction?).

But each time they did it, Aussie fans ranted and raved about the attitude and how we'd never do that as wallabies and we wouldn't accept as wallaby fans.

And I don't accept it.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
play poorly and it is the individual's fault, no one else's it is that simple.

Each players has to own their own performance.

The team loses badly and the coach owns it for making those selections, for trusting those players.

A close loss could be the bounce of the ball or rub of the green , 1 poor decision at the 80th minute.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
No. he's picked a team to play. It's clear his priority is the Grand Slam and part of me thinks he's trying to rectify the stain on his reputation that had occurred this year. The Eddie Jones taunting through the Pom series. The Hanson and NZ Herald fun.

To me it seems that Cheika has his focus solely on the Grand Slam so that is name can join Alan Jones in the Wallaby record books.

In the end he's making his bed and he will sleep in it. We may well win this weekend (it'd surprise me) but has MC is putting all his eggs on the Irish and English basket then a loss is unacceptable.

I'm sorry but I just can't see it any other way.

Reg
You are absolutely correct.

As I have said before the Irish + England games are very important to Chek's future..

Win a Grand Slam and he goes to legendary status and anyone being mildly critical of him and selections will be laughed at.

A lot of posters on here will never see anything wrong with the bloke and therefore will be vindicated with their undying support of the bloke.

I hope we win the Slam, not for Cheika but for the team and Australian rugby in general.

It will be a hard task to achieve.

However, if we don't win the Slam I wonder if some of the Chek supporters might actually be a wee bit critical of the bloke, his assistants etc.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
While I've got you all here:

Do you blokes know if there is a Wallaby fan forum anywhere I can go to?

Jesus wept.

I hope every players plays well and the wallabies smash the french.

I hope that the players who play really well are recognised by getting a start against Ireland.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Musing:

Godwin finally makes his test debut 4 years after people called for his name in the test team.
Entire suad is decent - want to see Skelton the one chopped off the bench

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
scrubber2050 - I see more people being anti cheika no matter what than blind supporters of him.

Or in the terms you used more people find fault in everything he does than the ones who find no fault no matter what he does.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Well I think a loss is always unacceptable but I am guessing Cheika is less concerned about this weekend.

What I was saying is that a loss to Ireland is now completely unacceptable given his actions this week.

OK what about this scenario Reg. We win this weekend and there are a couple of stellar performances from the B graders. He then backs these couple of blokes and they go shithouse against Ireland and we lose. So he goes back to last week's team and we beat England.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
scrubber2050 - I see more people being anti cheika no matter what than blind supporters of him.

Or in the terms you used more people find fault in everything he does than the ones who find no fault no matter what he does.

It's all pointless bleating anyway. No one comes even remotely close to being a viable alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.